Mother of all conception months Graduates

i hadthe stand alone flu jab ages ago so i think they do still have it on its own might be in a different round of vaccines. your midwife should be able to tell u. nipples are just weird lol

Nipple cream gilz. I used boots own last time and it worked a treat and was cheap. I'm not finding them so bad this time and have just started putting the grapeseed oil I bought for perineal massage on them!

OMG ladies, there was a staff meeting today and I just read the notes and the maternity policy is changing. Instead of the 6 weeks statutory 90% pay from jan 1st it's going to be 12 weeks full pay!!!!!!!! Just checking i'll still get it being pregnant already. I asked for a review yonks ago and there are two us due after jan so it would be sus if they made it only for new pregnancies or something. I did say that I thought 3 months full pay would make a huge difference. It'll pay for byron's nursery for the year!

I didn't ask about the nipple thing but thanks for the info anyway Peanut :haha:

That's fantastic news about your work, i'm sure that they won't be able to exclude you and your colleague from getting those terms and conditions. I wish my work would pay us 3 months full pay, it would make a huge difference.

Lol sorry gilz, I was clearly too distracted by my amazing good fortune!!

Sofie, nipple cream! Lol

damn i'd have got that if I had been working for teh trust for longer grrrrrrr

Brilliant news about the maternity pay peanut!!:happydance:

i bought my 1st item of clothing and a pair of little shoes:flower:

Attachments

• 001resized.jpg
    001resized.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 002resize.jpg
    002resize.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4
Awwwwwwwww Madcat so cute!!

Just had another meeting with my manager, she has ok'd my working from home two days a week after my maternity leave, now need to see what the HR department have to say about it.

But...... and there's always a but isn't there, the head of fundraising says that if HR approve the request she wants a condition put in that this change will be subject to seeing how things are in January 2012 when i'm due back.

Now i might be being pessimistic but doesn't that just sound like they are giving me what i want just now, with the ability to take it away when i'm due to come back attempting to force me into coming back the 5 days??

Are they even allowed to do that?

Oh madcat they are super cute! Definitely gonna sit and go through Byron's old clothes after neighbours.

Washing machine man came and it's bloody well working now! Is there anything more annoying than intermittent faults? Still no call out fee so saved us £70 and found us someone for when it really does break.

I've been four years with my organisation who also have excellent every other HR policy. I've already done one stint on smp so I reckon I deserve it! Lol The main thing is it'll cover child tax credit and Byron's nursery fees putting us in basically the same position as we were last time and we managed ok. Still a question over what we'll do when I return to work but at least we can breathe for a while.

Oh and gilz I'm not too sure about the rules and longevity of flexible arrangements. I know you can't formally request more than once a year. This is all coming from tour manager right, who will know little to nothing about the law. See what HR says first. Have a look on direct gov too.

I feel like its helped make "baby boy" more real for me today. the clothes are 'up to 3 months', so if they dont fit straight away, it probably wont take long.

it feels very strange, glancing over to see a pair of baby shoes, very strange. The girl who said she was never having kids!, and now look at me!.

i saw some lovely little cardigans too for the chillier sring/autumn days.

I will do Peanut it just sounds terribly fishy to me in that they are going to say yes, but with a condition that lets them take it all away if they want. They'd be as well just saying no!

I so want to buy baby stuff now Madcat!

I was holding out till january to buy anything, but in the end, i just had to give in:dohh:

still seems like a long old time until i can fill these clothes though!!

I'm sure it does feel like a long time, but if you think about it another way you are over halfway there now!

aww madcat you sound like me I dnt want kids etc, an i have just put a sleep suit and a nappy on a teddy as practise. Man are nappies for newborns tiny. I'm about to call work and see hwat my manager thinks. to be honest I feel sick at the thought but needs must

aww madcat you sound like me I dnt want kids etc, an i have just put a sleep suit and a nappy on a teddy as practise. Man are nappies for newborns tiny. I'm about to call work and see hwat my manager thinks. to be honest I feel sick at the thought but needs must

haha:haha:on teddy!!, never thought of that!!.

nope from being a child up into my late 20s i swore blind to everyone i wasnt having kids!.

boy was everyone in for a shock!

My OH was exactly the same Madcat, before we were together he would have bet his house on him not having a family and would have truly believed it as well.

I always wanted a family, but if it was a choice between my OH and children i would have chosen him. Ironically a few years ago he started talking about children and then one day came out and said that he wanted to have a family with me. The whole situation worked out quite well for me in the end :thumbup:

MY dh was the one who quite fancied the idea of childrne, although wasnt hell bent on it, he never asked me to have kids, never pressurised or hinted. we talked and talked about it a few times in depth, until i couldnt talk anymore, and handed over my last pill to him one morning. You should have seen his smile!

I can imagine, he must have felt a bit like i did.

The odd thing now with us and i don't know if you get it too, is that my OH proudly tells people that he's going to be a Dad and you can see it written all over their faces that they're convinced i must have MADE him do it. My OH's ex-wife actually said she couldn't believe he was going to have kids just to keep me!

Eugh!
Well called work boss wants to just leave it until I return GRRR so called HR I can't return to not knowing what the hell is going off so they have said stay off sick until I have had a report from Occy Health requested by my boss. The HR lady will sort this out. The job I tried applying for is temp to perm so want people who can start straight away so guess I'm kinda stuck and will prob be on Mat leave in 2 months fab. not like we could do with the money.

Matt gently talked me into having kids I wanted to Foster but he doesn't only way I was gettiong kids was if I squeezed them out myself. Damn the hard work.

Eugh!
Well called work boss wants to just leave it until I return GRRR so called HR I can't return to not knowing what the hell is going off so they have said stay off sick until I have had a report from Occy Health requested by my boss. The HR lady will sort this out. The job I tried applying for is temp to perm so want people who can start straight away so guess I'm kinda stuck and will prob be on Mat leave in 2 months fab. not like we could do with the money.

Matt gently talked me into having kids I wanted to Foster but he doesn't only way I was gettiong kids was if I squeezed them out myself. Damn the hard work.

hahaha...
id foster, well, adopt, but DH would never entertain the idea either!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"