Mother of all conception months Graduates

:haha:think i'll shove a banana in my ear and see what happens!!:rofl:

Morning All.

Ooo, nearly 22 weeks, wonder what my next fruit will be?.

Oh peanut, i cant believe how ill you have been thru MS, coughs and colds, what an earth did you do in your last life hun?. Glad you have cancelled your meeting though:hugs:

Madcat, step away from the bananas it's not worth it!!

I get the manky sweet potato tomorrow :cry:

Oh i meant to ask, have any of you girls had sharp pains in your bump? I keep getting stabby pains in my bump today not like growing stretchy type pains.

:blush:........*stepping away from the banana*

Urgh, i remember the manky potato, i really didnt enjoy having that for the week.

Erm, ive had twinges in my bump before, and more recently stretching pains down one side or the other-usually durring the night.

i have a new problem, i cant stop eating custard creams.:coffee:

Baby B's feet are working their way upwards towards my ribs, still head/bottom down btw, cant be very comfy like that!:haha:

Happy 12wks Sofiekirsten :happydance:

Ooooh i like custard creams Madcat they are yummy!

Happy 12 weeks sofie!

I feel like I've a banana in my ear, it's killing me. I've seen sense and called in sick. Really rotten ill. No wonder byron's been such a grump, I feel the same way! Nothing a doctor can do gilz, all viral. It'll pass, just wish I had already seen a physio and had yum support. I've even got ligament pain from the coughing which i've not had for weeks.

Madcat I reckon I've just been bad in this life! :haha: it's weird, I never got ill with Byron, not until the fateful chest infection that broke my waters. Must be something in the immune system linking pregnancy sickness risk of infection.

How is everyone else today?

I'm ok but super tired and have a slightly weird pain in my bump. Had the worst sleep ever last night, honestly think i saw every hour on the clock, but hopefully that'll make me so tired tonight that i'll go straight to sleep.

Sorry gilz I didn't say. I've had all kinds of pains in my bump, different parts of it at different times. I really wouldn't worry unless it seriously felt contraction like. So much goes on, there are endless twinges.

I'm not hugely worried about it right now it's sore but more in a uncomfortable way not make you want to :cry: way.

If it's still rattling on tomorrow i might phone the midwife. Completely can't be bothered working today, i have no notion at all :shrug:

Just worked out that after the holidays i have 18 wks of work left before my mat leave!! That's ages... mind you that's based on the baby coming round about my due date which isn't greatly likely. My work will freak if the baby comes in March like the consultant warned, they aren't remotely prepared for me not being here.

Definately phone your MW if the ache/pain you feel bothers you.

Like i say ive had twinges like peanut says, at different times, in different areas, but something just tells you its normal. But anymore than that, if its bothering you, just get yourself checked out.

Well, ive been doing a bit of gardening this morning, not like me at all, put my hat on, coat, gloves and scalf and got all the old plants and weeds out the flower beds, the front has beds whiich are waist height, so i can do them, i cant bend down anymore though, far to uncomfortable(&I think baby B might agree). Filled up a whole recycling bag anyway.

just wondering what i might have for lunch....Mmm, i want something really tasty, but my only options are beans on toast or sarnies.

I managed to get marginally more sleep last night, managed to keep the pillow between my legs, which i think helps a bit. I cant work out why my knees ache durring the night sometimes, i know why my pelvis might, but not knees. My toilet times have changed too, their 1.30am these days,before that they were 5 or 6am, then i didnt have to go for a while, and before that about 3am.:wacko:

Hi ladies need a bit of help.

I am having pretty bad nausea --- not vomiting- but i feel like crap ALL day. I can hardly eat because when i do my stomach acts FULL instead, and won't let me take another bite. If that makes any sense? I just feel horrible. I'm so very tired, tired tired....

First appt today, should i try to ask about something for the nausea? I dont know if they'll want to do bloodwork if i'm this weak right now. I'm just, man, so tired and ill feeling. Feel like i have a stomach bug instead of a baby.

help pllllleeeeaasseee

Oh dear, you dont sound too good at all.
the tiredness is normal in 1st tri, although i have to say i didnt feel THAT tired at 6 weeks (it took a couple of more weeks before i was kipping on the couch in the day).
I think it might be worth asking for your bloods to be done, or iron levels etc at least to make sure youre not lacking in anything.

As for the sickness, i can not begin to advise you as i didnt have it, but know how unpleasant i would find it. Peanut might be able to better advise you on this one.:hugs:

Hi Dare, sorry you're feeling so crap. I'm afraid (or glad) it's totally normal. It's routine to get your bloods done at the first appointment and things like iron levels are checked so if it's anaemia it'll be picked up. It feels horrible but isn't anything to worry about, if that helps at all! As for the nausea, well also nothing great to say about that. I have been crowned in Nauseadom at times but there are no answers other than to manage the best you can.

Things to try:
Definitely eat as often as you can though I totally know how it feels to not be able to. Eat anything you can stomach -I grew my son on s&v crisps so it can't be all bad.
Try lemon and sour things including sucking sweets, ice lollies, anything.
You can try Ginger or mint (Ginger I hate but mint was vaguely helpful at the time of consumption)
You can try travel sickness bands.
Mostly I find lying down, doing nothing, DH bringing regular food and drink, is the best help.

It's very unlikely you'll get meds and would need to see the GP as mws can't prescribe them. Doctors are reluctant to give them at all but particularly in first tri when all the important stuff is happening. I've never had my nausea taken at all seriously even though it is totally as crippling as being sick. If you start vomiting there is more concern especially if it's frequent enough that you risk dehydration. The answer to that is to to to hospital on a drip. Nausea counts for nothing but the less you do the less bad you'll feel. I hope it doesn't last too long for you.

Well I continue to get more ill. :growlmad: Bent down to roll up byron's trousers and my right ear filled with snot so fast it was agonising. A form of torture I reckon! Byron's gone to his nursery Christmas party, my mum'll be back soon for lunch. No she's back now! I've got chips in the oven, feeling pretty sick. Moan moan moan...

:hugs:Oh no dare:hugs::hugs:
Sorry I can't advise,I've been lucky and haven't really suffered with ms
Peanut:hugs:this daughter of yours is really putting you thru hell!!
Hope you're feeling better soon.xx

Nowt new here.yeh madcat my nighttime wees are starting to get more frequent too.Just remembering getting up a few times a night nearer the end,getting us prepared for them nightfeeds!!!torture,its the only bit i'm dreading,not the labour or the birth,just the nightfeeds and that tiredness:dohh::dohh:
At least it hopefully should only last for a couple months,although my 2 were rather naughty til they were 6/7 months!Maybe i'll get a nice sleepy placid baby this time!!

Gilz 8 more days!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I know Vbaby i'm sooooooooooooo excited for us :happydance:

Vbaby and Peanut, how long did you feel it took to get a night time routine sorted with your boys?

We got into a good routine within a couple of wks.I had both of them getting their bed time feed at about 10 and then put them down,and then usually a nightfeed at 2ish,then they'd settle back to sleep til maybe 6.
By the time they were 10 wks old,they weren't waking for the nightfeed so it was great.
But then by the time they were 16 wks they started waking again!!(they both followed the same pattern)I didn't have to feed them at this stage but it was probably worse coz they kept waking like every 20 mins,they just needed comforting.
I actually googled it and read about 4 month sleep regression,its when baby who was sleeping thru no bother,starts waking again,funny how my 2 both did it,hoping this 1 doesn't.
1st babies aren't as bad coz even if you're up a couple times for feeds you can keep going back to sleep when they do,
2nd babies are hard work,I remember going to bed after I got oran settled at maybe 11pm,being woken at 2.30ish to do a nightfeed,by the time I fed winded and changed him and got him back settled to sleep it could be 4 o'clock,and then shay would have me up at 6am regardless,so no going back to bed.
I don't bode well on 4 or 5 hrs sleep I can tell you!!
What we ended up doing was I'd go to bed at 8pm when shay was going and dh would stay up and feed oran and settle him for the night,so at least when I got up for the night feed i'd had a few hrs sleep already,
Its tough going,but really doesn't last too long,but it really is the bit i'm dreading

lol good plan Vbaby. i don't think Matt knows whats coming to him. he usually comes in and walks the dog after his night shift. I think he might be coming in and doing a feed or washing and changing bubs lol while i get an hour in bed teee heee. I am already getting a sort of schedule in my head so I know what I am doing and can prod abby towards it. i will be in my PJ's shortly after my tea I'm guessing they have a feed around 7 tghne I would shower and pj's we can snuggle,read watch tv til bed time then we can both go to bed

Oh he won't know what hit him!!!me and dh had a lot of fights but he's well trained now,he knows what he's gotta do,i don't even have to ask anymore!
Once dh is home we have our dinner then I get my shower and jamies on!!
Its like a military operation,but once you get into your routine you're sorted!

Awww peanut sorry you keep getting these bugs, sounds like there in your sinuses now.
gilz hope it's just stretching hun.

I got period type pains again anythoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->