Mother of all conception months Graduates

can May be here already. we dnt have weekends away much would be nice

Vbaby - byron was an angel once we started cosleeping and only became a nightmare again when I returned to work. His teething has always been incredibly bad. Four months it took his molars to come through as well. He got temps of 39 for three night's in a row; he was in a lot of pain and so very unsettled; he stopped eating every time for some days/weeks; with his molars he was so snotty he would vomit every morning, all his breakfast, most cups of milk and sometimes his tea, when he did eat. Nursery eventually conceded it was teething but spent a long time telling us to see a doctor or sending him home as if he had a bug.

On the bf side of tihings, the mw are meant to be there to support and guide. They know all the benefits of bf and are not meant to promote ff but it's not uncommon that there won't be sufficient bf support and a bottle will be given too soon. I'm very pro bf but not at the expense of a mother's sanity. It's worth giving it a go even if it's just for the colostrum in the first three days, plus bf is the ultimate diet! But it's every mum's right to choose and do what's best for them. On the rare occasion we did get formula we found Byron hated aptimil but didn't mind sma.

The thing with mums is that we are magic and should trust our own instincts. We quickly learn what our babies want and when it's just nothing. Sometimes babies need to just cry and when you've tried everything it comes down to holding them and letting them. It's hard being a mum and emotionally draining but it's ok to feel like you're ready to throw the baby down the stairs (assuming you don't!) or to leave them in a safe place and walk out the room for a breather. I think mums need to trust themselves more as no-one knows the baby as well as mum does.

The thing about babies is they are contrary and what works for one won't necessarily work for all. This is why others' advice can be so bloody annoying! If you know your baby sleeps in your bed and everyone is happy then do it; if you know your child likes space and wants to be in a big cot in his own room at a young age then do it; if you know the problem is teething or colic or nothing then it doesn't matter what others think. Everyone has oodles of advice (says she advising) about what works for them and they are only too happy to point the blame at some aspect of your parenting but what do they know? They know about THEIR child and you know about YOURS. Keep the faith ladies!

eeeek watching baby tales. When do they start doing the internal exams? i'km not really asking family for advice more just what did they do so I have an idea

No internals until in labour unless you go overdue and have a sweep to try and get things moving. I'm going to request no internals this labour, unless I think there is a need. They are horribly horribly painful and I found humiliating.

im not to keen personally. i don't want peopleferriting around down there if need be. i'dprobably make a very good cat and hide in a corner an do it all on my own just boot me up on pain killers and back off

The main reason for them is to check dilation. If the woman is allowed to pay attention to her labour and allowed to labour in her own time (rather than the hospital deciding it's been too long for them) then there's no reason she shouldn't be able to know to push when she's ready.

On another thread I was given this link, an interesting read:
https://sarahvine.wordpress.com/201...-assessing-dilation-without-an-internal-exam/

i thought u jst knew anyway. if it feels like ya gtta poop make oubly sure and push or have i watched to much tv?

Evening Ladies :wave:

Well am officially knackered with work and the school run :dohh: is it end of March 2011 yet ????? :rofl:

Loopy hon your banana issue made my side hurt with laughter .....LMAO!

Gilz and Molly all I can say is the icky sweet potato is WHY better than a 15cm onion :saywhat: I have never been able to get my head around that one :rofl: 15cm onion anyone ever seen one that size whilst shopping :loopy:

madcat and all you first time mamas all I can say is instinct tells you what you baby is crying for and you will distingish it real quickly :thumbup: and as for sleepless nights PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE :rofl: Oliver was ace :)

When Oliver was born he was whisked to neo-natal....Well the day after he was born me and David were on our way to see him and once we entered the unit (he was in a middle bay!) I heard this crying....I said to DH am sure thats him and he looked at me like I was :loopy: I had only heard him cry once and that was immediately after he was born but so much was going on in theatre tbh I was just freaking he was ok. Well we turned into the bay and there he was laying in his cot crying :dohh: I was right :) (they leave them to self soothe in neonatal!) I walked over and said something like `oh my little man whats all the noise for?` and he instantly stopped crying....the nurse was amazed and said to me `he def knows who is mummy is!` :) SO Ladies I encouraged you all to talk to your babies :) about anything....what you are doing, where you going esp when theres on tv, music on or whatever.....Oliver was very reactive and would stare at me from his buggy whilst I was talking....sort of like reading my lips :lol:

awww sweet one offriend newborns sleep;s through throws off the theory the ff fed babies sleep better than bf'd babies

Peanut hon thats great :) Thank you I am determined am not going to have an internal this time either.....I am doing it MY WAY and wo betide any MW who tries to grab my feet and yank me down the bed again :trouble:

My colleague has lent me her birthball....I have yet to blow it up might give it a whirl!

Exactly Molly my Little Man was amazing :) I was always forever wondering what he wouldnt be good at or what we would struggle with....I am yet to still find it :rofl:

He came home when he was a week old. By the time DH returned to work two weeks later he was sleeping from 10.30pm-11pm until 6am when DH got up for work. He would feed him leaving me in bed and then bring him back tuck him up get ready for work and leave and Oliver would wake up again about 10-10.30am :wacko:

He was a breeze to move to a cot, wean and even potty train....we started potty training the Christmas after he was two in the Oct and he was fully trained during day in two weeks and by the end of the month he was dry during the night so approx 3-4wks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM EXPECTING CHARLIE TO BE A LITTLE MONKEY :rofl:

Hon you just never know....easy or hard there all lovely and you just get through it :) Oliver is real bad when he gets ill so I guess we suffer then!

Ladies I must share the convo with Oliver last night......:lol:

We told him about having to go for the scan and apologised we couldnt make his nativity (the times clashed but MIL went instead!) and how important it was for baby to be checked and that we had tried to change the appointment but due to Christmas hols they were fully booked and it couldnt wait until after the New Year as baby had to be checked at a certain time in growing and that time was now. He looked like he was going to cry :( I got worried and then asked him if he wanted to see the pics...he smiled and said `yes`....then David said `well you know how we explained that Mummy and Daddy could probably find out if we are having a boy or girl?....well would you like to know if you`re having a brother or sister?`...he said `yes` so DH said `what colours do boys and girls wear?` So Oliver said `boys wear blue and girls wear pink!` so DH held up the blue tigger set we had bought Charlie and Oliver said `am having a brother!` with the biggest grin on his face ever and then he threw himself onto my knee and gave me a big hug....he said `we will be best friends!` :cloud9:

He makes me so proud!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Molly if you do just know you'll have a better chance of finding our if they leave you alone and you won't know if you have an epidural.

Madly oliver is so sweet! And what a Jammy cow to have such a well behaved boy! You'll get yours when he's a teen! Lol

dang. i am soo in to mins on this. If I can do 8 miles of a marathon with a broken foot no pain killers I can surely do that. though the thought of not feeling anything is tempting

dang. i am soo in to mins on this. If I can do 8 miles of a marathon with a broken foot no pain killers I can surely do that. though the thought of not feeling anything is tempting

Well it always makes sense to avoid meds unless you feel you need them. Apart from gas they all have a potentially bad effect on the baby/mum/labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->