Mother of all conception months Graduates

Dh is 5 years older than me though:growlmad:. i really dont know, the plan is to have one at the moment tbh.

:hissy:Kn*bs!!!....... i just got an email frm tesco pet insurance saying they had renewed our pet insurance for £27 a month. i cant even remember taking ins out with them. so i phoned, and the address they have for me is one ive never lived at, and the pets they have down for us is one golden lab!...ive never even owned a dog!. Cheeky buggers, good job i checked that out, just going to keep in eye out on our account to make sure they dont take 'someone elses pet ins' out of our account...because they had our email which is worrying!.
Just checked, ours is with the halifax lol!

Weird madcat! Perhaps someone mistyped a similar email address?

Well sorry I disappeared. Went to check the time of Byron's two year check next week so I could ring the clinic and see about getting the flu jab at the same time. Realised it was noon and so set about making some lunch. How waffles and fried egg took over half an hour I don't know! I cleared some of the tools from the utility though so it's a little less cluttered in there. Also made a delicious hot lemon and honey. Still in jamas but am going to have a bath in a bit and then walk the dog.

I really feel like I'm off school sick today! lol

school sick days are good!:haha: your PJ morning sounds comfy!.

im still not sure about the flu jab, i saw all the posters when i saw the MW this week, but i didnt ask, like theres something holding me back. I just dont know. At least im not out and about in a work place mind.

anyone elses uterus quite high now?, i could hear kicks not far from below my ribs on the doppler, the MW showed me the height too, i thought it would still be at my belly button, it explains the odd little flutters ive felt further up from time to time though, although most of the movement is still low.

:wacko:goodness me, am i really having a baby??, i mean really?.

PS-its a poop day :) so pleased!

I just booked into the flu clinic. I read yesterday about the h1n1 deaths this season and found they were mostly clustered around here in Oldham and Southport so figured I'd just go and get it. I wouldn't but for h1n1. Never had a flu jab before so hoping I'm not too ill at Christmas!! DH had to get his for work a few weeks ago and says he's actually been feeling surprisingly well and aside from the usual sore arm has had no side effects.

I'm still in my new pyjamas. Been in them for about 36 hours continuously now. :rofl:

OOOh enjoy your day off peanut,sounds lovely!

Madcat,dh will be 39 in feb,so I admit I did have to do a bit of armtwisting for this baba!He reckons you shouldn't be doing nightfeeds when you're 40!
Just hope I don't get notions for a 4th!I will be told to well and truly get a grip on myself i'd imagine!

Hope your new bed is nice and comfy loopy!
Whats happeneing with gilz?was she heading to the hospital 1st thing?

I had the swine flu jab last yr peanut,and I was fine after it.
I'm still scared to get it this time round,but have read if you got it last yr you would still have a certain degree of immunity so i'm gonna leave it.
I'm pretty much not around lots of people anyway,neither is dh.My main concern would be shay at playschool,but he had the jab last yr too,so fingers crossed.
Haven't heard of any cases in the area or nearby towns as of yet.

I'm back....

Sofiekirsten good luck today, Madcat frazzles are gross, Peanut sorry you are still ill and happy new mattress Loopy.

The jellybean is fine stupid bleeding was because of placenta pushing on my cervix. Was pretty scary as I'm to far on now to go to EPAU so had to go to maternity assessment. Had a scan got to see jellybean for a second, radiographer was a complete bitch, then had to have a gross internal. More erosion on my cervix and the bleeding was probably so much because of my blood thinning injections.

Sent home to get plenty of rest so that's what I'll do. Off to bed just now for a nap, I'll be back later!

I have had to wait for my flu jab, been no stock in. Booked in after Christmas. Was fine after last one.

I hope Gilz is ok. I think she was calling the EPAU first thing. They have probably told her to go straight up.

Well VBaby if you are too old for night feeds at 40 I am stuffed at 41 one then! Well lets just hope my poor old bones will take the strain :haha:

Yay for PJ days. I love them. They are more fun though if you arent sick!

OH glad its nothing too major gilz, do you feel a bit better now?. Eww the internal doesnt sound to pleasant!.

Glad you're back Gilz and things are ok. That makes sense about the blood-thinners - I'd forgotten you were on them but they make any bleeding look more scary and last longer as clotting is more difficult. Why was the radiographer so bad?

vbaby I think it's just one of those things that can't be predicted. If it's mutated a lot since last year then previous jabs might not touch it but if it's largely the same then you should retain immunity. I've never had flu nor a jab for it so either have amazing natural immunity or alternatively am well overdue! With Byron in nursery we get everything under the sun anyway and DH working in a library is a nightmare. He's had a jab now too so that'll help but he could still carry it home.

Right. Must motivate myself to have a nice relaxing bath and clear my snotty head. Just can't be bothered to move....

Internal was gross, also carried out by a huge male black obstetrician with rather funky dreds, so not your usual gynie dr. He kept trying to joke to help the atmosphere but i actually wanted the ground to open up and eat me whole!!

Don't feel much better but no more bleeding so that has to be good, although they did say to expect some after prodding about at my cervix. The whole experience certainly didn't make me look forward to giving birth anymore than I was that's for sure!!

Just can't be bothered to move....
thats the spirit:haha:!!

does anyone think that the flu jab hasnt been around long enough to know what long term effects could possibly be on a baby?, i guess this is my concern...i think!!.:shrug:

Internal was gross, also carried out by a huge male black obstetrician with rather funky dreds, so not your usual gynie dr. He kept trying to joke to help the atmosphere but i actually wanted the ground to open up and eat me whole!!

Don't feel much better but no more bleeding so that has to be good, although they did say to expect some after prodding about at my cervix. The whole experience certainly didn't make me look forward to giving birth anymore than I was that's for sure!!

eww, i dont like the thought of some bloke poking around down there:blush:

Oh and Peanut think the radiographer was pissed cos she had to squish me in as an emergency scan. Her whole attitude stank.

Madcat the unknown implications to the baby are the main thing putting me off the flu jab. I understand that as pregnant women we are immuno-suppressed to an extent but I would hate to do something bad to the jellybean by having the jab.

And nope the man rumbling about in my lady garden was definitely not an experience I'd like to repeat. At least if it's a woman they've got one of their own so the embarrassment is slightly less

Oh and Peanut think the radiographer was pissed cos she had to squish me in as an emergency scan. Her whole attitude stank.

Madcat the unknown implications to the baby are the main thing putting me off the flu jab. I understand that as pregnant women we are immuno-suppressed to an extent but I would hate to do something bad to the jellybean by having the jab.

And nope the man rumbling about in my lady garden was definitely not an experience I'd like to repeat. At least if it's a woman they've got one of their own so the embarrassment is slightly less

Well, im glad to hear you enjoyed your morning gilz!!:haha::haha:

The flu jab has been around for donkeys years (I think technically it was the 1800s or something like that!) and has been given to pregnant women for some time too. I tried to find out yesterday exactly when that started as in the States all pregnant women are encouraged to get it. This particular h1n1 strain hasn't been around in its current form for so long but that doesn't really mean anything in the context of the vaccination. ALL vaccinations come with a slight risk for anyone taking them and a slightly bigger risk for people with certain conditions but it really is very slight and far far less than the risks of serious complications is we do catch h1n1.

I know what you mean. Had I been pregnant last year I might not have made the decision so easily as I have this year. People are anxious of new things especially when pregnant. There was another thread in 2nd tri where someone was talking about not knowing the long term effects on the baby as it grows up and mentioned miscellaneous chemicals we might be exposed to that might cause cancer in children. Really it's a nonsensical argument. Flu jab has been given long enough that were there any likely negative effects on the children these would've been picked up. I found a study yesterday that found that pregnant women having the short quite significantly reduced the chance of hospitalisation from flu in their babies of less than 6 months (the age group that can't have a flu shot).

The way we as people perceive risk is totally wacky, it's just the way we're wired. Both we and our children are just so much more likely to suffer or die through a road traffic incident than anything that could happen from a jab of any kind. It's partly about exposure. Because we drive or walk by the road every day we don't think about it. If we had jabs every day we also wouldn't think about it I'm sure.

The main fear around the h1n1 jab last year was that it caused miscarriage. This was because it was being given in first tri when most miscarriages happen. When a tragedy happens we look for something different that occurred and associate the two when in all liklihood they had nothing to do with each other.

Anyway. You don't go out much so your chances of catching it are probably lower. Maybe chat with your MW or GP and see what they think? There's no need for you to feel pressured into it but I argue there's no need for you to feel afraid of it. You just need to do what's best for you.

Bloody hell it's totally snowing massively! I don't want to walk the dog or push the pram in this stupid weather!

Oh thank god gilz,so glad everythings ok.xx
I'm the same as you girls about getting the jab,just worried about baby.
I even feel bad that I got it for my boys last yr.I think I got scaremongered into us getting it last yr,and hope it won't ever have an effect on the boys.
It was only after we got it last yr I realized how many people didn't get it for their kids so made me feel guilty,don't want the same happening.
Peanut that info I read regarding still having immunity from last yrs jab is from the official health service executive website,and they actually stated pregnant women who got the swine flu vaccine last yr would still be immune,but would not be imune from the other flu strains that are in the new jab.That doesn't bother me as I've never had flu jabs before when pregnant and I haven't had flu in over 10yrs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->