Mother of all conception months Graduates

Lovely stuff Madcat and Madly I'm going to buy a couple of bits on Thursday after our scan.

Madly I wouldn't worry about the weight loss as long as Charlie is healthy. But I'm sure your mw will be able to keep you right.

Me and Vbaby up on Thursday so not long to see if Madly's predictions are right :happydance: is your scan the 30th?

Ladies, There is a vacinine with H1N1 in it as it is egg based so any one with an allergy can't have it.

Madcat send ur MIL this way. I'll show her what for. Grrrrrr guess who's in fine form tonight.

Finally did the christmas cards. and now have some fairy lights in the lounge. Lots to do.

One of my collegues called me from work "enquiring" how I was, I think she was actually calling to see when she could schedule me in Grrrrrrr nosy mare thats the bosses job

Hey Bids! Long time no see. All well?

Madly on the weight thing I really wouldn't worry. You've been really sick for a lot of the pregnancy so far. You're eating fine. My sister had hyperemesis and I'm pretty sure that at her due date she weighed less than before she got pregnant. I don't (can't) weigh myself and MWs don't weigh us routinely because it's just not that important. Unless you're not eating/drinking or have any funny symptoms I really wouldn't worry about it.

On the jab and testing on preg women remember this is the normal seasonal jab, made the samexway every year, and that it's routinely given to pregnant women in the states and has been for years. If there were complications I'm sure it would've shown up by now. I don't know why I've suddenly become proponent of the jab! Lol I'm easy about whether anyone gets it or not, it's personal choice. I guess I'm just getting cross about the level of disinformation out there and that some are basing their decision entirely on that.

Gilz I do wonder about you though because of your kidney. Have you chatted with your consultant or mw about flu and whether there are any special considerations for you?

When it comes down to it your chances of catching it are not so massive (for example in 31 years I've never had it and I have a rubbish immune system); if you do get it your chances of complications are higher than if not pregnant but I've not seen stats and there's no reason to assume the worst. It's just one of those difficult decisions we make. In the past people were not so fastidious about what they did to/with their bodies in pregnancy but we've come a long way in our understanding since then. It works both ways. We know better how to protect us and our unborn babies by avoiding and taking specific things. Try not to stress about it though, in hindsight no doubt it won't be that big a deal whatever you decide.

Turkey - veggie so got nothing for you!

But a cooking question of my own. Does anyone know how to roast veggies, specifically brassicas, without ending up with a pan of burnt and undercooked veg in equal parts?

Hope you told her to get lost Molly!

Peanut I know my consultant both kidney ad obstetric would want me to have the jab but as it's been explained to me it's not the same seasonal flu jab that's been used for years. This year it has the swine flu vaccine integrated and we only have last years pregnant ladies who took it for reference of side effects etc. If it was simply the normal flu vaccine I would have it.

I was told categorically by my GP that you cannot get the flu vaccine this year without the swine flu component so that's why I'm hesitant.

Knew I'd forgotten something, madcat your mil! I've got to ask why her son and EX husband pander to her every whim! Seriously I think she must be clinically lonely to behave the way she does. You need to find her a boyfriend!

Sorry turkey, leave on side over night don't roast meat straight from the fridge. 30 minutes per lb/500g and 30 minutes to brown.
On roasting veg, keep an eye on it is the most important bit. par boil spuds. cut all veg the same size so for snips cut in half if its a big un cut down the pointy bit. then cut the fat bit into 4 long quarters. carrots and sweet potatos don't take long. so for ya waking great big turkey to be ready roughly for the queens speach
Turkey in oven at 8 am
prep your veg around 10/or night before if your in our family.
par boil your spuds at 12 ish
for non veggys get some goose fat for the veggys use veg lard or oil with a nob of butter
heated in your roasting veg dish.
pop in ya spuds put back in oven for 15 minutes.
Add the rest of your veg i think thats in the right order.

you want the oven between 5/6 or 175 /200. stuff an onion up ya turkey and oil/butter the skin and season before starting. remember to baste every half hour and use the giblets for yummy gravy for this make a weak gravy with granuals about a pint - 2 pints worth then simmer you giblets in it for about an hour. then build in the meat juices just as its resting some corn flour herbs etc.

I hope that works Been cooking full on roast since I was 11. The roasting veg are my biggest nightmare but they usually have minimul black bits when I'm not focused but they are always caramilsed and never enough. Sadly this year I got some in a packet from the freezer section

Wow Molly think we'll just call you Nigella from now on :thumbup:

Gilz very bixarre and he's talking out his trumpet coz if you have had H1N1 once you don't have it again. It might be worth talking to the nurse who actually does them some time gp's have no idea what the nurses are doing lol. or your midwife or the hospital cann arrange it for u. the H1N1 is sorer than teh otherbut they will look after you

I don't usually look at the clock I use my nose eyes and tongue.
and annoyed at your doc Gilz. lol

It's the brassicas that I like that we can never make work. I think DH is ok with other things he likes to eat. I had roasted curly kale at a friend's years ago and though he told us how to do it we've never made it right. And broccoli is a nightmare! Always goes rubbery chewy then straight to burnt!

Bah I need to go to sleep. So tired and seem to be getting really cross without knowing why. Only two days of work (finally well enough) then Wed is Byron's two year check and my flu jab. Thu I'm seeing my parents, maybe do lunch while Byron is in nursery, and last food shopping for Christmas. Then only two months or so left of work! Hooray!

Sorry gilz I missed your reply, just found it. I agree with Molly. Everything on the NHS site says it's the same seasonal jab and H1N1 is one of the three strains selected this year. The three strains change every year and selected by the WHO who use their epidemiological studies to predict which strains will be most highly occurring that year. So the process of making it is the same each year but the actual deactivated viral parts that are added vary every year depending on WHO predictions. I've read in numerous places that when there is a pandemic it is usual for that strain to be predominant the following year. It's more important for us as pregnant women because it does contain H1N1 as that is the strain that has so particularly affected us; the reason that the seasonal jab is not normally given to pregnant women but this year we are identified as at risk. But the manufacturing and other ingredients are the same.

I will ask again Molly but it says the same thing in the pregnancy and flu leaflet I've got. It says that the vaccine this year has h1n1 included. I wish they could just put out a consitent message.

Mind you I did just check on the NHS flu website and it does say the same thing that the h1n1 protection this year is included in the flu jab and that there are no longer two separate jabs. Sound like the gp could be right.

By the time I decide at this rate the jellybean will be here.

This link https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Flu-jab/Pages/Introduction.aspx specifically says the safety profile is not altered in any way as a consequence of H1N1 being included.

hmm well my surgery deffinatly had it on its own.

Brasicas as in green leafy stuff i'll have a look matt did say he would eat any veg roasted

not sure how tehy would come out. creamy or cheesy sauces are good with them i know a friend of mine told me how tomake cabbage taste bacony the same would go for sprouts

hey peanut yeah alls well - still feeling incredibly fine so still worrying about that lol so focusing on my scan on 30th

great advice molly couldnt have said the vegs stuff better myself (so glad you did cos i couldnt be arsed to write all that haha) i would have said to put the carrots in first too a they can be undercooked if they go in with everything else - im probably not even making sense now cos im tired lol

as for the jab im just going on my own reasons havent looked into it massively as i'll only confuse myself im going on what i think - which is im healthy, i eat loads of veg etc and have a load of vit c and i dont see the point in injecting myself with a virus as such part from that i have nothing to go on, i prefer to be as natural as possible and not enough is known about swine flu in my eyes, i also think its just flu (hope i dont get it though) but i can understand everyone feeling different and as you say peanut i wouldnt have enough of an opinion to give anyone advice cos i havent got any facts lol so can understand you getting pissed off with people!!! plus im not seeing the MW til 31st jan so i reckon im almost out the main season then and it'll be pointless lol

aarggh i cant wait til next friday 10 WHOLE days off work :D sounds like youve got it sorted this week peanut!!

i can do pigs in blankets to, home made sausage rolls, home made stuffing and bread sauce.

mmmmm sausage rolls - you do know im going to have to go to greggs or something tomorrow now, i dont have cravings i just have ''i want what everyone says'' syndrome its actually REALLY annoying!!!

oh i dod that saw prawn crackers on tv and luckily had some chillie ones in the cupboard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->