Mother of all conception months Graduates

Thanks Ladies :hugs:

I hope am recovered for Christmas its getting a bit annoying now if nowt else :(

Molly hon the baby is only 6 days old :sad1: Its very sad and scary if you ask me :(

We are braving the upermarket at a riddick time tomorrow morning :lol:

yup glad I was covered early now i'm stuck at home grrrr. If I went back to work that would be all I did with my day. I could seriously sleep no the is 2nd tri where is all my energy?

Molly I just want to sleep too. Dunno how much is down to this virus. It seems to have knocked out all my non-pregnant family before I got it. Madly, wonder if it's the same virus? Very persistent. I've yet another bloody migraine tonight. And back to feeling miserable with worry about the future after re-reading an email from the chief exec over the government's plans for regional work in its science in society partners. :(

Stupid stressful life.

I just have slept!, right the way thru a film!, now im going to bed lol!

Aww peanut know what you mean.
Which I wanted food just had to make myself eat an apple.
Just fell asleep on the sofa not sure what happened to the second half of the football? If doctors like putting stuff down to repeat viruses can I out this down to the Glandular feaver bug? lol

just phoned our surgery about the flu jab. it seems i either want it or i dont, because if i do they will have to order it as they dont keep any.

I phoned the MW, she said she would stick a leaflet in the post about it.

and thats about all i was told.

Sorry to hear everyone is sick. Hope you all feel better for Christmas.:hugs:

Hoorah for movements Molly! Mine are still a bit hit and miss. It does seem to get extra active in the bath though.

Happy fringe creating Gilz, sure it will look fab :thumbup: I keep swapping between fringe and no fringe, but I am pretty rubbish at keeping up to them so seems a bit of a waste cos it just grows out anyway.

And exciting about the new car. I have a beetle which is about the most un-family friendly car around, but cant afford to change it - and i love it - so OH is going to drive it and I will drive the Vauxhall estate.

Am very excited about the 23rd - two scans yay:happydance::happydance:

Hope everyone is a little better today :kiss:

Morning girls :flower:

Feeling super nervous about the hairdresser I really hate getting my hair cut, stems back to a really bad haircut at 13-14 years old.

We had no plans to change my car prior to all the snow Loopy, although my OH was convinced the whole three door set up would make life difficult for me. After the snow and me getting stuck my OH was determined we had to change. Thankfully my OH's cousin is buying my car as the dealer really wasn't interested in taking a rear wheel drive BMW in this weather. The Audi will last us for years now as I'll be doing far less miles a month when the baby arrives and it does tick all of the boxes ie 5 doors, big boot etc.

Might post a picture of my fringe later if I'm feeling brave, although chances are I'll be crying and wishing I hadnt gotten it cut by the time I'm back at the car. I'm just so emotional these days :rofl:

Hope everyone is feeling a bit better today!

I all. I have a migraine. :cry: Had it last night, all through the night and still now. But I HAD to do some work! So i've worked all morning at the laptop and now I have to rest my pounding head. I am sooooo sick of being ill. :cry: I hate that all I do is moan and whinge about it but all I do inside is feel like death so it's difficult not to. Sorry everyone. :( Hoping this is the end of the virus, a final kick when I'm down. Generally the virus is much improved today.

Looking forward to seeing your fringe Gilz.

madcat - that's so crap. Why are so many GP surgeries so crap?

Speaking of GPs, I'm going to tell you a funny story you won't get all of but never mind! When I saw the GP yesterday with Byron, he was printing off a prescription for a cream for a rash Byron has and suddenly blurted out about how there is a train that goes by his window every day and it's huge, full of containers. I said yes, it comes from the big recycling centre and tip down the road. Oh so it might contain paper and bottles he asks. Or rubbish I say, it smells. He then tells me he's been told it goes all the way to Hull (seems unlikely, the train literally travels less than walking pace) where the contents are dumped at sea. He is horrified! No, I say, that can't possibly be the case as it is illegal to dump waste at sea. Is it? He asks, eyes wide. Yes I say, I'm a marine biologist, it really is. Oh yes, you are! He exclaims (most times I talk to him he asks if I'm a nurse as I understand and use technical language!). I suggest it might get shipped abroad for processing. He is agog at the possiblities of waste disposal. :rofl: It was so random!

peanut, LOL!!:haha: that was a random conversation you had there!!!.

god surely you cant continue to feel this crap for much longer?, you gotta have a break from it soon!:hugs:

yes, it was a bit crap of the surgery. i was hoping they would have the vaccine and say come on in and i could chat to the nurse.
aparently the MW said i should have had a leaflet about it, but i havent, so its in the post, but im sure by the time it gets to me with the weather&xmas it will be mid jan by then anyway, so ive left it for now.

Gilz im like you with fringes, ive had a few, grow them out and have another one, buti too are weary about hair cuts after having some truely horrific ones as a kid, and one mad moment 2 years ago when i went for a short one and instantly hated it, its taken ages to grow(all though pregnancy has now helped).

well, i just made it to town for a few things,roads are still pretty bad, i did my "special walk":haha:, my kitties were running out of food, i had to go in the end. its also been trying to snow again!.

Ah the "special" walk I to have fully embraced this :rofl:

I did the same thing hairwise last year Madcat, my hair was knackered after being so ill so I knew I had to really cut it. Ended up with an above shoulder bob it was soooo bad. Never again!!

Peanut hon I really hope you feel better in someday soon :hugs:

Ah the "special" walk I to have fully embraced this :rofl:

I did the same thing hairwise last year Madcat, my hair was knackered after being so ill so I knew I had to really cut it. Ended up with an above shoulder bob it was soooo bad. Never again!!

Peanut hon I really hope you feel better in someday soon :hugs:

Oh yes, i had the same bob, where it was higher at the back too, so when it grew out it was never level, so i had to have a small trim a few months ago to level it, its grown quite well now though. i told DH to NEVER-EVER let me cut my hair short again, i was so unhappy for so long with it!.

as for the "special walk", im past caring what people think now, im not taking any chances at the moment!:winkwink:

No I don't care about people staring during the paschal walk.

That's weird tho my OH is also under strict orders never to let me cut my hair to that length again. Hopefully he'll make me stick to it!

No I don't care about people staring during the paschal walk.

That's weird tho my OH is also under strict orders never to let me cut my hair to that length again. Hopefully he'll make me stick to it!

ive told my OH to bar all windows and doors and never let me step outside if i ever have thoughts about cutting my hair short again!

lol, why would your doc think rubbish was dumped at sea? Sewage maybe eugh.

Matts just made his first ever scrambled eggs he did quite well to.

Ah the walk My walk is deffinatly a special waddle lol. with the pain last night as ig ot out of the car on my left leg I was petrified to put the right one down I was sure it was going to give way. I think If O have to go back to work my crutches are going to. Even my work obsessed fiance said I need a desk job as he could see how pathetic I was lol.

Any one had 2 invites for christmas dinner?

Lol I guess someone told him that. It's illegal to dump sewage in UK waters too, has been for, I reckon about 10 years now. There is a loophole as the sewage system overflow pipes are allowed to discharge (on to the beaches!) so in times of flooding there can be discharge. He's a great GP but that was possibly one of the most bizarre conversations I've had in a long time! It wasn't even as if the train was going past at the time. He must've glanced out the window as been momentarily inspired! :rofl:

Hooray for scrambled eggs! I'm having a boiled egg butty but we've no smoked cheese. :growlmad: Head is still a mess but I HAVE to eat.

Oh some of you ladies are so ill,hope you're all feeling a bit better by xmas.x

Well I am really feeling sorry for myself today:cry:
Firstly,my scan on thurs is down in dublin,so about an hr and a half away when the roads are good.The whole of dublin has been blizzards since yesterday,the motorway we would be taking has all lorries jackknifing on it,never mind the secondary rds that are just threacherous.My mam lives down there,and they've 2 ft of snow in their garden.
I think I might have to cancel my scan:cry:
Waiting til tomorrow in case there's a improvement,but not looking likely:cry:
I am gutted.

Then to top it all off,got up this morning and our pipes have frozen,we have no water:cry::cry:
No showers,no dishwasher,no washing machine:cry::cry:no anything:cry:
Waiting on my neighbour getting in from work so I can fill some drums in her house.Last yr we were without water for 8 days.It didn't come back until about 2 days after the thaw started,so we're probably looking at a few days after xmas before it back:cry:

Just hoping weather improves before xmas,as we're spending it in dublin with my family,if its still like this we might not be able to travel down:cry:
Got out for some shopping today and bough some beef and vegies in case we end up stuck here:cry:

SHIT DAY!!!!:cry:

But I am still excited for xmas!!!:happydance:

Oh vbaby that's all awful! But there's every chance that the roads will be cleared by thursday. Do you have any more snow predicted? And how come your pipes have frozen? Is it outdoor ones? It won't help you now but I wonder if there's a way to insulate for next time. I hope they aren't burst when they thaw. Is it covered on your house insurance? Poor you. :hugs: I hope things look up

OH no Vbaby??, are the roads that bad? sure about canceling the scan??, our b roads are bad, but the main duel carriage ways etc are ok here. i'll feel gutted for you to if you do have to cancel:cry:

as for your water,what a totally shit time for this to happen, and the problem is all plumbers are going to be overloaded with the same sort of work, i dont know what to say, or suggest.

DH has decided to put our heating and water on 24 hours a day, hes worried about our pipes, but also feels heating morning and evening just isnt cutting it and for the 1st time ever admitted the house still feels cold, which it does (when you move to a bigger house the space is wonderful but the reality hits in the winter time!). House does feel better today though, plus ive just loaded the woodburner.

Yes keeping it on low overnight can help the internal pipes. Our utility isn't insulated or heated and is very designer (our fault for not sorting the door yet) so gets incredibly cold. Before we got double glazing in there in the summer we had amazing ice on the single glazing. We have an outdoor tap there and *touch wood* have never had frozen pipes even when it went down to -18 last winter. I'm not sure why, we were warned about turning off the outdoor tap inside because it is vulnerable to freezing but DH forgot how we do it! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->