Mother of all conception months Graduates

It's ok Vbaby we have a very balanced household over here I support the good team and my OH supports the darkside :rofl:

The jellybean will probably end up supporting the local juniors team so he/she doesn't have to pick sides :haha:

oh very good gilz!!!!must be fun in your house during old firm games!!

It's not to bad we tend to go to the pub to watch as there is a reasonable mix of rangers and Celtic fans locally. I'm worse than my OH though I had a season ticket for Ibrox for 5 years so I don't take losses very well :blush:

I'm alive and all that jazz :D MS has hit the road! I love my family so so so much. OH and I are talking about moving back in 2 or 3 years. We made the decision no more babies until then. :happydance: I'm excited about the idea of coming back here!

:wave: Ozzie! Glad you're having a good time and managed to get there! You're missing chaos here. :haha:

Thanks for the help on the jewellery stuff. I'm going to get the cuff too, sod it. DH deserves some nice stuff and so far he's bought all his own prezzies! My parents don't know what to get so I'll ask them to contribute to his wrist things. Going for the 16" chain. Hooray for good shopping!

wow you all appeared.
Christmas fridge has been installed and we have chucked half the clutter out of our minute kitchen.
Vbaby get onto the insurance ASAP they may be able to help you out with a water supply quicker, Grrrrr for snow trying to ruin your scan day
Peanut so sweet your treating your friend.

Evening Ladies :wave:

vbaby what a crap situation :( I hope you guys can still go for your scan :hugs:

Great to hear your well and having a nice time ozziehunni :)

Peanut we truly are bump buddies :wacko: I now have ANOTHER chest infection and more antibiotics BUT on a plus note I have a flu jab booked for Thursday AM :thumbup:

Had a lovely family day....shopping and doing Chrsitmas errands :wohoo: Also bought a few bits for Charlie and test drove the Britax B Smart 3 at Mothercare found the buggy and car seat on a online deal for 235.00 so DH is going to speak with MIL tomorrow and get her ok before we order :wohoo: So exciting :)

your shopping day sounds nice madly!, your germs dont though however:hugs:

we're looking at the britax 3 too and are thinking of ordering it this week, its only the pushchair part that we have found cheap so we're thinking of getting that and then the car/carry seat later and a few other bits.

our surgery doesnt even have the flu jab, and no nurse or MW is willing to speak to me about it either, just covering themselves really!, DH&I spoke about the reaction i had after contacting the surgery&MW and have decided not to.

Ive just had 7bells kicked out of me in the bath, :baby:more than ive ever experienced so far!. baby does have one or two quiet days, but on the whole im pretty much aware of him fidgeting down low thru out the day, anyone elses like this??, the real hard tummy blows seem to be in the bath tub.

Getting there madcat I think this is an evening fidget bumb.
Some pharmacies were also d ing the jab not sure how etc.
I must have a look at this pram you girls are ravfing about, mummas and papas also have a sale on. Matt reckoned he saw one for £99 think he was nuts or seeing the price of the car seat or what they had taken off lol.

Ozzie yay your alive.

No one give me germs the doctor spluttered at me I nearly shot across the room. I dnt think matt could cope if I got a cold or flu

The car seats are about £60. I was almost tempted to get one to match! :dohh: But I rarely used our other pram with the car seat attached and don't mind using the same seat as Byron had.

I've just found out that the government funding for Bookstart has been scrapped. I'm just so furious :growlmad: and sad :cry:

lol Madly, I just posted on your journal how we are truly matched a bump buddies and here you are saying the same!

Oh and we've just found out we can get the sure start maternity grant! :shock: Ladies alreayd with child tax credits have a check, if you get more than the family element you qualify. I thought all our extra was childcare element which is working tax credit which I'm not sure qualifies but it turns out it's mostly child tax credit. More miscellaneous money! That's our interest rates rising mortgage covered during my mat leave. Ladies without babies check you tax credits after the baby is born. You can apply from 11 weeks before EDD to 3 months after baby is born.

Peanut hon tell me more about the sure start mat grant :) how do I find out if we qualify...how did you find out?

Ladies I just won more baby stuff on ebay :wohoo: I just love a bargain :lol:

Here's the claim form with details about qualifying:
https://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/sf100_print.pdf

Peanut where do I find out if our family element is more or less than our child tax credit element? and where the heck do I get a britax compatabile car seat for 60.00 :) the cheapest I found was I think 88.00?

ohohoh that would be so cool. Sorry to be nosy what your house hold income? We get a pyment from our health cover to but with being off sick for so long the extra money would be very useful for bills. like teh bleeding council tax lol

Evening :flower:

We're going to look round the nursery on Thursday before the scan. What sort of questions do I need to be asking them while I'm there Madly and Peanut??

awww gilz you lucky bug. Matt doesn't think he needs to look round. he has nosence of direction and thinks I can point him on the day, yes darling my insides are literally coming out and i can tell you where the loo is

Oh do you mean the maternity bit Molly? We aren't going for a tour of that. My OH will be lucky if he see the inside of that place when the jellybean actually makes an appearance.

We're going to see the nursery next to my work on Thursday where we'll take the baby once I go back to work.

oh lol, strangly that is a visit matt will do.
After my last crying fit the other day and getting movement I really want to see bubs again. Only a week and a bit but not soon enough

Ah too many questions all at once!

Madly - you need to look at your tax credit statement. It breaks down your award in childcare element (part of working tax credit); working tax credit; and child tax credit. It lists the family element individually too, it's like £548 or something like that.

Madly - Sorry it was £70 from here: https://www.babys-mart.co.uk/itemdetl.php/itemprcd/Britax_Baby-Safe_SHR-SO This one's pink. I see no reason why it shouldn't be available in other colours elsewhere for a similar price.

Molly - it's not really just about household income, it's a balance of income and childcare and whatnot. Our current tax credits are based on last year's income which was half mat leave and about £28k plus the £6k we are paying in childcare. We get about £4k CTC which is a mix of normal CTC, family element that everyone gets and childcare element. This current year due to bonuses and pay rises and having a full year both working full time we'll be getting an astonishing £40k or thereabouts so possibly will go over the boundary and not get anything next year or might be just under it, not sure til I sit down and do some sums. Next year we'll be getting more like £26k because of my mat leave but will be paying about £2k childcare. I have NO idea what our tax credit situation will be like!

All this said someone in another thread has said the sure start grant is going so need to look into whether or not that's the case and if so when. Bloody typical! This government is full of b******s.

Gilz - nursery Qs...hmm... We really had no idea when we looked at ours. It was just opening, still unopened when we visited, and the only one in the area so we didn't really have much choice anyway, but it is excellent. We asked things like how to they maintain continuity with our choice of parenting so things like dummies/bottles/nappies/potty training etc. Byron's veggie and has real nappies so we wanted to make sure both those things would be supported. I asked about the activities they do, making sure there is appropriate sciencey stuff as well as other toys. You can ask about trips or walks they do - Byron used to go to the park a lot even in baby room. You'll want to see all the facilities, what's available outdoors and indoors; see all the rooms not just the baby ones. Make sure they are Ofsted registered (required to qualify for all government childcare things and much better for peace of mind!) - you can check their Ofsted report online, just google it. I am a nuts lefty so I asked about gender stereotyping. They're not great but as good as any I think. Meet some of the staff if you can; see the babies in there if you can. Erm...you'll probably find things pop into your head. It's hard going before you've had the baby though as you don't yet know how you will be parenting.

Ok looked up and from April it'll only be for the first child so those of us with sprogs need to apply as soon as we reach 29 weeks. What a rip though. Most people don't get tax credits before having a child to won't be eligible anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->