Mother of all conception months Graduates

Thanks ladies:cry:
Not gonna cancel til tom,hoping there'll be a change tonite.My mam lives up there so i've been getting updates and its forecast right up til xmas.
Even my dad whos a taxi driver and would drive through anything is not out in it!
If its not too bad tomorrow we might travel to my mams tomorrow afternoon and stay the night,then we won't have far to go thurs morning,but would be even worse if we got stuck down there,coz santy is coming to our house up here 2 days later.
I dunno,dh reckons we should just cancel it,and not chance a long journey.I'm the same,especially hate taking the boys out unnecessarily when the conditions are dangerous:cry:
Will wait and see tomorrow:cry:

The frozen water pipes are up the side of our house,and it seems to be only us its affecting.Last yr was the 1st yr they froze,and there's nothing anyone can do to help,we just have to wait for the thaw.After last yr dh had said he would take the concrete up and do something with the pipes,but of course never got around to it!!!
It has to be really cold to freeze them,but it was -12 last night so that did it:cry:
Just hoping it doesn't keep happening all winter,can't flush toilets or anything,you don't realize how much you depend on it til its gone!
But dh will have to pull the finger out nxt summer and sort them out.

Thats partly why I wouldn't mind going to my mams tom and staying over,we could all have showers and baths,and I could bring down the laundry and get it done while we're there:thumbup:
But at the same time I don't wanna go down,coz you know when you're preg you just love your own bed and home comforts!
We'll just see what tomorrow brings,and i'll let dh decide what to do,he's more used to driving during all sorts of conditions,so if he reckons we shouldn't then we won't:cry:

Well good luck for however things go tomorrow. I reckon you could just insulate them which wouldn't be too complicated or expensive. You could just use foam pipe insulation and fasten round with cable tied or maybe get some thicker reflective stuff. I bet it's an easier fix than concrete. Easier maintenance too. I thought they must be outside pipes.

No he'll have to kango up the concrete to get to the pipes,they're under it!!
They were dug up 2 yrs ago coz we had an oil leek,and thats when our problems with frozen pipes began,coincidence or what!
The company who took care of the oil leak said the pipes are correctly insulated and put back at the right depth,funny though how we're the only house on the whole street thats affected!

Oh! The plot thickens! I wonder if you can sue? Have you had any other companies look at it? If you have legal cover on your home insurance you can press charges through them. Maybe chat to them.

Aw Vbaby you really are having a crap day :hugs: Hopefully your water won't be off long term and the snow gets cleared so you can go for your scan on thursday.

I know peanut,its all very suss,They reckon they're not to blame,but there's 30houses in our wee estate and we're the only 1 who has no water.
Don't know about going thru the insurance,the oil leak had to go thru the insurance and it cost over 20grand to sort,we were very lucky the oil hadn't started to effect the house foundations.Since them our house insurance premium went thru the roof and we can't even change companys,nobody would even quote me last time coz we'd made a claim.Might ring them since its happened again,its kinda catch 22 though,
might be easier and cheaper all round if dh can sort it himself.

Hows the new haircut gilz?did you get the fringe?

If you have legal it works differently as it's not really a claim. We had a neighbour dispute when we moved in and they were just amazing. £25 a year and we saved thousands by not needing to go to a solicitor, they gave brilliant advice as of course they don't want to go to court as that would be expensive, but it's part of the legal cover to support a case when you are the prosecutor. Our neighbour spent a bundle on solicitor's letters and some of the claims he made were so far off legal I wanted to take HIM to court but it would've had to come from her. He was clearly milking my neighbour for everything he could, prolonging the dispute and making false claims having evidently not looked over any of the paperwork. It was a disgrace. He gave her so much false information and was hugely aggressive.

Yup I got a fringe I tried to take a picture but I look silly, think it's hard to take a proper picture of yourself on your phone.

I quite like it but I bet it doesn't look pretty in the morning :rofl:

Ah right peanut,I don't think we have legal,think its just building and contents.Will talk to dh about ringing them later,I get a bit hot headed on the phone when I'm giving out about something:blush:Maybe there's something can be done.

Gilz,yes I have to admit,fringes are a pain in the ass in the mornings,but ok once you get used to it!I usually wet mine and then give it a quick blowdry and i'm good to go!!only takes a few mins,or if i'm feeling lazy it gets scraped back in a hairband!

I'll get my OH to take a picture when he comes back in :thumbup:

If they covered the work before and you've been experiencing problems that might cost in another claim then it might be they will want to follow it up themselves anyway. Definitely worth discussing with them. Make sure they know it relates to a previous claim.

What do you think of this? I'm thinking of it for a Christmas present for my good friend who does loads for us and Byron and has just split with her boyfriend. https://www.suaydesign.com/jewellery-shop/California-Mini-Necklace-31.cfm?iCat=69

Do you really think? I don't really know her taste as she doesn't wear much jewellery but I want her to have something to feel a bit special in iykwim. Also want to order this for DH: https://www.suaydesign.com/jewellery-shop/Minnesota-Red-Leather-Bracelet-1670.cfm?iCat=49 I know he'll like it and I like it more than the big cuffs he tends to wear. We are much more rock and chunky in our accessories so it's hard to know what 'normal' people like!

I love this shop so much. I have got this for Christmas which looks rubbish online but is gorgeous in person, catches the light https://www.suaydesign.com/jewellery-shop/Crescent-Electric-Blue-Ring-1122.cfm?iCat=53. And last Christmas I bought the necklace and earrings that match this ring: https://www.suaydesign.com/jewellery-shop/Siena-Nero-Ring-430.cfm?iCat=25 The earrings are like this but with the stars: https://www.suaydesign.com/jewellery-shop/Sassari-Nero-Earrings-257.cfm?iCat=25 and the necklace has a big steel swirl round the star. Love them the most!

Yeh peanut,I'll definately get back onto insurance company,thanks.x
And gorgeous necklace,wouldn't mind 1 myself lol!!
Dh is getting me a silver charm bracelet for xmas,I told him he had to pick out all the charms individually that meant something relating to me and our life together!!!
Can't wait to see what he's come up with,he's not the most romantic at the best of times bless him,!

Hows byron today?is his eye any better?
Forgot to add a sick oran to my list of woes earlier!He's all snotty and bunged up,and is lying on the couch now watching tv!He never sits still,so must be feeling off.

Gilz only 2 more days,you getting excited?
I'm obviously gutted that I might not make mine,but thank god its xmas too,so I'm still excited for that,takes the edge off the disappointment!
Dh felt so sorry for me he said I could reschedule it for 2nd jan,when the celtic rangers game is,If I couldn't get another date,I suppose thats him being romantic in his own little way!

Oh poor Oran. Hope he is better soon. This seems to be a very ill December all round. Everyone I know is or has been really poorly recently. Byron is ok I think. His eye wasn't stuck shut this morning so that's saying something and he was full of beans after a lovely night's sleep in with us! He's been at nursery all day though so will see how he is when he's back. He's home with me tomorrow. And I finish work in 15 minutes! As if I've been doing much...guilty conscience...

Your charm bracelet idea sounds lovely! It'll be such fun to talk about and see for the first time. :D Do you think I should order a 16" or 18" chain? I'm erring on 16" as she is pretty petite and not very cleavagey so wouldn't want a very long chain, but is 16" a bit short? I forget, it's been yonks since I've ordered a chain. DH reckons she'll like it and it's a nice idea so I guess I'll order it.

That bracelet/cuff thing for your DH is lovely Peanut, my OH would really like the brown one but I've already bought him his Christmas present.

Vbaby I am excited it'll just be lovely to see the jellybean again. I really hope that the snow clears enough that you can get for your scan. I'm football nuts, probably the opposite side from your DH :haha:, so the going for the scan on the 2nd if needed must be a big deal for him.

Ha ha gilz,was wondering which side you were on lol!!!!
I won't hold it against you!!:haha::haha:

That jewellry website is gorgeous peanut,and that gift for your friend is perfect,I think anyone would like it.If she's petite i'd say 16would do,long time since I've bought a chain though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->