Mother of all conception months Graduates

Sumit you may not know about nurserys and play schools not everyone has a CRB oris trained.
My mum has volunteered ather local nursery for years she has disabilities and brain damage so is more like a kid but they rely on her to do 1:1 time but have never CRB'd her. I have worked as part of an agency in a nursery I had a CRB of my own but it was not a requirement. I know dangerous people are everywhere but I would ask about how the check staff/volunteers for peace of mind. Thesepeopel are never left alonewith the kids but it doesn't take alot and they are often untrained to handle babies or young children I know I was but took to it easily.

Watching the bodyguard ladies Matt was called into work he gets a full nights pay for 9 hours so have bribed him with antinmatal classes. just the 3 basic ones but 1 small victory to me lol

So us having our first need to get our paperwork done and off asap and maybe nip into the surestart centre. I know they do great things liek toy librarys and groups

You're alright if you're having your first. Apply 11 weeks before your EDD if you think you fit the criteria. If you don't you can apply again after the baby is born and your tax credits are in order. It's us second timers that have to get it in before April it would appear.

Surestart centres are fab but their funding has all been cut. Our totally amazing baby group that started when Byron was 3 months closed a couple of months ago as the HVs were being pulled from the service. It was devastating to all concerned. I'm going to ask tomorrow what provision there is for when I have this one.

i seem to live in a very well covered area forsuch things just the right side of a nasty council estatelots of young mums etc so am sure the one at the school 5 mins away is still running ok. what was the reading/book scheme you mentioned? I now my cousin got a lap top for her son through some special scheme

the young mums aren't the reason it's a hole, it's the kids loituring outside teh takeaways that are the prob

Good morning all.

7am start for me. i have to wait in for my MILs washing machine this morning selfish woman:growlmad:. between7-10am,

we had a huge dumping of snow last night, about another 3-4 inch out there, people struggled to get to our area before let alone now, so i doubt the delivery people will be coming today, serves her right (maybe there is such a thing as kama???)

freezing here, going to pimp up the woodburner and get some breakfast.:coffee:

Pimp it up? :rofl:

Molly where I love is similar though our 'youths' gather outside the local dive of a pool hall. The surestart centre is about a 5 min walk away. I'm next to a fairly grotty council estate. The scheme is bookstart. Google it. They give book packs to all kids at 1,3 and I think 5. They're gorgeous and the scheme is administered by a big charity but entirely funded by the government and they've 100% cut the grant. The aim was to improve literacy and encourage all children and parents to read more. Shows where the government's priorities lie in case we weren't quite sure.

:haha: ha yeh
thats what wee say, "Pimp up the woodburner!"

DH has just come home too, he only made it 10 mins down the road, so im quite pleased, hes froze working out side recently.

DH's "snow day" - when he realised he threw out the snow shovel last year https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6281199&l=d4a664ce1a&id=637601808

Thanks for the nursery advice Peanut.

:rofl: Madcat i've got visions of your fireplace all blinged out chrome and shiny with multiple exhausts.

:haha:
you would be really dissapointed to see our fire then!!.

its choca full of newspaper, kindling,wood and coal, thats all. ive got DH to bring in stores and stores of wood into the living room while hes home so i dont have to struggle with it on my own.

Has anyone else had a "white out" last night?, it does look so beautiful, although i m glad i got to town yesterday!, it is fluffy snow again so not bad for walking while it stays like that.

Gilz, its tomorrow your scan isnt it??:shrug:, im so excited for you!!.
(hope Vbaby can still make hers)

I'm sure your fire is very pretty the way it is Madcat :thumbup:

We've not had anymore snow thankfully but it's sooo cold here it's horrible. We've not had proper post since a week past on monday it's getting to be a joke now.

Scan tomorrow so excited, still getting boy vibes from the jellybean but we'll just have to wait and see! I really hope Vbaby hasn't had anymore snow so she can get to her scan tomorrow.

i really dont know about you gilz, i cant decide boy or girl!!, cant wait to find out, remember to have a something sugary before so that baby isnt too sleepy and hiding its bits!. what time is it??

Ah no, well we havent had any post for about a week, i recieved DHs amazon christmas pres the last day before the 1st snow thankfully and we havent had post since!.

Our scan is at half 12 and I'll definitely make sure to have some cola or something before we go in :thumbup:

I ordered a book from amazon for the secret Santa at work and it was despatched on the 7th I was hoping it would have arrived by now so I could drop it in at work tomorrow but no joy.

Hi ladies!!
No more snow here,but more in dublin,where we'll be headed:cry:
Last night we had decided if possible to head down to my mams in dublin this afternoon,and once we got that far should be ok getting to scan in morning.
But then last night oran had a really shit night,his back teeth are coming thru,he was crying and whining all night,his nose is streaming and his wee voice is all haorse!So this morning I said i'm not taking him down to sleepover in my mams when he's already feeling crap,wouldn't be fair.
So our new plan of attack.......
I phoned the scan place to see if they could give us a later appointment,my appointment was for 10am,so we would've had to leave her before 7 to make sure we got there and the rds here are pretty threacherous that early in the morning,I live in the arsehole of nowhere!!
Anyhow they've given me an appointment for 12.30:happydance:
We can leave here at about 9am and hope for the best!I can also ring my mam for a weather update in their area before we leave.So unless it starts blizzarding here,or in dublin again hopefully we'll get there:happydance:I'm even gonna take a shovel just in case!!I'm determined to get there!
FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

Pipes still frozen,so really annoying,only able to wash my bits,really hate not showering:cry:!!!!
But will be able to get a shower in mams tom and wash my hair and throw in a few loads of laundry before we head home!

Oh gilz,you getting soooo excited?
Both our appointments are at 12.30,we'll both be lying there lookin at our lil beans at the same time!

Oh Vbaby that's fab you've managed to move your scan back so you can still go. So exciting we'll be there at the same time. Not good Oran isn't feeling well :hugs: I hope he has a better night tonight.

We spent about 3 hours last night trying to work out where my OH's cousins pipes are frozen. They stay in a private rented house and the landlord told them yesterday "oh I doubt i can get you a plumber before Christmas now" They are about as happy as you Vbaby about the no water situation.

Aww both of you have the same time scans, i'll be looking at the clock and thinking of you both!:hugs:

thats the trouble with frozen pipes, its quite true, i bet you cant get a plumber for the love of money right now!:shrug:

At this time of year I think Santa would struggle to get them a plumber. Think we'll end up back over there tonight trying to find the frozen bit again. We don't have room for them here with all the crap in the nursery waiting to get thrown out :blush: and they don't have much family locally. Such a wee shame their son who's 18 months was upset last night cos he could have a bath and he hates showers, that was the only bit bothering him.

We actually have a plumber friend who came out last yr and there was nothing he could do,so doubt there'll be anything he can do this yr either.I think the whole water pipes up the side of the house under the concrete are just frozen solid,we just have to wait for the thaw.
Worked out well though that we won't be here xmas or boxing day.Thank god we're not entertaining,could you imagine havin to tell people not to flush the toilet or they had to wash their hands out of a drum of water and not the tap!

its truely miserable when youre without hot water isnt it, and take it for granted on a day to day basis.

im a bath girl, i always feel the need for a soak in the bath before getting in my PJs for the evening. i know people say showers are cleaner, but for some reason i feel cleaner after a bath and more relaxed, plus showers make me feel cold!:growlmad:

whats the plan for tomorrow gilz?, will you be here to report to us afterwards or are you going somewhere afterwards?.

Yeah that would be pretty crap Vbaby. The forecasters are talking about it getting slightly warmer here from boxing day onwards so hopefully your and their pipes with get thawed by then at the latest.

No plans for after the scan Madcat so I should be on to update pretty soon after :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->