Mother of all conception months Graduates

Oh Madcat we really wanted to go to the Maldives :) it was between there and Mexico this year but we chose Mexico as my OH though the flight there at 10 hours is bad enough. He doesn't particularly like flying.

We'd definitely like to go someday but not for a while now probably.

Oh its paradise there, you imagine the most perfect paradise island in your head and thats what the maldives are!.

Morning all, im back in my joggers!:happydance:

Oh I'm also in my joggers again today. Will need to stick jeans on at some point to go out and walk the dog.

Just trying to work up the enthusiasm to clean the bathroom. I thoroughly can't be bothered!

Oh I'm also in my joggers again today. Will need to stick jeans on at some point to go out and walk the dog.

Just trying to work up the enthusiasm to clean the bathroom. I thoroughly can't be bothered!

you sound very much like me most days!

Well that's the bathroom done for another week. I'm now snuggled up on the couch again.

House is full of food and there's not a thing in it a want to eat!! I'm pretty sure I can't live on ginger nuts for the rest of the day.

Maldives is a 10 hour flight or did you mean mexico is less??

Maldives is the most fantastic place on earth i'd do almost anything to be able to go back there but its sooo expensive it'll probably be for a 25th wedding anniversary or something lol we're hopefully going to mexico next november for a joint wedding - never been but always wanted to, will be fun taking a baby, shame it wont bloody remember it!!!

i feel sick at the thought of anything but managed to force a bacon sarnie down but now everytime i think about it i feel sick :(

a pic from maldives - i think about it all the time :flower: what did you think to mexico gilz???

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 5
Hi all. We've had a friend and her toddler round today, byron's friend Charlie. They had a nice play, I had a nice chat and DH had some Byron free time to clean the loft. It's all so slow going with me incapacitated.

Jealous hearing our the cinema and holidays. DH and have been once to the cinema since Byron was born. And we've only been once abroad in all the 9 years we've been together. We went to Japan for our honeymoon. I don't know how you afford holidays abroad! But everyone except us seems to go abroad all the time. We hoped to go to Canada last or this summer but the loft work consumed all our money. Gutted. One day we'll get there.

I woke at 6 needing a pee and couldn't get back to sleep again so I've been a wreck all day. Tiredness makes me feel so much more sick and my eyes are stinging too. And I'm spotty. Beginning to wonder if the no-grease will actually happen this time.

Gilz are you on ginger nuts for nausea or just because it's what you fancy? How are your symptoms coming along?

Sorry you feel so sick Bids, it's a rubbish club to be in.

Maldives is a 10 hour flight or did you mean mexico is less??

Maldives is the most fantastic place on earth i'd do almost anything to be able to go back there but its sooo expensive it'll probably be for a 25th wedding anniversary or something lol we're hopefully going to mexico next november for a joint wedding - never been but always wanted to, will be fun taking a baby, shame it wont bloody remember it!!!

i feel sick at the thought of anything but managed to force a bacon sarnie down but now everytime i think about it i feel sick :(

a pic from maldives - i think about it all the time :flower: what did you think to mexico gilz???

Oh the travel agent in thomsons told us the flight to the Maldives was over 12 hours!! The flight to Mexico was 10 and OH barely coped, he gets so restless it's like travelling with a 3 year old!!

I thought Mexico was totally fab. We stayed in Playacar which is less touristy than cancun and absolutely loved it. I'd recommend it to anyone young, old, couples the lot. I was really suprised at how many families with younger kids we saw there because of the heat but they were all having a ball.

Peanut - the ginger nuts serve 2 purposes. They help the nausea and I really like them anyway. Symptom wise I'm getting waves of sickness, my skin has now decided to be super greasy and spotty and my boobs and nips are super sore now.

Peanut maldives was our honeymoon and something i doubt we'll ever be able to afford again (well im still paying for it now lol) my mum's bf has a place in spain so we can go there for flights only which is good but we always have a holiday abroad once a year - dunno how we'll afford it now but i really really want to go to mexico for our friends joint wedding so am starting saving now lol!!!

i had not much sleep either think thats why i feel worse - i dont do well without sleep god knows how i'll be when we have a baby, i'll be like a walking zombie i would have thought!! my sil hasnt slept properly for 6 years now between my 2 nieces and she doesnt cope well!!!

i never get spots not even as a teenager and i have at least 4 :( not impressed!! but i wouldnt swop it for the world as long as my beans healthy i'll cope lol....

it was 10 on the way there and just over 11 on the way back but that was from manchester so could be further for you i dunno?!! i usually am i nightmare with flying and DH too but longhaul was 10x better i thought!!!

glad you liked mexico :D the wedding is in cancun so thats where we'll be going, probably only be able to afford a week though (same as the maldives) but not sure id want to go for 2 weeks with a 6 month old anyway?!! least we'll have family there to help...

the boob pain has to be the worst of my symptoms - there keeping me awake :(

Yeah boobs are disturbing my sleep pattern too. I keep rolling over and squishing them which is sore. Also the past few nights I've not been able to sleep on my right hand side. If I try to lie that way I feel really sick which is quite weird :blush:

As for holidays Mexico was the first holiday we've had in 4 years so that's how we afforded it. Don't see any others happening in the near future.

yeah if i need to turn over i have to wake up - strange i cant sleep on my left side but it cos my left boob is sorer than the right :wacko:...

i just go into debt to go on holiday :blush: well have done in the past but no more of that now - after my dad died my mottos changed and i'm all for you only live once and its only money :dohh: but now i'll need to be more careful and manage money better....

Aw Bids you're getting all motherly and responsible.

I've been saving for years for when we got pregnant so we'll be ok for the big things but it's maternity pay that's going to kill me. That's what will limit how much time I actually take off.

haha i know i cant believe how much this will change me lol

i dont do saving unfortunately :( but im going to try and put some a side cos like you maternity pay will defo kill us off - i'd love to be a housewife but no chance of that but i would like to have a year off probably only be able to afford 9 months at the most!!! hoping my lovely boss will let me work from home at least 2 days a week though??

I'm probably only going to be able to take 6 months maternity maybe stretching it out so I go back in January at the very latest :-(

Would love to go back part time if I could especially as we don't have any family that can help us with childcare. My dad works full time and my MIL has severe osteo-arthritis so she can't have the baby.

Ah peanutbean im with you on the spots issue, more on my face but quite a few on my neck!, never used to get them on my neck!, and my hair is so greasy, i wash it every day but half way thought the day i have to dry shampoo it!.

Well today, DH was cutting a headge down, and i was dragging the lighter branches away, then he mowed the lawn and pulled out some weeds, then we went to B&Q for some plants, i was SOOO tired i could barely put one foot infront of the other, i fell asleep when i got back, DH made tea, a roast, as lovely as it was im just struggling with roast dinners and the likes at the moment.

on the upside, he did buy me a pack of icelollies, so lovely and refreshing!:winkwink:

Aw madcat too much hard work! I've really done nothing today and still feel awful. Watched the last three of my anime series while DH walked the dog with Byron when I should've been going to sleep :blush:

We've never been able to afford to save. When I bought my first house I was a student on a bursary, then had a year working on a crap salary. Interest rates were higher then too so we were always skint. In order to move here, when house prices were at their peak and more expensive than the NE, the cheapest house meant we bad to get a 100% mortgage so the capital could be used to pay off my loan in order to be able to afford repayments. Then DH could only get a part time job for months so the rest of our savings went on living and doing up the house. Then it was only 6 months til I was pg and we had little spare cash which still went on the house and buying baby stuff. We actually saved a little while I was on hol and 90% pay when Byron was born but I only get stat pay and am the main earner so we still built up some credit card debt. Sadly that's still with us. My parents downsized and gave us all £10k. Wanted to spend it wisely so planned half on legalising our loft conversion to give us the equity of a 3 bed house. The catch being it's now costing us £2-3k more, courtesy if a particularly snide building control where I live, and the house price has dropped so far that the 3rd bedroom will only be enough to get us out of negative equity. The remainder of the money went on a car after a pickup truck reversed into me and mine was written off. What we got wasn't enough for anything half decent. So now we are desperately saving our tax credits while we still get them because this year we are actually earning our theoretical full income for the first time. Nearly twice the previous years but all lost on the childcare, house and maternity leave debt. I have NO idea how we'll managed next year. My leave will be a full tax year so an income drop of over £20k including tax credits. We won't actually be earning enough to keep up basic payments plus want to keep Byron in nursery a day a week which is over £2k a year. The maths just doesn't add up!

Then it gets worse as when I go back to work our childcare will be about £14k or more which is more than DH's net salary. It's just insane. Because I'm unfortunately the main earner I'll never be able to be part time or sahm whilst in all probability DH will have to give up work. That will be a real burden on our relationship because I will be seriously jealous.

In many ways I just hate being a grownup. It's just do hard.

Hmm... Financial rant over!

Evening ladies...

well speaking of holidays our first and probably last one together was skiing last Feb to Austria. OH never been, but thankfully will try anything once. I am a terrible skier, could never afford lessons. Used to go as a student but seriously roughed it just to go. We had a fab time, although I was even more rubbish as was still recovering from my back surgery and still had a floppy left foot which made my left turns very difficult but hell it was fun. And snow is nice and soft to fall on so didnt do anymore damage :thumbup:

planning on going again this winter but need to seriously save so can have decent mat leave. Going to be difficult, just getting back on track after having ten months off on sick, some of which was on no pay. Lived off employment support allowance which wasnt great, but better than nothing. Still paying off thousands of debt from putting myself through med school as a single mother for 6 years, then hocking myself up to eyeballs with a 100% mortgage to get my own little house. Will all be worth it in the end, and things now looking up. Also paying full CSA for my son :growlmad: and the other kids also! So although got good income, it all goes straight out!! Going to have to do my GP exams before go off too, will be too difficult to study with a baby.

Thats my financial rant!! However, am lucky that my wage is good enough to not struggle to much when I go part time. Also wont have to pay ex as much as income will be substantially lower :thumbup:

This being a grown up carry on really has it's downsides some days doesn't it. Have to admit when I bought my first house at 19 I was just so happy to have a home and then the bills start landing it takes a little of the shine off.

Suppose lack of money is just something we'll all need to cope with til we win the lottery!!

How's everyone this morning anyway? I'm currently stuck outside my work. I've been here since 6:50am and all of the shutters are down so I can't get in. Can see me being here a while waiting on someone with keys :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->