Mother of all conception months Graduates

Question

Do you all (if not already) intend to carry on having :sex: from now on wards?.

Not doing myself any favours i know, but ive read a couple of occassions where it has resulted in bleeding for some girls, alot for some, spotting for others. I think my DH would like some soon, but im not sure, i know they say it doesnt harm the baby, but i dont like the idea of blood either!

Mmmm?

Currently I'm too sick and tired to contemplate any such thing, maybe if things improve. But then DH is currently sleeping most of the night on Byron's bedroom floor trying to train him out of getting up in the night so I never see him anyway!

I love woodwork painting but not stripping. Actually I do quite enjoy the heat gun but I hate hate hate sanding, especially paintwork. I did 4 of our 6 new doors, undercoated and glossed in a single day a while back and nearly died! lol The thought of trying to do it now! But I've two more doors to do, plus we are now ready to paint our loft room and that includes a full dog leg staircase with spindles and banister all needing painting! I at least have to get the skirting type areas done so we can lay carpet but the spindles are not a job I'm looking forward to.

I hope you're using water based gloss. The fumes from oil based are not good!

Madcat - On the nookie front we were continuing to :sex: and have done a few times since our :bfp: but after my spotting last week the doc advised to wait until the 2nd tri.

I understand that so completely won't risk it, but after then i totally plan to continue with the nookie unless told otherwise. For two reasons mainly, firstly cos i wanna :blush: and secondly i don't want my OH to be left thinking that i was purely having all the :sex: to get pregnant. Obviously it was necessary but it was also desired too. Men are far more complex than we give them credit for sometimes.

On a bad note, i really think i'm getting a kidney infection, my back over my kidney is really sore and i feel pretty chilly today, not a good combination of symptoms for me, just waiting on the docs phoning me back.

So hope it isn't, i've no idea how it'll affect the jellybean and if it is then things surely can't look good going forward if my kidney is already causing problems at 6 weeks :nope:

Ohh, you sound like your blighted with kidney problems gilz, you must be sick of it!!.

Well, no, i am using oil based gloss, but the door is next to a window which i leave wide open when im in there.

Oh dont talk to me about staircase and banisters, i rubbed all ours down, skirtings etc, undercoated them all (took an age), then i started glossing them, got half way though at the time, and though "oh this isnt very shiney" and realised i was using a can of undercoat again!!!!!!. honest to god,.after doing the whole house, and taking so long on the stairs, i sat there and cried!!

Oh hon that's the sort of things i do, when i decorated the flat i used to live in i did the whole place at once. Picked up what i thought was the paint for the bathroom off i went and about quarter of a wall left realised that it looked quite similar to the colour i'd picked for the bedroom.

Looked at the tin, sure enough not bathroom/kitchen paint but normal emulsion, decided sod it and left it as it was :haha:

I've certainly had my fill of kidney problems, although i'm lucky that i still have one "working" kidney. Just want it to behave and continue to work at a sensible level that won't push me towards dialysis or anything scarier.

glitz lmao madcat - that really made me laugh (im so childish sometimes)

hey girls, 1st day back at work and i feel like shit - lightheaded, headache, backs playing up, sick and really tired, dunno if any of it is related to being preggars or what but i cant WAIT to go home!!!

we have just been dtd when we want to and have had no spotting so far (fingers crossed, touches wood)...

hope you feel better soon gilz and that its nothing serious!!!

eurgh glossing i hate it - i bet you did cry madcat thats awful :(

Aw post holiday blues on top of pregnancy symptoms that doesn't sound fun Bids :hugs:

I'm now counting the minutes til i can go home, roughly 74 hehe :haha:

it isnt :( but thanx for the hug gilz :)

74 damn you thats not fair, i have another 129 minutes eurgh that seems worse than 2 hours lol mind you i couldnt get up at the crack of dawn like you do!!

Id just like to announce, "Ive found heaven".:cloud9:

Heaven in the form of a multiflavoured rocket ice lolly!.

i broke open the pack DH bought me from tesco yesterday, honest to god it tastes and feels like the best food in the world at the moment, so refreshing and cool, even better dare i say than chocolate. i nearly broke open another one but decided it would have been really naughty.

Aw Gilz :hugs: poor you! I am sure you can take some mild antibiotics so hopefully that will be able to clear things up for you. Always better to get them in the nick of time. I remember how bad mine was after my doctor told me he didn't think it was an infection so not to bother with the antibiotics, until the kidney pain started, yikes! Weirdly I found paracetomol really helped, odd because it never helps for anything else! I guess it'll all be different for you though. Hope it is easily remedied.

madcat - in our old house there was stupid artex on our bedroom ceiling and so painting it was an absolute nightmare. Had to use a fat brush and stipple into all the nooks. We didn't have enough paint because the coverage was bad so went out and got another to finish off only to find I'd picked up a satin instead of a matt so had the paint the first half of the room yet again with the shiny stuff I don't even like! I cried too!

:hugs: Bids, definitely sounds like pg stuff to me. It'll probably get easier in a few weeks...

Problem with rocket lollies is pineapple! Yuck.

Well I'm back got an emergency appointment at my docs and yeah I do have a chuffing kidney infection :devil:

Gave me antibiotics and told me to take the next few days very easily. Warned me that this could also be the theme of my pregnancy if my kidney is already feeling the strain :cry:

Trying not to feel super sorry for myself but I really do right now. Honestly thought my kidney might have behaved for just a little longer.

Oh Gilz! Did they give you advice (or maybe you already know) about anything you can do to help your symptoms or help protect against the infections?

Oh Gilz, what a bloody pain in the arse, your one good kidney and thats giving you gip when you least need it!.:hugs:

madcat - in our old house there was stupid artex on our bedroom ceiling and so painting it was an absolute nightmare. Had to use a fat brush and stipple into all the nooks. We didn't have enough paint because the coverage was bad so went out and got another to finish off only to find I'd picked up a satin instead of a matt so had the paint the first half of the room yet again with the shiny stuff I don't even like! I cried too!

Problem with rocket lollies is pineapple! Yuck.

Yes,just the thing i would do, i tell you what i say and do some really stupid things, some of the things are award winning!!

My rocket ice lolly didnt have pineapple, well i didnt detect it, it was delish!!.

MY DH now has his guide to fatherhood book from amazon, OMG! lol, least he's trying!

Not really anything new just drink loads of water to keep flushing everything through. Which is really what I needed I'm already peeing about 15 times a day :dohh:

I don't care about me but if I get recurrent infections it can affect the jellybean in quite a few ways. Hopefully the midwife will help settle my fears and I'm definitely being managed by the hospital now so that's the best I can ask for.

Oh and madcat that's so cute that your DH got a book.
My OH keeps trying to read bits of the book I've got and then gets bored very quickly.

Not really anything new just drink loads of water to keep flushing everything through. Which is really what I needed I'm already peeing about 15 times a day :dohh:

I don't care about me but if I get recurrent infections it can affect the jellybean in quite a few ways. Hopefully the midwife will help settle my fears and I'm definitely being managed by the hospital now so that's the best I can ask for.

Oh and madcat that's so cute that your DH got a book.
My OH keeps trying to read bits of the book I've got and then gets bored very quickly.

hes got a boys book written with humour, so that should keep him happy, at least he should know a bit more without me having to explain things!. I'll get me a book in a few weeks time.

I know what you mean about drinking and weeing, its the last thing you want to do isnt it,i had a headache yesterday and put it down to dehydration, tried to make myself drink more, i might as well spent the day sat on the loo!.

I've just got the book you get from the midwife I'm going to get a better book after my scan I think. Didn't consider the humour angle maybe that would be a good idea for my OH. I truly don't think he quite understands how much a baby will change everything. Plus I think he feels rather guilty about the fact it'll just be me and the jellybean 12 days out of 14.

On the water thing I agree, if I drink much more I will have to move my desk into the toilet at work :blush:

I've just got the book you get from the midwife I'm going to get a better book after my scan I think. Didn't consider the humour angle maybe that would be a good idea for my OH. I truly don't think he quite understands how much a baby will change everything. Plus I think he feels rather guilty about the fact it'll just be me and the jellybean 12 days out of 14.

On the water thing I agree, if I drink much more I will have to move my desk into the toilet at work :blush:

i was going to get him the Haynes manual for dads to be for his birthday, but hes gone and bought his own book!.
Oh this book tells it as it is but in the funniest way possible, i think its called "the truth about fatherhood" from amazon.

i must say i do think ive a very realistic view as to how life is going to change, im definately not a rose tinted spec wearer!, never have been, which is perhaps why it took me so long to come around to the idea, we disscussed it all over and over and over again and great depth before we TTC, right down to how we thought it would effect us as a couple and if it did what were we going to do about it(make an effort basically). Its all you can do really!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->