Mother of all conception months Graduates

That's quite mad my niece and nephew are called............Charlie and Bethany!

Both nice names :thumbup:

We like for boys Noah, Callan, Nathan and Jamie
For girls Ava, Leah, Chloe, Eva

My OH has decided he wants to know what we are having if we can at the 20 week scan. I really didn't want to know but if we have to find out i think i'd like to keep it a secret.

Id also like A girls name to have a 2nd name of Grace,..."Bethany Grace..."

but DH i think wants to use his mums name, trouble is im not keen on his mums name which is Valerie, his mum does have a second name which is Dilys which i think is slightly better but im not keen.

Oh yeah Bethany Grace is nice.

It's hard to keep everybody happy isn't it. I'm quite lucky there isn't the whole tradition in my OH's family of naming boys after their father.

Don't know if it's more common in scotland but we've got friends who've now had kids and they named the same name. It's something i never really understood.

well this is it, aparently its tradition in DH's family to use previous family names, but we never did that in our family and id like a name that 'we both like' as a middle name. sooo, thats the only bit up in the air!

I know this is thinking ahead somewhat, but will anyone have any rules when their :baby: is born?. I mean, about visitors at the hospital and visitors at home?. i can only imagine its pretty hard to get a routine going esp if youre a first time parent only to be interupted by visitors.
Even at the hospital i dont know how id feel about visitors popping in, i guess im not the most socialable of people which doesnt help, and i like privacy, but im not the most maternal person either and i keep thinking how it would be better to spend that time trying to bond instead of passing the baby round to everyone.
BUT, saying that, i know my husband will want his family to visit early on, probably both hospital&home, hes more family orientated, my family arent(&give each other space).

I don't really want people to come to hospital and I'd prefer if only close family came round in the first week or so.

Since dads only get 2 weeks paternity leave I want to spend as much time as we can as family without interruption.

Plus you can never keep visitors happy all the time. I really don't want to be disturbing the baby just so everyone can hold him or her.

God I sound like a right grumpy b*tch!!

I don't really want people to come to hospital and I'd prefer if only close family came round in the first week or so.

Since dads only get 2 weeks paternity leave I want to spend as much time as we can as family without interruption.

Plus you can never keep visitors happy all the time. I really don't want to be disturbing the baby just so everyone can hold him or her.

God I sound like a right grumpy b*tch!!

if that makes you a grumy B*tch then that makes two of us!.
I just dont know if i can have it my way though, my DH is so close to his family he'd do anything for them, i can ask him to respect how i feel about this but thats all i can do is ask!:dohh:

Oh I understand there needs to be compromise but I'm sure your DH will be very aware of how disrupting having loads of people round can be once the baby arrives.

I'm all for our family being helpful and stuff but I think having a baby will be pretty overwhelming regardless of how prepared I think am come the time. I'm hoping that getting settled into a routine will help minimise that a little.

well, i think its something we'll have to discuss early on before the baby is born definately.

DH is mum is the one im concerned about the most, shes a lovely lady(far nicer than mine ever was) but she always has to be around someone all the time, every day, cant stand being alone, and im the opposite, i like my own space, happy on my own, never get bored & like the peace. Im concerned that shes going to want to visit extreamly regually,and as with when we bought our house, she then brought all her friends to see it each week, and im concerned it will be the same with a :baby:!. Yet my DH probably would never dream of saying we would just like a bit of time just the 3 of us for a while, because his mum is the type of woman to take it to heart, get upset and we never hear the end of it. I just have a horrible feeling that the first few weeks might be a little harder than they have to be :dohh:

Oh hon that's not good. My OHs mum is like me quite happy in her own space etc so I don't think she'll be here too much.

If she ever just brought random friends to my house I would honestly tell her where to go even though I do like her.

Oh hon that's not good. My OHs mum is like me quite happy in her own space etc so I don't think she'll be here too much.

If she ever just brought random friends to my house I would honestly tell her where to go even though I do like her.

if it gets bad id just have to tell my DH that i cant cope with the constant visitors, i can imagine id get the baby down to sleep and then his mum or friends will want to interfere, or it will be time for feeding/changing etc, and again the door will go!. I can see it all now!! lol!
either that or i dont answer the door .hahahahaha...

Well hello ladies..

sorry you have been feeling so poorly Gilz, a kidney infection ontop of pregnancy symptoms really cant be good.:hugs:

Peanut , I wouldnt be surprised if it is the baby you can feel. I really believe some women as so in touch with their bodies it must be possible. However understand what you mean about the size - there has to be a size issue - if babe is still tiny floating around in a fluid filled sac encased within a profoundly muscular structure like the uterus then there must be a point where it is impossible to feel. Who knows :shrug:

On the visitors front, I want to get my butt outta hospital asap so am hoping there wont be time for any visitors - in, push, out. Thats my plan :thumbup:

Have had no more spotting since yesterday, so am a bit more hopeful. Cramping stopped too. Am hoping was just the :sex:

MadCat - congrats on hitting 10 weeks. It seems such a milestone! Feel like I have been pregnant forever but not getting anywhere - all due to the early :bfp:

We had to tell my stepson about the :baby: due to me being in hospital last week. He had already guessed. He is really enjoying watching my ticker go up - he said 'oh next time I see you it will be a blueberry!' How sweet. We have watched pregnancy week by week videos and he has loved it.

Names...
quite stuck for boys names as we have used so many already! I like Noah, OH likes Dylan. For a girl it will be between Poppy, Mia and Mya, likely with Alyce as a middle name (my grandma with slight change of spelling).

Oh I've done that before just locked the door and pretended I wasn't in :blush:

Not quite as easy now that we've got a dog, everytime the doorbell goes he barks :haha:

Oh they are nice names Loopy and it's great your step son is getting involved with your pregnancy.

Oh Mia is a nice name, i wrote down all my potential names months ago....let me just get my little book out...

Mia
Mya
Emily
Ella
Sophie

Boy- Bailey

that was my original list!.

yes thats the troulbe with getting your BFP early, youre pregnant forever!.
I like the hospital plan, and i plan on making that my plan!, In - push - Out!, i dont like hospitals, i dont like hospital food, all makes me feel ill!.

Oh I like that plan in push and out. I hate hospitals I've spent far too muc time in them over the past few years.

Hopefully the birth will go smoothly and I'll get home reasonably quickly.

They are lovely names too madcat we are all so organised :haha:

too organised!!:growlmad:

sometimes i wonder if i dissapear from here whether time will go a bit quicker?.
but i always end up being back on here anyway!

ha ha ha- shall i put that on my birth plan....? In - Push - Out !!!

Yup that should be the first line on the birth plan :haha:

I did disappear from bnb for a while TTC was getting me down but found it actually made things worse and time went slower.

Hey girls soz i'm on holiday andam out of touch. Imust bee the only one that fancys staying in hospital lol the good olddays when you had 2 weeks in to recovercoz when u got home it wasnose to the grindstone.
Scan dated me at 4.3mm or 6 weeks on friday I don't want to adjust my ticker though :(.

Hugs to you all

Hey girls soz i'm on holiday andam out of touch. Imust bee the only one that fancys staying in hospital lol the good olddays when you had 2 weeks in to recovercoz when u got home it wasnose to the grindstone.
Scan dated me at 4.3mm or 6 weeks on friday I don't want to adjust my ticker though :(.

Hugs to you all

aww, i didnt want to adjust mine either!!, i got rid of it altogether until i reached 9 weeks!, it was too depressing!!!. Id do that if i were you!!.

well, i really didnt fancy evening meal again, even moreso than most evenings, felt a tiny bit sicky while eating it, im hating having to force food down for the sake of eating!.

My fave program on tonight though, Grand designs!, im such a dreamer!:thumbup:

ah madcati totally get ya with the food unless i craveit i dnt want it. and of course what i want is never in. lol i'll leaveit on as i have no idea how they make it that date as my thyroid was soooo high on the 25th augustlol never mind ill find out for certain begining of november and find my allusive left ovary

ah madcati totally get ya with the food unless i craveit i dnt want it. and of course what i want is never in. lol i'll leaveit on as i have no idea how they make it that date as my thyroid was soooo high on the 25th augustlol never mind ill find out for certain begining of november and find my allusive left ovary

whys your ovary so allusive lol?, wheres it gone??.

My early scan checked both of my ovaries, i was put back a week, i was stuck on 7 weeks for two weeks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->