Mother of all conception months Graduates

Hi all! You've been busy while I've been working today! Names, visitors, hospital, that everything?

Names - we have our girls name picked, have had since last time. It's secret though but it's not the same as any you've mentioned. When we pick it the boys name will be secret too but we are currently stumped! Funny as last time we couldn't find any girls names but lads of boys even though we already had Byron picked for years.

Visitors weren't a problem for me, in fact I think maybe I was more inclined to wonder where everyone was! Baby is fine. I think newborns largely just sleep despite being passed around but there's nothing wrong with hanging on to the baby either! I was quite easy about it. I didn't really get to put him down for at least 4 months so sharing was fine! Lol Hospital don't allow more than two visitors at a time and there are also strict visiting hours, sadly for OHs too. And on the food front, they had nothing for me on my overnight stay so next time if I have to go in DH is to bring me some meals. It was a disgrace really. I mostly hope to be able to keep out if hospital this time.

yes, im not sure about the hospital food front, ive extreamly picky, most things i DONT like and only a few things i do, im awful in a restruant with a nice menu let alone in a hospital with a limited choice. do they let your DH bring in food for you?

When I was in for my kidney operation the food was horrendous. They wouldn't let you leave til you ate but the food made me physically sick. My OH was sneaking me food in for days!!

If you could cover the smell of fresh chips and vinegar til your DH got into your room who would know :haha:

Well we didn't get opportunity to try but I don't see how they could stop him bringing something. I wasn't given the option to order dinner even though I'd been in since the night before and all that was available in the kitchen was a tuna sandwich. Excellent for veggies! So they made me some toast. Bear in mind I hadn't eaten in at least 30 hours, I'd thrown up 2 or 3 times and of course been in labour for 35 hours. Ridiculous. Actually I did manage to get some scrammed egg and mash for lunch as the dinnerlady appeared right after I'd given birth and been cleaned up! Having hardly eaten for 8 months and been off eggs completely it was like food from the gods! :rofl:

I'm having quite a bit of pelvic discomfort and sciatica. I can't win as it comes both from walking and sitting! Have managed the nausea well today but I'm really filling up now and have swollen glands again so I fear this is a sign of impending vom. Been super cm today, always seems to be more when I work hard! Also getting full womb feelings when I over-exert that feel a lot like braxton hicks albeit on a smaller scale. Just everso slightly cranky today too but could be from sitting in meetings. Another busy day tomorrow. Can't wait for Friday off and a rest.

Hey girls soz i'm on holiday andam out of touch. Imust bee the only one that fancys staying in hospital lol the good olddays when you had 2 weeks in to recovercoz when u got home it wasnose to the grindstone.
Scan dated me at 4.3mm or 6 weeks on friday I don't want to adjust my ticker though :(.

Hugs to you all

aww, i didnt want to adjust mine either!!, i got rid of it altogether until i reached 9 weeks!, it was too depressing!!!. Id do that if i were you!!.

well, i really didnt fancy evening meal again, even moreso than most evenings, felt a tiny bit sicky while eating it, im hating having to force food down for the sake of eating!.

Oooo Grand Designs, its my fave too! Always hankered after converting a castle in North Yorkshire :wacko: yeah right :wacko: but we can dream.

Madcat I love all those names. Loved everyones choices, think we are a thread of good taste...

starting to have some waves of nausea - yay!:thumbup: Peanut said 6 weeks nearly bang on

Hi Molly :wave:, oh bet you are gutted at going backwards! Like Madcat said, you end up getting stuck for weeks. Frustrating. This first tri is too long as it is never mind clocks going backwards! If it happens to me, am making a mental note to ditch the ticker for a few weeks to keep sanity - i like it :thumbup:

yes - that will me my birth plan - in - push - out. I spend a minimum of eight hours a day in hospital, even bloody worse as a patient. Hate i hate it hate it. Crappy beds, crappy food and crappy noise. Staff so stretched they want to shoot themselves. Na, my own home and creature comforts. If I wasnt worried my back is going to shatter during labour (or push a disc out as well as a baby) I would have my bubs at home.

I'm having quite a bit of pelvic discomfort and sciatica. I can't win as it comes both from walking and sitting! Have managed the nausea well today but I'm really filling up now and have swollen glands again so I fear this is a sign of impending vom. Been super cm today, always seems to be more when I work hard! Also getting full womb feelings when I over-exert that feel a lot like braxton hicks albeit on a smaller scale. Just everso slightly cranky today too but could be from sitting in meetings. Another busy day tomorrow. Can't wait for Friday off and a rest.
Peanutbean - i could have written this paragraph

Lol that's meant to say crampy not cranky. Stupid predictive text. But I have some mildly exciting news: I'm not concave above the pelvis when I lie down. It's all flat now so probably not long til I pop!

my pelivs(just above is the same hun), and when im upright it really buldges out, im just wondering how long it will be till it moves upwards in to my actual tummy area.

I did the most stupid thing this morning, sat here at the desk, felt a sneeze coming and did nothing about it (usually i curl up to stop it hurting), christ did i know about it, i thought my lowers had exploided!

Ooo week today and i get the NHS scan.

Ow! I have to curl up and brace myself too. It's awful when they catch you by surprise!

I feel off today. Absolutely have to go into work to photocopy 6 million pages of stuff and have to drive to be able to bring all the boxes of resources home for an event next week. Just can't bring myself to move though.

Morning girls :flower:

Well i'm at home again today had a horrible night again last night, it seems physically impossible for me to get comfy just now.

Just spent 40 minutes on the phone to the stupid housing department trying to get things sorted for my MIL and i'm still no further forward!! :gun::grr::gun:

tell you what peanutbean, i really do admire you, you have been as sick as a dog, and no doubt feel as tired and recked as i do, yet obviously you have to carry on working though it.

My ligaments are still grumbling now after that sneeze, im asuming theyre not going to be right for the rest of the day, it was quite servere when it happened!

is anyone going to see this? https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/3683

i love all the girlie films with katherine Heigl in them, this one seems apt though, will see it after the scan lol!
the trailers look hilarious!

Aw thanks madcat. I am a moaner but it's not easy. Last time there was no toddler to think of and I had much less on at work so could really ditch things that weren't that important. This time I've got all this self-induced responsibility and jobs plus it's a super busy time of year for me. Then with Byron at home... But DH does SO much and I do not know how single mums would be able to manage. And I am neglecting Byron. He is being naughty a lot more because he gets much less from me. Maybe I'm a bad mum when pregnant but I do as much as I can and I can't do more! If Byron could pay my salary I'd much prefer to give the energy I do have to him though! lol

I'm still not in the office but i am working so that's something. Nearly up to date with the most important things so can get some lunch and drive in to do my lovely printing!

Hope your ligaments ease up, try and rest a bit and not make sharp movements. They'll probably settle again after a while.

oh we'll have to give up our cinema cards when the baby or when "Wahwah (as my DH calls it) is born, we have been regulars at the flicks for 7 years, since our 1st date!.

Well, i think youre doing incredibly well, i feel very lazy in comparision and i only have the house to look after, i dont know how you do it, youre doing fantastic and dont you think otherwise!x

I quite like Katherine Heigel too but my OH doesn't do chick flicks.

Last film we saw together was Sherlock. Tend to go see the animated stuff with my sister and that's about it.

DH and I take it in turns, one week we have to see a boy film and the next week a girlie film, only lately theres been more boy films out than girls!.
Dh will go see it, he went to see 27 dresses too, i think Katherine Heigl is a bit of eye candy for him so he grins and bares it! lol

Oh that's a nice compromise :)

What are you guys going to do about the flu jab? Just noticed on the BBC health section that they are going to offer the flu jab to all pregnant women this winter.

I used to get the flu jag as i had asthma when i was younger, but the last few times i had it i was really ill so stopped going for it. Then last year because i'd just had my kidney out my neph and my family guilt tripped me into getting the swine flu jag and i was ill for a week.

Really rather scared about which choice to make as the flu jag this year has the swine flu jag incorporated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->