Mother of all conception months Graduates

I was offered the flu jab last year, as i too have asthma, but i declined it, i read that the effects of it for some people outweighed the risks, or thats what i felt anyway. Now the stakes are higher, but my gut feeling is telling me to decline again. Last year i was in college, and before that working, this year i'll be at home, i dont really mix with alot of people, i guess the only danger will come from DH, but he doesnt mix with alot of people either, he's mostly in his van on his own.

Last year it just made me feel truly awful at a time my body was trying to deal with losing an organ.

This year i'm trying to grow a baby and don't think i could handle feeling that ill again. Also i'm not convinced that it's as risk free to the baby as the medical profession would have you believe. :shrug:

i had a few friends feel very ill indeed on it for quite some time, one of which was a nurse and had to have it, i think that will be a "no" from me:nope:

Yeah think i'm leaning that way too although i'm sure that'll attract an unhappy response from some people.

you have to do whats right for you, not for other people. If you had it for other people, and there were complications you would never forgive your self, and if you dont have it, you need to except that you might, or might not get the flu but will have to deal with natrually.

on a lighter,more refreshing note, ive just had another ice lolly, refreshing?, you bet!

Does anyone know if the Gaviscon tablets are just as safe as the liquid form for us to take?.

I never took the tablets precribed by my doc for this throat prob i have (which he says is due to acid),there was just no guarenttee they were safe and i didnt risk it. but ive been using the liquid gaviscon, but its sooo horrible to swallow that i avoid it, that in itself can make me gag!, so i was thinking about the lemon tablets they do!

MadCat, the tablet Gaviscon should be fine for you.

Re the jabs - I would def have them. But then I am very exposed seeing sick people daily. One of our pregnant patients died last year of swine flu, so sad.

Well think its all over for me. Bleeding back, now getting more red, some cramps and pretty much lost what very few symptoms I have had. Resigning myself to losing my babe and preparing for the worst. Had hoped to at least see my ticker hit six weeks before it lost it but even thats disappeared :cry:

edit - ticker reappered now

Oh Loopy honey please try not think the worst. Can you get an appointment at your epu first thing to get checked out?

:hugs:

Loopy hugs. hope its just an annoying body.
Inever have the flu jab as it only covers known flu varieties. had swine or birdflujab lastyear I can't remeber which one I think it's the same as baby jabsu just feel kinda pants if u get side effects

Oh Loopy honey please try not think the worst. Can you get an appointment at your epu first thing to get checked out?

:hugs:

I am trying but really in my heart feel there is no hope. I have my scan booked in 2 weeks, dont really know whether it is worth trying epau again. Its only a week since i had my scan, dont know if they will be able to tell me much more. dont know what to do really :nope:

gooo epu.do as urtold doc we make crap patients

gooo epu.do as urtold doc we make crap patients

yes i guess we do. just want to curl up in a ball and die now.....
will ring in the morning and see what they say. i know a nurse that works there will ask her what to do

Loopy hon I agree call epau :hugs: I am so sorry you are going through this uncertain time.....I had a bright red bleed with Oliver at about 6-7wks I hope this is what you are experiencing too!

ohhh dear the chillie heat waves have had to be removed from me

Have been catching up ladies.....I ended up working overtime today as my boss fluffed up the rota and had a staff shortage :dohh: The extra cash is welcome though :) I am working now until monday :( but at least I am busy until my scan on tuesday cause I am getting truly anxious now :( and feel the need to know beanie baby is ok!

I love bailey for a boys name madcat :) I also like grace and have been thinking about gracie :)

Gilz I could never understand naming boys after dad or grandparents either....I dont think it gives a baby individuality :shrug: and choosing a name is such an important 1st job as a parent :thumbup:

As for visitors ladies with Oliver (who was in scbu for 6days) we decided to tell everyone to come around immediately after we got home (he was 7days old when we came home from hospital) Our theory was that once everyone had been to see him they would leave us alone for us to have some family time and guess what it worked :) Everyone that called or rang we invited in and very quickly the novelty wore off :wohoo: After a few days all was quiet and our time was our own! It was tiring the 1st few days because we always had a full house and washing up, tidying up once people left or we had a visitor lull but it was def worth it! Oliver would have slept on a washing line and so it didnt bother him been passed about or cuddled as long as he was fed! I have the same plan.....hospital last possible second---push-----out and home :lol: but we will go with the same plan again inviting every tom, dick and harry in the 1st few days and then enjoying plenty of family time :) REMEMBER you can always say NO, kick your visitors out if they out stay there welcome ie some friends of ours stayed until 9pm and we had to show them the door (very politely of course :)) and dont forget to show everyone the kettle, fridge, cup cupboard and even the ironing or washing if anyone says `can I do anything to help!` :)

hey hon am not kidding....I had our visitors wash up, make tea, sandwiches and allsorts :lol: I was like `would you mind running vac around or `you wouldnt empty dryer would you?` or `could you nip to shop!` :wacko:

lol well i have just discovered how useful MIL is she has Molly the jack russel for10 days and it would appear 1 lazy dog isto much for 5 people to handle. jeez we do 60 hour weeks each occasionally and she is a happy dog. im thinking asking her to wizz the hoover round and make a cuppa might be to much

Oh loopy I'm so sorry you're going through this. Do ring the epu in the morning though. I hope it goes away again. :( :hugs:

On the jab I don't know. I wouldn't normally have a flu jab. I'll discuss it with them and decide then.

I've got to go bath Byron and put him to bed now. Really late! Feel so wrecked I might not be back on tonight. Will see.

:rofl: sounds like my MIL.....I would never dream of asking her to put her hands in my sink to do the washing up! She really bugged me when I had Oliver, she taxied herself to our house everyday around 10am after we came home :growlmad: once DH went back to work after pat leave she used to arrive at 10am only I was ready for her arrival and I would make sure Oliver was dressed and ready to go out in his buggy and say `oh sorry you didnt say you was coming and we are just on our way out` :rofl: a bit mean but I only did it a few times cause I got so fed up and couldnt get rid of her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->