Mother of all conception months Graduates

hope i need u to change it back soon peanut. oooh proper food

haha oh yeah molly :dohh: i see it now lol

i would tell my mum peanut but DH wants to tell his mum & dad at the sametime and cos we made a pact before our BFP that we would wait til 12 weeks i feel like i'll jinx things or something - stupid i know!! my mum doesnt do secrets either lol i'll think of something :shrug:

oh just realised my edd isnt on here either - its 20th may i think but was going to wait til first scan but you can always re adjust :thumbup:

i just had supernoodles for dinner, healthy i know :blush: but didnt fancy anything else - hope you get something proper peanut!!

Morning all!

Off for my bloods at lunchtime today.

tell you what though, i cant stop dreaming!, every night i have a weird but very vivid dream!.

Last night i was in some evening dress with a load of other girls(looks liked wedding dresses really), and we were all on horse back (but like the queens guardsmen horses in all their gear), galloping thru the streets of london!.

Night before that i was in a relationship with robbie williams,

I cant remember the night before that!.

Crazy:wacko:!

Oh I'm having crazy dreams too madcat they are completely not normal.

I dreamt the other night that we were at a party and the my friend turned into a big black fuzzy caterpillar and then he wanted to go swimming but we lost him down a drain at the pool.

That can't be normal can it :dohh:

Hahahaha....

well, i got up for a wee half thru last nights dream, but when i wetn back to sleep i was in theme park, on a log flume with my DH, we went round, he got off, but i wasnt allowed to, and i had to keep going round and round and round with the girl who was sat behind me!

lol the other night I dreamt I was having a lovely chat with Jonny Depp! He was going to be getting married some high class/noble Arabic woman and we were just chatting about life and stuff. It was great! Then later my sister was getting married to some guy (she's already married) and we were in the family home which was a lovely manor house, beautiful wood panelling and classic flock wallpaper etc. Nothing like the no-wealth I grew up with! Her in-laws were in the sitting room holding a baby, not sure whose, are were a bit cross about something but I can't remember now. Except for the mc and prem birth type dreams I quite enjoy mad pregnancy dreams.

:wave: Ladies,

Well it was :rain: here in Leeds but now the sun seems to be surfacing :dohh: DH did the school run so I am sat here in my dressing gown not really feeling motivated to do anything and not really caring....loving a rest though!

Might have some soup for lunch.....not sure I can stomach anything else :sick:

I am in my dressing gown too. Feeling the burn after last night. Got to go in for an evening meeting but I'm working from home til nearer the time. Boo. I just want to give up work!

I've got this horrible thing with work now, I think it's probably a pregnancy thing, where I lurch from everything's A-OK to oh my god how can I cope there is so much and it's all going wrong and it's all my fault and I feel so ill and don't know how to fix anything. etc... It's not a good state!

Oh and it's not helped that my crappy manager is again threatening to pull me out of a project I've been working on since about Feb, so about 4 months before she was even in post. She just understands nothing.

:hugs: Peanut hon

I am feeling a little :cry: too about work today although am not there.....my colleague rang last night and shit has hit fan again. Things were getting better and I am beginning to think `I just dont bloody care` shock horror but I just dont feel well enough to even begin to try and mend things AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DH picked a major nasty argument with me last night so I made him sleep on the sofa, I needed some space and he was wayyyyyyyy out of order!

I feel pants tbh and cant be bothered dealing with any sort of crap right now!

Hi girls :flower:

Well i'm having a totally crap day!!

Saw the midwife this morning she was really nice and explained everything about how i'll be dealt with as i'm classed as high risk etc. Then she looked at the report from my scan on saturday, phoned the EPAU and after that she told me that i really shouldn't go to the scan on friday on my own as it's likely to be bad news :cry:

So gutted, i've got absolutely no positivity left at all just wish my OH was here instead of having to deal with this on my own :nope:

Gilz i dont know how she could possibly no that yet hun so try not to get to worked up over it - only 2 days to go, is there anyone else you could go with?? if not im sure you'll be fine!!! really really have my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

The midwife said based on how slow the heartrate was the chances were really slim. Suppose she was only talking based on experience maybe.

My friend is going to come with me thankfully, but you are right will just need to wait to see what friday brings.

Hey ladies. I'm back from my exhausting evening at work. Got to try force some food down as I had no time to eat. Just some crisps since 1pm! :sick:

Vbaby I think girl from nub but I'm on my phone and can't enlarge! Lol

Gemie you never officially joined us so I never had your edd! You're there now and Molly I changed your date. I'll re-order when I'm on computer.

Do you think?Which bit are ya looking at?there's a few bits sticking out there,don't know whats what at all!!

what i mean is i can understand her having a good idea or the experience but i just think its wrong to tell you that when everything maybe ok!!!

phew glad someones going with you though good to have the support whatever the outcome, will be thinking of you all the time now gilz - what times your scan??? x

It's at 9:40 on friday morning, but it's at the EPAU so they told me that the emergency cases will understandably be treated as a priority so really it could be any time after that.

How's everything going with you anyway Bids, are you looking forward to seeing the midwife?

aww gilz,try stay positive til friday,i know its the hardest thing in the world to do.Lots of babies have come thru the other end fighting fit when people thought they wouldn't.There's no reason to think that your lil bean won't be 1 of them.
So glad you have someone to go with you and hold your hand.xx

Good luck madcat for tomorrow,hope all goes well.xx

yeah im fine thanx gilz have felt better yesterday and today

just under 2 weeks til the mw app its actually coming round quite quickly now, just hope everythings ok seems such a long time to wait... hoping she books my scan sharpish too!!

9.40 well at least thats nice and early even if you do have to wait a bit!! xx

:hugs: Madly for feeling soc rap. :(
:hugs::hugs: Gilz, I can't believe your MW would say such a thing. Surely if it was that probable the EPAU would've said so when you had the scan?

I found this: https://miscarriage.about.com/od/amimiscarrying/f/slowheartrate.htm It says the risk of mc is increased with a slow foetal heartrate but that nothing can be told from that single rate without waiting to see if it normalises.

I have now just found this study: https://radiology.rsna.org/content/236/2/643.full
RESULTS: The rates of first-trimester demise were 60.6% for pregnancies with slow heart rates at 6.0&#8211;7.0 weeks (188 of 310), 17.4% for those with borderline heart rates (103 of 593), and 9.1% for those with normal heart rates (186 of 2034). There were 59 pregnancies with a slow heart rate at 6.0&#8211;7.0 weeks and a normal heart rate at follow-up US by 8.0 weeks; 15 (25.4%) resulted in first-trimester demise. This rate of demise was significantly higher than that of 7.2% (28 of 390) in pregnancies with a normal heart rate at 6.0&#8211;7.0 weeks and a normal heart rate by 8.0 weeks (P <.001, Fisher exact test). Pregnancies with a borderline heart rate early in pregnancy followed by a normal heart rate had a demise rate of 7.6% (nine of 118), which is similar to those with normal heart rates early in pregnancy followed by normal heart rates at follow-up (P = .84).

CONCLUSION: When a slow embryonic heart rate is detected at 6.0&#8211;7.0 weeks, the likelihood of subsequent first-trimester demise remains elevated (approximately 25%) even if the heart rate is normal at follow-up. In such pregnancies, at least one follow-up scan in late first trimester is warranted.
Do you know what the heart rate was? This is only one study but shows some percentages for mc following different heart rates. I hope it's informative rather than scary. Take heart that there were plenty of successful pregnancies in all the cases mentioned above. Everything crossed for you on Friday. Are you still feeling ill? That is also hopefully a good sign.

Hey Peanut, yeah i still feel sick and my other symptoms are there too.

I don't think the midwife said what she did with any malice, i think she was trying to make sure i was prepared for the worst rather than toddling along to my scan on my own and then getting a huge shock.

They didn't measure the heartrate on my scan on saturday, she was having trouble staying on it for any long period of time as the jellybean is only 6mm in size. All the report said was "Heartbeat visualised but noted at a slow rate, rescan to check viability"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->