Mother of all conception months Graduates

glad things are looking up for you now!.:wacko:

i had a terrible nights sleep, well, ok till 4am, then i had to get up for a wee, after that i couldnt get comfy and back to sleep, i seem to toss and turn like no-ones business these days

lol knowing the services here it will be another 6/7 weeks before our scan.
I actually had a dream I MC'd last night. I think I must be really worried about all you girlies.
Madcat with carry cot and carseat its £450 roughly its good quality and everything i wanted so worth the investment I think just got to choose a colour and make it to next scan ok so we can have it all ready by 3rd tri so the dog is happy

Wow Molly you'll be 14 weeks by then, that's a long time to wait i'd be going mental :dohh:

I'm reasonably sure my 12 weeks scan should be pretty much on time as we are offered the nuchal scan in our health board area.

all the travelsystems we like and want are in the £300+ bracket, esp the light ones.
We're thinking that, rather than buy a cheap heavy one from new it might be better if we look for one thats in good condition on ebay and the kind of one we really want.

Wow Molly you'll be 14 weeks by then, that's a long time to wait i'd be going mental :dohh:

I'm reasonably sure my 12 weeks scan should be pretty much on time as we are offered the nuchal scan in our health board area.

thats good, im having to pay £175 for my nuchal scan and bloods

yep i think its all done i was taking the micky im sure it will all be done on time. other wise we can go private and claim it back

Oh wow Madcat i didn't realise that it would cost as much.

I didn't know that they the did the nuchal scan in our area til wednesday when the midwife informed me that i have to decide before going for my scan if i want that part or not.

Since they are offering it, i'm certainly going to take them up on it just to make sure everything is ok.

I thought nuchal scanning was something they had rolled out UK wide, i take it that's still not happened.

no, they dont do the nuchal scan where i am in wales, aparently they cant afford to train the sonographers for that, the need a special licence each year for it, and probably dont have the equiptment, thats what my private clinic told me (&they do alot of ultrasound work for the nhs).

My hospital will only do the blood test, but not until 16 weeks, but you dont get the results back for another 3 weeks, and all in all i think if there was something wrong its all a bit late in the day to be investigating further.

Aparently the bloods are best done early and the scan is best left as late as possible, which is what im paying for.

I see, wow i've really learnt a lot of new stuff since i got pregnant :blush:

You are right though 19 weeks is pushing it a bit for the cases that might require further attention.

i think they leave it so late because thats what most people think, and might not take it any further hence saving them cost.

I'll be part of training for the nuchal neasurement next week. Seems they are all meant to be doing it since last December. But I don't think I'll be getting results. We do bloods at 16 weeks and they will do the quad test then except we won't have it. Madcat how come you're paying for bloods? Are you sure you want to spend the money on the tests?

Byron and are having some lunch. Just can't wait for DH to get home so I can shower! I did of course go off and do more work. Even when I'm struggling I find it hard not to just end up doing something! Lol. At least I needn't feel guilty.

im paying for the bloods because its better that the bloods are taken early rather than later at 16 weeks, i could have just paid for the nuchal scan on its own, but i prefered the bloods to be taken now rather than later, i had the blood taken 2 days ago.

im on bloods every 4-6 weeks alll the usualtests plus thyroid they start next week oh the joy my veins hide. not sure when our nuchal one is i think its around 20 weeks or its an extra if u want it. it's soooo confusing. I dnt think the clinic we used was that exspencive but will have to check

Molly I think the nuchal needs to be done quite early, usually at 12 weeks. I'm not certain though what with never having had it done!

ohh well theres def one at 12/13 weeks lol i best read the hospital info again

Ahah I found the timetable this is how it works for us I am soooo dippy
https://www.royalsurrey.nhs.uk/Default.aspx?DN=44169293-34db-41bb-83e3-85db7442f0be

Madcat and Peanut did the midwife tell you when you'd next need to see her at your booking in appointment?

I feel a bit in limbo after mine on wednesday, she never mentioned seeing me again at all. I hope it's just because i'm being referred to the hospital to be dealt with, but i do hope she didn't just assume that i knew when i'm supposed to go back!

Hi ladies,Hope yous all have lovely wk ends.Its gonna be chaotic here so prob won't get back on computer til after wk end!Shay is sick,high temp,complaining of earache and sore head so taking him docs in a while.
Havin orans birthday party tom,he's nearly 2!!!!
So up to my eyes trying to get organised,doesn't help that shay is contrary.Plus tom we'll be telling everyone i'm 12wks preg!!YAY!!!!
Only my family know so really looking forward to telling dh's family and my friends at last!!
Will definately miss havin a few glasses of wine,or beers but got some becks non-alcohol beer in so that'll just have to do me!!
Enjoy your wk ends,and peanut really hope this ms leaves you soon,you're havin an awful time of it,don't know how you're coping at all.I've been soooo lucky haven't really had to deal with ms.
Talk nxt wk.xxx

Exciting weekend vbaby! Good luck spilling the beans!

Gilz I'm to book in at 16 weeks, once I have my date from the scan, ready for bloods. I can't remember if it was the same gap last time but I think it was. I'm seen less now though as it's a second pregnancy.

Thanks everyone for being so endlessly kind and sympathetic about the ms. You'll be very sick of hearing about it when it's still there at 35 weeks! I get totally consumed by it in pregnancy. I'm coping much better this time though. With Byron I would just sit and do nothing. No tv, no reading, no music, no sewing, just silence. Normally I do 5 things at once at any given time. I just disappeared into the pregnancy and illness.

Peanut you are doing good. the lack of energy is the killer here but as we are all together we will pull each other through. We all just want second tri to be here to either get rid of symptoms like MS or get going with prep to take our minds off everything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->