Mother of all conception months Graduates

I think once you get over 1st tri it starts to speed up a bit.I think we all spend so much time worrying that time just drags.By 2nd tri we'll all be more relaxed and I don't think the pregnancy will be on our minds quite so constantly!
Plus our timing is great.All the excitement for xmas will be starting soon and we'll all be busy shopping and getting stuff sorted we won't be thinking about it so much either.
I'll be 23wks at xmas,so over half way there!!!

It might be different for you though Loopy cos you've been waiting for your scan for so long.

Once you've been on thursday and everything is fine maybe time will start going a bit quicker for you.

I hope so...feel like life doesnt exist past 0900 14/10/10. Even felt bad making a hair appointment wondering what state I will be in. Got a grip and thought well carry on as if everything is going to be ok.

You just need to try to stay positive Loopy, you've not had any more major bleeding or pain etc, so hopefully it was just your wee bean getting all snuggled in properly :hugs:

But i do know how much easier said that is than done...

last thing i'll do is have an epidural, in fact no not last i WONT have one im sure!! I had an epidural for my back and it was the most vile injection ive ever had also the way it made me feel was absoultley horrible - it felt so weird and it hurt too definite no for me (perhaps it was weird cos i wasnt in labour)?? plus i know the chance is really really slim but you can get paralysed from it!!

i feel like now 8 weeks is here it is speeding up a teeny tiny bit lol but i just want to be 20 weeks so roll on new years eve - like madcat i wanted to shout it from the rooftops but now i feel comfortable with people not knowing for some weird reason lol and i wont be announcing on FB for quite a while yet maybe even 24 weeks?! am looking forward to telling close family though :)

still feel ok today - i keep feeling sick when i get up in the night to go for a wee and then cant get back to sleep its well annoying but apart from that??

goodluck for thursday lolli everything will be fine....

My DH thinks i should think about a water birth!, thats his latest gem, from the book he is reading. i will think about it, im not sure what i want at the moment though!

There were a couple of water births in that special deliveries program i watched last night, not greatly sure whether it appeals to me or not.

My friend had a bed birth for her first and tore really badly and needed loads of stitches. She had her second in a birthing pool and didn't have a single tear or stitch.

My OH would hate it though, you know how your fingers go wrinkly when you've been in the bath or the pool for a while well my OH hates that, not really sure what that's all about but i can just imagine him not wanting to hold my wrinkly hand while i tried to give birth to the baby!!

i quite liked the thought of it but after watching cherrys got a baby or whatever it was called and they said you have a sieve i thought ermmm no thanks lol but i might change my mind but think i'll just go normal?!!

I havent looked into any of that yet to be honest dont know the first thing about any of it lol!!

LMFAO gilz about the fingers thats well funny!!

Love the thought of you OH gripping your prune-like finger Gilz :rofl::rofl:

I quite fancy the waterbirth thing, I am a real waterbaby and spend hours bobbing around in my bath. Use it to ease my back pain, stress and just about anything else. Find it so soothing.

I also had a epidural (for baby) and an epidural (for spinal problems) and they were completely different and the one for baby hurt alot less. In fact dont remember any pain just a bit of pushing. The spinal one was excruciating and I made them stop in the end I was in so much pain. Was having contractions when they put my baby one in and that certainly distracts you! You mind in focusing on the big pains round the front!

It is all so individual. Also depends on how babe is laid. I know real wussy girls who have popped theirs out like shelling a pea, and other tough nuts who have ended up with everything. Think you just have to see how things go, it is often so different to what you expect and they keep throwing you curve balls!

But yes, my plan is waterbirth. In hospital, so if I slip a disc again will stand a chance of being able to walk again!

on a twelve hour shift again, sat in room above car park watching everyone go home:growlmad:

You just need to try to stay positive Loopy, you've not had any more major bleeding or pain etc, so hopefully it was just your wee bean getting all snuggled in properly :hugs:

But i do know how much easier said that is than done...

Am hoping it was all the :sex: we seemed to struggle getting out of ttc mode! :blush: fingers and toes crossed

Love the thought of you OH gripping your prune-like finger Gilz :rofl::rofl:

I quite fancy the waterbirth thing, I am a real waterbaby and spend hours bobbing around in my bath. Use it to ease my back pain, stress and just about anything else. Find it so soothing.

I also had a epidural (for baby) and an epidural (for spinal problems) and they were completely different and the one for baby hurt alot less. In fact dont remember any pain just a bit of pushing. The spinal one was excruciating and I made them stop in the end I was in so much pain. Was having contractions when they put my baby one in and that certainly distracts you! You mind in focusing on the big pains round the front!

It is all so individual. Also depends on how babe is laid. I know real wussy girls who have popped theirs out like shelling a pea, and other tough nuts who have ended up with everything. Think you just have to see how things go, it is often so different to what you expect and they keep throwing you curve balls!

But yes, my plan is waterbirth. In hospital, so if I slip a disc again will stand a chance of being able to walk again!

on a twelve hour shift again, sat in room above car park watching everyone go home:growlmad:

Im a real water baby too, i spend hours bobbing around in the tub like you, well, i did when i could have the bathwater as hot as i liked that is. My DH is used to seeing a prune emerge from the bathroom!
The only thing that bothers me with a water birth is the chance that you could do a No2, it must be so much more embarassing in water i would think!

Madcat you might do a no.2 wherever you give birth! I really want my waterbirth this time and no epidural ever again for me for sure. What a mistake!

Hugs to spotty ladies, glad you have symptoms to give you comfort. I've a good feeling about you all though.

Today I've been training so not been on. Woke up with yet another migraine starting - so much for no migraines during pregnancy! - but managed to work it away which means I'll probably be bedridden tomorrow. Got lots of aches at the moment which I hope is a good sign. Counting the hours til my scan...

Madcat you might do a no.2 wherever you give birth! I really want my waterbirth this time and no epidural ever again for me for sure. What a mistake!

Hugs to spotty ladies, glad you have symptoms to give you comfort. I've a good feeling about you all though.

Today I've been training so not been on. Woke up with yet another migraine starting - so much for no migraines during pregnancy! - but managed to work it away which means I'll probably be bedridden tomorrow. Got lots of aches at the moment which I hope is a good sign. Counting the hours til my scan...

hey i have loads of aches too, they seem to range from my uterus area right to around my belly in this last week, with the odd twinge thrown in, and currently slight back ache too. things are on the move i guess.

Yeh, i know you can do a No2 where ever you are, for some reason the thought of it sounds a bit worse in water!lol

My MW thought it was quick and easy to scoop out with no-one noticing! Lol. My boobs are killing me too, even more!

hey i have loads of aches too, they seem to range from my uterus area right to around my belly in this last week, with the odd twinge thrown in, and currently slight back ache too. things are on the move i guess.

Yeh, i know you can do a No2 where ever you are, for some reason the thought of it sounds a bit worse in water!lol

I think its easier to cope with in water - no smell and quickly scooped before you ever know it. My OH would GO TO TOWN on that one, would never live it down. He is such a child when it comes to bottom things...

Do you have much options for waterbirth in your areas? Looks like only one pool in each of my nearby hospitals. If someone is in it - tough :growlmad: Would be awful if you had your heart set on it and someone was hogging it. Mind you, no-one would get me out once in there!

Sorry about the migraines Peanut how awful. I have been suffering with frequent headaches which are persistant if I dont take anything. Luckily not full blown migraines, my mum suffered with them for years truely terrible.

Oh i miss baths i've not been bothering since getting pregnant cos i like them really hot.

That's funny loopy my OH also thinks it's greatly amusing about the whole might poop thing.

Right now I honestly think I'd die of embarrassment but come labour time I don't think I'll care at all. Still would rather not do it though :blush:

Peanut hope you are feeling better soon is your scan tomorrow?

Oh i miss baths i've not been bothering since getting pregnant cos i like them really hot.

That's funny loopy my OH also thinks it's greatly amusing about the whole might poop thing.

Right now I honestly think I'd die of embarrassment but come labour time I don't think I'll care at all. Still would rather not do it though :blush:

Peanut hope you are feeling better soon is your scan tomorrow?

Sounds like we all love our hot baths. I used to come out like a boiled lobster. OH would get in after me sometimes but would have to wait an hour or two and would cope.

Oooh yes Peanut was all wrapped up in myself - yours is tomorrow!! Cant wait to see baby nut :flower::flower:

yes i used to cook myself in the bath!, read in there for an hour or so, and top it up with hot when it started getting cool(or warm), baths arent what they used to be these days thats for sure!.

Peanutbean, my boobs are alot less sore now y'know!.

Yes my OH is such a child too, he would find a No2 escaping hilarious and i too would never live it down, so childish!

It's quite bizarre isn't it, there's the whole wonderful process of child birth and men manage to focus on the pooping bit!!

I don't think the options for water births in my area are that good. My friend wasn't able to have one recently because there was already a girl in the one birthing pool.

Lol i'm counting the hours til Friday! You're up first Loopy.

Water birthing is excellent here. The team have a bunch of pools for home births and there are two pools at the hospital and then a birthing centre but that miles and miles away so I wouldn't go there. I had no problem getting a pool room when I went in last time.

The migraines are a killer, wish I could take ibuprofen. :( My nausea is back at full speed again as well! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->