Mother of all conception months Graduates

Sorry for those with colds. I'm doing so badly today. :( Always feel so guilty if I don't get enough work done but I'm just dying on the settee here. Must take the dog...

Meant to say earlier best of luck for tomorrow peanut,can't wait to see your pics.
Feel so bad for you that you're sooo ill all the time,don't know how you're functioning at all.Were you like this last time?and did it go away or were you sick for the 9 months?
Anyway good luck tom.xxx

Thanks vbaby. :flower: Technically I was worse last time, at least I've definitely been managing better with more commitments so I think so. It lasted right up to the birth. Very much hoping that won't be the case this time.

I have 5.5 months of work left to get through.

youre doing very peanut, id be too scared to leave the house if i was feeling sick as you have been!.

What time is your scan tomorrow??

I keep thinking it's half 3 but it's only 10 past.

Thanks ladies. You're all so kind.

You must be so excited Peanut, i'm sure everything will be perfect with your little bean tomorrow.

Then you'll be in second trimester, i wish i could fast forward to there already :blush:

Lol madcat me too! I suggested if we want a third we might want to adopt to save me doing this again! Still crashed on settee. I've regressed to channel five afternoon film. I'm emailing from my phone but I should be working on some policy documents. Boo. Might try doing some of my coursework. That counts. Just want to sleep though.

i think sleep sounds like your better option!. Its alright for the men isnt it not having to go through this pregnancy lark and the worry, adoption sounds like a good idea!
Ive just sunk another ice lolly!

Thanks vbaby. :flower: Technically I was worse last time, at least I've definitely been managing better with more commitments so I think so. It lasted right up to the birth. Very much hoping that won't be the case this time.

I have 5.5 months of work left to get through.

Hopefully this time will be different,my 1st was the worst but nowhere near as bad as yours but it all disappeared by 16wks,maybe your baba will cut you some slack in a couple wks!!x

Lol madcat me too! I suggested if we want a third we might want to adopt to save me doing this again! Still crashed on settee. I've regressed to channel five afternoon film. I'm emailing from my phone but I should be working on some policy documents. Boo. Might try doing some of my coursework. That counts. Just want to sleep though.

I said adoption after my last labour and delivery!!pregnancy I don't mind,its the end bit I don't like.I lay there wondering how we could have our 3rd child when there was no way in the world i was ever doing that again!!
Funny how we forget!!

Would you girls who have given birth before say it was a bareable pain? (unless of course you were drugged up and wouldnt have known anyway).

I dreamt last night I went for my nxt scan and they told me it was a boy,wonder if thats a sign?Most people say they think i'll have a boy,wonder am I destined to live in a housefull of men for the rest of my days!!!
The more I think about it the more I think i'd quite like it,dh would be responsible for bringing them out to footy matches and stuff and i'd have the house all to myself!!Blisss!!
Cannot wait to find out sex!!Is everyone else finding out too?Anyone gonna wait for the surprise?
I think even though I was slightly hoping for a girl,have it in my head its a boy,so really warming to the idea!!Oh roll on scan!!

Would you girls who have given birth before say it was a bareable pain? (unless of course you were drugged up and wouldnt have known anyway).[/QUOTE

Everybody feels things so differently,and has different pain thresholds.With oran I had no drugs,well pethidine but I wouldn't call that pain relief!!!
I just had gas and air for last 20 mins or so.I suppose the pain was bearable in that I'd a wee break in between each 1,but I was fairly screaming and shouting and swearing at the midwives:blush::blush:not in my nature at all!!
With Shay I got my epidural when I was 4cm's,the pain was very bearable for me at that stage and I was still havin a bit of fun and in good form,whereas my sil was screaming and wailing the ward down at 2cm's!!So very different for everyone!

I think the hard bit is not knowing how long its gonna take.If they were
able to tell you,right this is gonna last for 2 hrs,then you'd just get on with it knowing there's an end in sight,but you just never know when things might slow down or even even stall.Thats why I think the epidural is great for 1st labours,coz you're prob talking a good 10-12hrs once in established labour!

I Certaintly wouldn't worry about it,you just do it,and then its done!!!!and then you forget,and here seriously big wuss here is doing it a 3rd time so it couldn't be that bad!!:dohh::dohh:

Awww loopy great pic.
Spent time with head in the loo this morning. Nausea has stuck around all day

Well it's bearable as I'm alive! As someone who suffers migraine and had glandular fever I've always been better with stamina, iyswim, but after about 30 hours of 5 min apart contractions I'd definitely reached my limit. I agree pethidine isn't really pain relief it just sort of calms. God I'm welling up over the feeling of having nothing left to push with once I'd finally dilated. :cry: I tried to not push because I was beaten but even then the body makes you. I totally remember it all so vividly. The labour kind of breaks down into chapters with me, much of the same divided by going to the hospital, in the pool, out the pool, getting pethidine, going on the drip, epidural, begging for ventouse...

I can't tell you how pushing feels as that I didn't get to try. But it's different for everyone, every time. For the first 18 hours or so I was ok, except for the impending doom of moving to hospital and not progressing. But the pain was manageable. I had some gas which I didn't like and don't think does much, but got the epi at about 30 hours and the pethidine a little while before then.

Boo Molly. :hugs:

Vbaby with Byron I dreamt all these mad dreams about not managing to find out the sex! This one dream I was holding the baby up under the arms and panning slowly downwards, nearer and nearer to seeing the sex then just ad I got there I woke up! :rofl: I think you dreamt baby's a boy because you're wondering if you're going to be in a house of boys!

We'll be finding out the sex and I'm hoping for some nub action tomorrow.

Can't believe how sad I still get s out byron's birth. :(

eugh the head in the toilet moment has returned everything but chunks, chunks might make me feel better

I dont know what to think really as far as the pain goes (obviously). The MW i saw asked me if id had any thoughts about it at this stage.
Part of me thinks a water birth would be good, as i have read it does help with pain relief and im quite a water baby anyway, but then the hospital only has one pool and was told there is a chance it might not be available when i need it. Originally i was thinking Epidural, and just hardly feel anything at all, that might be better for me. The only thing i think that might be out is G&A, because alot of people have told me & i have read that it can make you feel and be sick, and with me i'll be honest with my phobia im more scared of being sick than i am giving birth!

It's all quite overwhelming choice wise isn't it. I'm totally undecided about the birth in general just now. Just as well I've still got another 30 odd weeks to decide.

I've got such a sore back today, don't know if it's pregnancy related or if I slept funny but it's pretty uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->