Mother of all conception months Graduates

if u need a c section a GA will have u on your feet asap under observation. they can give you something for sickness, its morphine and fentinal that tend to make u sick. there are other options. I'm weird i love GAs

can you not make up your mind what pain relief you want if any when youre going through it??. lol:dohh:

if u need a c section a GA will have u on your feet asap under observation. they can give you something for sickness, its morphine and fentinal that tend to make u sick. there are other options. I'm weird i love GAs

Ive never had a GA before, never been operated on or anything, i dont know how i react to it, but yes i was definately have to let all concerned know that id need anti-emetic drugs, the thought of being sick is more than i could bare.

Sometimes i think a c-section would be alot quicker, you would know when :baby: was due etc etc, but i know they dont 'let you just have one' and i know the recovery time is alot longer.

its prob the same recovery time as a 4th degree tear.
I've had 3 GA's all elective scasriest was the first as i am a control freak and wasn't told it was going in so woke up screaming as i had no idea where i was lol.

Course you can choose on the day most people will change their mind thousands of times.

Madcat I was sick three times during labour. DH was excellent at getting the bowl, everyone else was busy. It wasn't gas that did it, just being in labour.

I think the important this is to know about the options, the effects and risks, and be flexible. You just don't know how that birth will be. Complications might dictate for intervention, an easier time might mean less is needed to help you through. As a general rule the less intervention you have the better as everything has a risk, then work your way up the scale as needed. I don't think I ever thought about pethidine but I was given it. I suppose I must've consented.

God DH came home with southern fried chips he'd got fir me specially only I had normal fries for lunch in desperation so he could've just gone to the shops tomorrow on his day off. I just wept. Stupid hormones. He's got food in the oven and is now out with the dog. I feel like a total waste of space.

hugs peanut you are doing your best and thats all that matters.
He's happily looking after you, your carrying his child so deserve the best care plus when your energy is back you will be doing 15 things at once

i think youre right peanut, plus its something i need to talk about more nearer the time to the MW about. I think if i could know for sure that id recieve antiemetics-that would ease my mind alot, i think i need to make sure that that is made quite clear in my notes.

Madcat having worked in theatre I know it comes with the meds its very normal to have it. but as was said before people do vomit with painand all that pressure/movement. you will havemore important things on your mind than being sick i promise. you'll cope lovely.
I know I have never given birth but I know theatre

Hi Ladies! *waves like a mad person at the screen* Sadly, c-sections are VERY common here and sadly YES in America you can pretty much pick when you want to deliver the baby based on your due date. It's pretty disgusting. It's almost as if c-sections are encouraged. (Just a rant from a crazy lady, but it seems like most of the people I know have had them.) I hope to have 100% natural home birth. we'll see....

I'm due for AF in 2 days now. All tests to this point all bfn. Hope you all are doing well. :hugs:

Hey mrsmmm! I always get excited seeing a ttc name in the thread in case it's an announcement. Hopefully it will be soon!

Well today is ultra-day. Hoping I've a wriggly bean with two arms, two legs, a head, a heart, a spine etc all nice and healthy. But I've got allllllll day to wait.

I've just woken but DH is off today so is still asleep. Think I'm going to have to eat pringles. Felt a lot sick through the night.

Morning Peanut :flower:

I'm sure everything will be perfect with your little bean today. Remember and update us with a nice picture later :hugs:

Hey all, dont know what ive missed, its been a while since i have last written on here!! hope you are all ok and that the pregnancys are going well... i finally got my appointment through yesturday!! my booking appointment and scan are on the same day 3rd november.. woohoo cant wait :) xx

Peanutbean, thinking of you at your scan today, looking forward to seeing the pic! x

ohh peanut what time.

Are we going to move the thread onto 2nd tri in a months time or stay here?

Still trying to fihure work post baby out but think ihave a plan

It's at 3.10 Molly. We don't need to move the thread as it's pregnancy discussions not trimesters.

What are your thoughts so far on work?

I'm getting none done today. I am useless.

It's at 3.10 Molly. We don't need to move the thread as it's pregnancy discussions not trimesters.

What are your thoughts so far on work?

I'm getting none done today. I am useless.

im supposed the be cleaning our bathrooms, hoovering and taking some recycling to the bins, well i havent done any yet, partly because i dont have the motivation and partly because when ive bent down to do things this morning ive ended up gagging. So lazy, i really need to get to it now!

lol apart from being there for 1.30 today.
As Idon't get great Mat leave but would only want to go back part time. i'll use 4 weeks of my 7 week holiday entitlement. have 6 months off so back just before christams i will have worked 2 in a row so will be due that one off.
and work 2/3 days during the week and every other weekend ans my dad is happy to look after baby. just don't want to ask to much of him. I am now looking at nurseries. Yay. i stillplan to start my Health and social care degree when I have finished my NVQ 3

Hi ladies,no news from me today!all is quiet,just the way I like it!
Good luck again peanut will be logging on again later to see how you've gotten on.x
Madcat I didn't feel sick with the gas and air,I thought it was great actually!Spent a good couple hrs havin a good giggle in between contractions!Kept saying how we needed to get 1 for the house,and it was great I could drag it to the toilet and all with me!!
The pethidine did make me feel sick though,didn't throw up but felt soooo nautious I just didn't like it at all,plus felt completely off my head and out of it!
I did vomit after delivering shay but didn't get sick at all with labour or delivery with oran.
You're so right in that the best thing you can do is go in with an open mind and decide what you want and when you want it when you're in the position.
Before shays labour I had loads of ideas and plans,they all went out the window when I was there in the middle of it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->