Mother of all conception months Graduates

Well it's bearable as I'm alive! As someone who suffers migraine and had glandular fever I've always been better with stamina, iyswim, but after about 30 hours of 5 min apart contractions I'd definitely reached my limit. I agree pethidine isn't really pain relief it just sort of calms. God I'm welling up over the feeling of having nothing left to push with once I'd finally dilated. :cry: I tried to not push because I was beaten but even then the body makes you. I totally remember it all so vividly. The labour kind of breaks down into chapters with me, much of the same divided by going to the hospital, in the pool, out the pool, getting pethidine, going on the drip, epidural, begging for ventouse...

I can't tell you how pushing feels as that I didn't get to try. But it's different for everyone, every time. For the first 18 hours or so I was ok, except for the impending doom of moving to hospital and not progressing. But the pain was manageable. I had some gas which I didn't like and don't think does much, but got the epi at about 30 hours and the pethidine a little while before then.

Oh no peanut,sounds like you had a very tough time,did you end up with a c section after going thru all that?

That all sounds good Molly. I only get stat pay which is rubbish but I refuse to be off less than a year. We'll just get into debt. :shrug:

No vbaby in the end I dilated. They were very surprised, said everyone had bets on a section for me. :wacko: Had to be assisted though as I couldn't push at all. Couldn't feel where or how. Byron was delivered by ventouse in the end. There's more detail in the first post of my preg journal.

oh dont mention debt. Im so peed off at the moment. We rent out our old house, we were pursuaded that it would be a good investment for the future.

had nothing but payment delays from our tenants, 3 excuses this month and then they come clean they have both lost their jobs in the pub they worked in (they were fiddling the money).

So they cant pay this months rent(we have given them a months notice to get out), obviously there will be no-one to pay next months rent when we are between tenants, if we find someone for the following month the agent takes their cut out of the 1st months rent.

We still have a mortgage on the house. DH has worked so hard doing loads of overtime, it was going to be our nest egg for xmas and :baby: in april, now his over time is paying for a 2nd mortgage again after these stupid people let us down(again).

I originally wanted to sell the house, but all involved wouldnt listen to me:cry:

Aw,you poor thing,I must take a look at your journal.
I managed to push my 2 out myself thank god,but with shay the epidural had me feeling nothing at all so I just couldn't push.They put me on the oxytocin drip and kept turnin it up and turning it up,to go from feeling nothing to feeling that was pretty horrific!
Jesus the relief when he was born,I was begging and crying for them to give me a section or use forceps,i just wanted him out.When I think of the profanities I was screaming at them i'm mortified:blush:
Suppose they're used to that!x

I was more desperate than rude I think. Did you have assistance?

No,managed to get him out,but they were screaming at me that he was in distress and I had to get him out,and the pain was so severe from the drip,I knew the only way it would stop was if i got him out.Would have gladly taken a section at that stage,thats how bad it was,gt him out after 35mins of oushing so wasn't too bad.
Oran was out after 6 mins of pushing!!It was great!You'll have a much better experience nxt time.x

I really hope so! It really couldn't be very much worse, for me I mean, Byron was fine throughout so I'd rather go through that again than have a baby in distress.

I feel quite nervous. Have to start drinking now though I had a cup of tea a short time ago so will be bursting in half an hour anyway! Think will sip. I think with Byron I forgot to drink til near to the time anyway and it was ok. I feel a bit shaky and my heart is going a bit fast! I really don't know why I'm feeling so anxious. I'm so sleepy and my head hurts though so maybe I really am just unwell. I was bad all day yesterday and off colour last night; DH and I wondered if I have that bug he had (it wasn't the milkshake in the end, just coincidence!).

I really hope so! It really couldn't be very much worse, for me I mean, Byron was fine throughout so I'd rather go through that again than have a baby in distress.

I feel quite nervous. Have to start drinking now though I had a cup of tea a short time ago so will be bursting in half an hour anyway! Think will sip. I think with Byron I forgot to drink til near to the time anyway and it was ok. I feel a bit shaky and my heart is going a bit fast! I really don't know why I'm feeling so anxious. I'm so sleepy and my head hurts though so maybe I really am just unwell. I was bad all day yesterday and off colour last night; DH and I wondered if I have that bug he had (it wasn't the milkshake in the end, just coincidence!).

i hate this feeling before the scan, far too many nerves and worries just before hand. Im looking forward to getting mine on sunday out of the way too!!.

Ooo i dont like the sounds of these birth stories though!

Good luck again,I think we're all nervous when we're about to see baby for the 1st time.You're certaintly not getting all this nausea and sickness for nothing!!!
Hope you get a good nub shot!!
chat later.xx

Don't worry madcat,every single birth story is so different,and for all the horror stories there's a nice pleasant 1 too!I've a few friends who went in,got their epidurals,had a wee snooze,got told when they were 10cm's and they just pushed baby out!!They couldn't understand what all the fuss was about!!!You could be 1 of theselucky ladies!x

i really hope i am, i dont want to be there for hours on end exhausted and wanting to give up in pain. your friends birth sounds like my sort of birth!

:wave: Ladies,

I have been MIA for a good few days :dohh: mainly due to work but yesterday was Olivers 5th Birthday so I have been very busy with his birthday preparations :) His birthday party is tomorrow!

So glad your scan went so well Loopy sorry I wasnt around to wish you goodluck :hugs: I think we both have `shy` beanies cause we only got a back and bum shot too :lol:

I have posted in your journal Peanut hon......cant wait for an update :)

madcat hon vbaby is right every birth is different :thumbup: Olivers birth was a nightmare but it hasnt put me off one bit.....I think once you go into labour you know its the beginning of the end iykwim and you are going to meet your baby soon all dignity goes out of the window honestly.....The amount of people who peered at my nether region whilst I was in labour was cringe worthy but you just dont care! In the way of pain relief I had a tens machine to almost fully dilated and then I had gas and air, I was still walking around at 9cm diluated and everyone commented on how relaxed I was :dohh: I was then persuaded to have a pethidine shot at 10cm to take the edge off the pain and well after pushing for nearly one hour everything went downhill and I ended up having an epidural, nearly having a c-sec and Oliver was delivered by ventuose in the end! Oliver was in the wrong position so everytime I pushed he moved further and further out of position and my stupid MW should have realised this but she didnt :growlmad: I was taken to theatre as I was `maternally exhausted` I was in slow labour from Monday lunch and eventually delivered Oliver at 2.45pm on the friday after eventually been admitted to hospital on Thursday at 11pm. I couldnt do anymore on my own and so the plan was c-sec however my ob gynae wanted to try ventuose 1st and a little while later Oliver was born. He was rushed to neonatal because he had trouble breathing and he had a problem with his lung, we found out this is common for a baby born to a diabetic mother and when they took his sugar levels they were thru the roof. It was thought that I had gestational diabetes although my tests during pregnancy were never totally conclusive and very conflicting of one another. Oliver was 10lb 5oz when he was born and I was told in future pregnancies I would need close monitoring because if a subsequent baby was bigger I wouldnt be able to deliver naturally :( I want a natural birth this time around and under no circumstances if it can be avoided do I want a c-sec. I will go with the tens machine again and hope my baby shells like a pea :rofl: This is all of course providing I am not diabetic because if I am a c-sec or early delivery may be my only options :( I have my 1st GTT at 16wks! My birth was the pits madcat hon but I cant explain how I feel other than that the thought of labour excites me!

Oh madly,your birth sounds awful too,but we just keep coming back for more!Same here,bit of a nightmare for both but more than happy to do it all again coz they're worth every minute of it!!
God Oliver was a big baba!!Mine were 8lb1,and 8lb9 so tiny in comparison!
Hope you don't have gestational diabetes,I was tested both times for it coz there's diabetes in my family but luckily I was grand.
This birth will be lovely and quick for you and baby will shell like a pea i'm sure!Fair play to you for getting to 9cm with just a tens machine on your 1st!You must have a high pain threshold!!
Happy birthday to Oliver,hope you all have a lovely day tomorrow.x

Yeh madcat a few of my friends have had a really easy time of it,they would do it all again in a heartbeat.For me I said there was no way in the world I was ever doing it again!!Then my kids just do the cutest things and I love them sooo much,I think well maybe I can do it 1 more time!But this is definately the last!!!!!

:rofl: No tbh vbaby I dont have a high threshold of pain at all :dohh: however after having Oliver my DH promised he would never say my pain threshold was pants again :lol: and do you know he never has!

madcat get yourself to the hospital as soon as labour starts and demand everything they can give you :thumbup: unfortunately the reality is you more often than not spend as much time as possible at home before leaving for the hospital :wacko: so by the time you get there they wont give you owt. I would highly recommend the tens machine though esp for 1st timers when labour tends to be longer! I am hoping for the shelling the pea method and also the `in....push.....out` routine too. I was in for one whole week with Oliver, never again I tell you!

yes, see i wouldnt want to go to hospital too early and to only be sent back again, id want to be sure it was definately labour and be sure if i went id be staying until :baby: was out!

Ya see madcat I am going to be exactly like that this time too cause I hate hanging about waiting in hospitals which was why I came back home on the thursday aft before I had Oliver when I was 3-4cm because I was wayyyyyyyyyy off and didnt want to wait about for hours on end staring at the labour suites fours walls.

I'm out and there is a baby in there! Only got one pic (5 copies didn't realise they were all the same) but was free (so saved a tenner) in return for doing nuchal training. I'm 13+1 so a day more than I thought plus, best of all, baby is right at the top confirming it as movement I felt and I felt more when the probe was pressed in! Proper update on my journal when I'm home.

so glad it all went well and :baby: is squirming away in there!. really pleased, looking forward to your pic!. Did they say much durring the nuchal bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->