Mother of obese children pregnant again **the sun **

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sc...hildren-is-pregnant-for-the-seventh-time.html

This is the follow on about the lady who has been told her children could be taken away for being obese is pregnant again..

Whats your views on the whole thing ?

With regards to that family then theyre just a huge disgrace. Shes lazy, couldnt careless about her childrens welfare etc, so shouldnt be blessed with another child.

However, on the subject of obese children in general. As a child who became overweight from the age of 9, i think that it cant always be helped by parents. My parents could have done a lil bit more, but id have gone against them, and found the food & treats from else where, pocket money etc.

im an obese person(although im trying to rectify it) but i make sure the kids eat healthily..i dont want them to end up like me however as fedup says if kids want it theyll find ways of getting it

i know it's not always 100% the parent's fault if the child is obese, but i think the children should be took away if they aren't obese because of any health problems and the parent's have already been given intervention methods to help & they ignore it.
it is abuse to the child i mean they probably don't have as good health as they should, & their self esteem is more than likely affected because they may get teased at school & their area.

I agree i mean when i was younger if i wanted junk food i wound find away to get it so its not always 100% the parents but they could make sure they have good food at home, and the fact it seems to of been going on so long SS/SW have given up it makes it seem like the parents dont care or dont want to change things to help them selfs and there children

I agree that kids of a certain age will find junk food if they want it. But a child of 3 years is only going to eat what is provided for them!!
I think it is terrible she is having another child when she clearly isn't taking care of the ones she has.

With regards to that family then theyre just a huge disgrace. Shes lazy, couldnt careless about her childrens welfare etc, so shouldnt be blessed with another child.

However, on the subject of obese children in general. As a child who became overweight from the age of 9, i think that it cant always be helped by parents. My parents could have done a lil bit more, but id have gone against them, and found the food & treats from else where, pocket money etc.

I agree. She is lazy and a terrible parent.

When I was 11 my mum and dad moved to a new town. Like that isnt already hard for a child they moved at the worse possible time. Just a month before I broke up for the summer holidays so I had nobody. I ate and that became my life for 7 weeks. By the time I moved to my new school I didnt have any confidence. My mum and dad both worked and although they used to stop me eating rubbish 24/7 I had my ways around them and this is why I have a huge issue with food now. I cant eat a square of galaxy I would want to eat it all so its all or nothing. I am still struggling with my weight. I do slimming world on and off and I lost 2 stone just to put it all back on again and be unhappy. This kind of life isnt what I want for my girls so instead of be like that awful excuse for a mother I shall try with my girls and encourage them to eat that banana rather than that chocolate. They have balanced meals and they eat crisps and chocolate but in moderation. Moderation is the key and something I was never taught to learn. Believe it or not some parents feed out of love.
I wouldnt wanna see my children like that when they are older and on the flip side I wouldnt wanna make them develop and eating disorder so it wont be pushed too far.

She is just a sorry excuse for a parent and doesnt deserve to be one!

I agree. She is lazy and a terrible parent.

When I was 11 my mum and dad moved to a new town. Like that isnt already hard for a child they moved at the worse possible time. Just a month before I broke up for the summer holidays so I had nobody. I ate and that became my life for 7 weeks. By the time I moved to my new school I didnt have any confidence. My mum and dad both worked and although they used to stop me eating rubbish 24/7 I had my ways around them and this is why I have a huge issue with food now. I cant eat a square of galaxy I would want to eat it all so its all or nothing. I am still struggling with my weight. I do slimming world on and off and I lost 2 stone just to put it all back on again and be unhappy. This kind of life isnt what I want for my girls so instead of be like that awful excuse for a mother I shall try with my girls and encourage them to eat that banana rather than that chocolate. They have balanced meals and they eat crisps and chocolate but in moderation. Moderation is the key and something I was never taught to learn.
I wouldnt wanna see my children like that when they are older and on the flip side I wouldnt wanna make develop and eating disorder so it wont be pushed too far.

She is just a sorry excuse for a parent and doesnt deserve to be one!

Agree 100%
Stories like this really make me sad :cry:

With regards to the obesity. There are many reasons a child and their family could be obese. There is diet is not the only contrubting factor it could be gentics for all we know. The whole family is obese so it could well be genetics combined with teh food they eat. Instead of condeming her maybe she should be educated on the importance of a healthy diet, how to cook etc. For example sure start run cookery lessons to teach familes how to cook and eat healthy.

As for her childrens behaviour that could also be linked to their diet. So instead of taking the children away from her which will be just as damaging to them mentally. Educate her and try and not screw these children up more than they already have been
xx

its the children i feel for
i completely agree that as a parent she should be doing a lot more for her children like cooking healthy meals taking them to the park instead of putting them in front of the tv
but those poor kids have had ss walk in and say life that they know is wrong and they must change thats got to be really horrible for them
i think she needs to stop having kids and work towards making a healthier happier better life for the kids she has

I am gobsmacked.

She is vile.

Her hubby has a heart problem, cant be that bad if he is :sex:

V xxx

No comment, this is one of the worst things about a privalaged western society, I cant even bare to look at this woman she is not even worth the pity. Her poor children will probably follow her example.

Those poor kids. Not only do they most likely get bullied at school for being over weight but to be called TELLY-TUBBIES in a newspaper for everyone to see I think is DISGUISTING.
Kids can be cruel..but you know what...adults can be worse!!

With regards to the obesity. There are many reasons a child and their family could be obese. There is diet is not the only contrubting factor it could be gentics for all we know. The whole family is obese so it could well be genetics combined with teh food they eat. Instead of condeming her maybe she should be educated on the importance of a healthy diet, how to cook etc. For example sure start run cookery lessons to teach familes how to cook and eat healthy.

As for her childrens behaviour that could also be linked to their diet. So instead of taking the children away from her which will be just as damaging to them mentally. Educate her and try and not screw these children up more than they already have been
xx

I actually know of this family through someone that's in contact with them and they really have been offered all this. I don't agree with taking the kids away, but I really don't know what else they can do short of having a person there to constantly police what the kids are eating.

Disgusting. Tantamount to child abuse IMO. Its not fair to expect someone to babysit their bone idle parents 24/7, i think the children should be removed. They have been given enough chances. There is no other option.

Just curious,do you think that overfeeding a child to the point it affects their health is neglect?

I'm sorry to say genetics don't come in to play with obesity, it's a myth. It's simple over eating. There is a possibility one of adults may have some condition, but it's very unlikely the whole family has it.

I friend of mine is one of the scientists who found the so called "fat Gene", and yes if you eat to many pies you get fat some quicker than others!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->