Motivation Group

Scottishgal - You doung atkins diet still?

Iv decided to do a high protein diet kind of food i enjoy the most, so had to lower my carbs a fair bit. I was looking on boots & seen atkins stuff was high in protein. So do you eat alot of protein?

yeah im still doing atkins.
you only really eat protein, veg and 20g of fat a day. no carbs.
its working. ive lost 8lbs in 5days so far
if you need any help let me know :)

im not sticking to, too low carb or fat.
just cutting it by half on carbs, barely eat that much fat anyways.
that's not bad like.

sounds good.
i cant remember all the reasoning behind it all but people concentrate on calories and fat but things that are low fat are high in carbs which is harder to burn.
cant remember but its something like that :shrug:

i see. Im going have to have good look at asda online.
recommand anything?
you tried atkins stuff? I was thinking about getting some bars.

i dont eat any atkins stuff, didnt even know they did it.
i just make the food from scratch

orite :wacko:
well i find it easier to make the meals myself
its simple stuff :)

Am going to do my first work out of the week today! Ive worked everyday since wednesday and have today and thursday off, so those are my work out days. Dont really know what to do with myself today. Its too hot to do much so will just cycle for 1hr maybe 1hr 30mins if I can be bothered! I figure 8hrs of running around at work is enough exercise at the mo. It did lose me 2lbs last week! Hows everyone else today?

Hi Ladies

Can I join please? My eating has got totally out of control recently. I always eat more at certain times of the month, if you know what I mean, but for some reason I haven't been able to stop eating once that time is over. My weight has been steadily climbing and it's time to nip it in the bud!

I'm currently 13st 3lbs and I don't have a set target as such because we're ttc so I'd like to think that I'll get pregnant and have to stop dieting at some point over the next few months. In the mean time, I want to shift some of this excess weight and I think it'll help having like minded ladies to talk to! I'm going to set mini-goals instead so I'd like to be down to 12-10 by the end of July - that's 7lbs in about 4 weeks (bearing in mind that I'm on holiday for one of them).

I'm not following any specific plan - just eating less and exercising more.

Do you have a set day when everyone weighs in or do you all just do it as and when it suits you?

xxxx

:hi: hi ellieb31, will put you on the main page now, we used to have a weigh in day but everyone kind of has a different one now, so just whenever suits you :thumbup:

im ok inge, not long up so away to make some bfast but i weighed this morning and this week i've lost......

10lbs
:wohoo:
im so chuffed :)

got a week and a half to lose as much more as i can :)

My day off was so boring!
I got home (my mums) at 12, she'd gone to town so I did 3 loads of washing, vac'ed the house, hung out washing, washed my work clothes,blankets the lot. Then I did 40mins bike and sat down! Then I walked the 1hr walk to OH's house and am waiting til he gets in at 10pm. I cant wait to work tomorow. Its opening day and apperently sainsburys is getting all 450 members of staff in to open up, so we should have lots of mouths to feed :happydance:

Thanks Scottishgal - and OMG, that's an amazing weightloss for one week! Congratulations! What kind of diet/exercise plan are you following?

Inge, it might have been boring but at least you got a lot done - and probably burnt loads of calories in the mean time! Hope you aren't too exhausted from feeding all those people today!

Day one of being on a diet didn't go very well for me! I was sensible during the day (omlette for lunch and tuna jacket and salad for dinner) but I couldn't help munching on some Minstrels while I was watching tv. Whoops! Must try harder today!

im on the atkins diet. im trying to lose weight quickly for somethin thats coming up so only had a couple of weeks to do it.
i dont do much exercise- running around after a baby, exercise dvds when i can be bothered and the odd walk

I've always been quite against the idea of cutting out carbs but the results speak for themselves!! I think I could cut out potatoes and pasta with dinner quite easily but I'd really struggle with the bread at lunch time. Do you just end up having salad for lunch every day? And I'd heard that people on Atkins get headaches and stuff but maybe it's worth it for that kind of weight loss!

i havent had headaches or things but i struggled the first time i tried this diet. only lasted 5days (lost 6lbs)
there is good reasons behind it. things low in fat are made up with carbs which are difficult to burn.
yeah just a tuna or ham salad. can have a bacon and egg omlette. chix salad, something like that.
i didnt eat properly before so i found it quite easy. was only really eating one meal a day.
can make chilli with extra veg in for dinner with no rice. or a bolognase
home made burgers, chicken, fish and veg.
it is a bit repetitive but im only doing it as a short term thing.
after the first week you can add in other things but im not doing that.
once you reach your goal weight you then add carbs back in slowly until you start to gain weight again, you then know how much your body can tolerate.
my weightloss will slow down now and i know that but still got to push myself.
its my brothers birthday today so im having a cheat day but will try not to eat too much.
and then i will be really strict with myself again till next friday.
i feel so much better though. bread and pasta and things are so bloating and thats all gone.
i drink lots of water and take vitamins as well
:)

well done scottish gal!

i had problem with my scales, explained in my thread.

An 8-2 shift and my feet hurt! I was given a box of chocs and wine as a gift from my boss today :dohh: Theyre Lindt chocs and Ive eaten almost half already! My day of is tomorow so I'll do 1hr bike maybe 1hr30. Maybe shoppimg with my mum? Not sure yet. Today was exhausting! I just wanna have a hot bath and chill out:blush:

Hi everyone,hope your all donig well!

Can i join please? :blush:
I really want to loose a few lbs but i have NO willpower at all!
I cant fight cravings and i find myself eating constantly :nope:

xx

im on the atkins diet. im trying to lose weight quickly for somethin thats coming up so only had a couple of weeks to do it.
i dont do much exercise- running around after a baby, exercise dvds when i can be bothered and the odd walk

Obviously iv head of Atkins but what does it entail?
How does it work?

Really fancy trying this but not a clue where to start :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"