Movement + first baby + anterior placenta

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
This is only pregnancy that made it to second tri for me. I know people say most women feel movement 18-20 weeks with their first, but I have an anterior placenta. I was wondering if anybody who had one could share when they felt movement. I read if by 24 with AP you don't feel movement to call a doctor, but I'm getting impatient for that reassurance

I've had anterior placenta both times - I started to feel small flutters around 18 weeks with my first. Bit earlier this time.

It's not my first baby, it's actually my 4th, but I have an anterior placenta and honestly, this time I didn't feel anything that I would have recognised as baby movements the first time I was pregnant until 20 weeks.

I actually felt him at 16 weeks but the movements were very weak. I only knew what they were because I had already had 3 babies.

I had anterior placenta with Rio and didn't feel him til about 21-22 weeks. I have felt rushing type movement this time from quite early but it seems to have stopped now. I had a scan yesterday that showed my placenta is anterior again! So that may explain the stop in movements. I'm quite sad really, I can't wait to feel him more it's such a special feeling. Hope you get movement soon!

Ty! He is definitely kicking in there. He did a nice, strong one at my gender scan. My brother was shocked (we watched the DVD together) that I didn't feel anything. He sees it as a good thing and I know sometimes it can hurt and be uncomfortable, but I want it lol.

My first baby had an anterior placenta and I felt first kick at just over 20 weeks x

I have an AP and felt her right over 19 weeks. Now I'm 24+3 and feel her all the time.

Dobby youre exactly one week behind me! I have an AP with this baby (my second) and I only feel faint movement on my extreme sides. Am hoping for more feeling soon too! Congrats on making it this far and (by faith!) all the way to the end!

Glad it looks like it's only a few more weeks out. I really appreciate the responses.

Msbene, I think I get those too. Waaaay off in the corners and really low. It feels like bubbles floating and popping, which a coworker said is not gas it's the baby. But I only faintly feel them and they go as quickly as they come. So who knows. I'm not counting it as official that goes in the baby book movement though hehe

I had anterior placentas with all of my LO's. My first I felt movement at 20 weeks. 2nd= 21 weeks, 3rd= 14 weeks.

I had an anterior placenta with my first and remember telling them at my 20week scan I hadn't felt anything and the midwife said not to worry

I was probably 24-26 weeks before I felt movement with my first, and I had an anterior placenta.

Yes I first felt movement way low and off to the sides. As the weeks have gone on though now I feel her all over, even right in front on the placenta.

How do you ladies know when it is gas, weird circulation, or baby moving lol. I get these feelings down there and I seriously don't even know what my body is up to anymore

I've had an anterior placenta twice, and I felt those babies at 16 weeks. My other three, I felt in first tri. My sister didn't feel her second-born (also anterior placenta) until around 24 weeks. This is kind of funny information because this baby was born weighing 11lb8oz, and he wasn't exactly small even at 24 weeks along. I think you're doing just fine. No worries. If you tend to feel wiggles at around the same time every day, it is probably baby. They set schedules pretty early on and like to dance for us at regular intervals - minus growth spurts when they're quieter. :)

I have not had an anterior placenta in the past, felt movement at 17 weeks and 12 weeks in my first and second pregnancies, respectively. I felt flutters from 10 weeks with this pregnancy, however when they couldn't find the heartbeat at 12 weeks tthey did a scan and typed anterior placenta in the report. No one talked to me about it. I have continued to feel light movement since, but not often and it is almost always down and to the side.

I felt my first proper kick at 16 weeks and maybe a small roll last night, but these seem more in the middle and on the other side. I am sure they will confirm my placenta position at my anatomy scan at 20 weeks.

I of course have the benefit of having had babies before and can recognise the difference between gas and baby easily. Soon you will know for sure as baby gets bigger and stronger.

My first I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel noticeable movement until about 22 weeks.

I had anterior placenta twice. With ds1 I thought I was getting feelings from about 18 weeks and confirmed that at the 20 week scan. With ds2 it was late, past 20 weeks - it is incredibly frustrating especially as I was high risk I had to look out for reduced feral movements. I ended up buy a Doppler for reassurance. Finally I was getting side kicks and lovely cervix kicks x

It seems to me you are feeling LO now! Those little fluttery feelings you describe are baby! And they ARE faint and quick at first! There is plenty of room in there right now for your LO to swim around in. Which is why it's so quick and sporadic. I have an anterior placenta this time around and I'm further along now, the movement eventually is as strong as being pregnant with a posterior placenta. Eventually your LO will be big enough that he/she won't give you a choice on feeling it. Your belly will bounce and you'll feel like there's an alien trying to kick its way out. :haha:

I didn't feel a thing until 22 weeks with my son and an anterior placenta, at my first scan the lady said I probably wouldn't feel movement until later because of it, when I told my midwife she called the hospital and complained they shouldn't be telling people that... I don't know why because it's true... the placenta is cushioning the blows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->