Movements at 21/22weeks

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Hi ladies
This is the first pregnancy that's gone this far so I'm not sure what to expect really. Over the last week I have been notcong more prominent "bubbles" which I know are baby kick. He has had a quiet day but then the next day locked again quite a bit.
anywsy today again barely any movement jist maybe one pop in morning and one pop just now. I've had ice cold water and lay
In my left side for an hour to see if that will help.

I'm just worried he's not okay? Or is this normal? When will I feel proper kicks so to speak?

Thanks

If you've only just started to feel movement, then I wouldn't be too worried about the frequency or pattern just yet, as long as you feel some movement at all in the course of a day. This is my 2nd, so it's easier because I know what it feels like. I've had regular movements from 13 weeks (that bubbles feeling), but I would say I've had hard proper kicks for about the last week or so (I'm 20 weeks). I felt it from the outside for the first time today. If you don't know what to expect though, especially depending on how your placenta is lying, it won't be as obvious to you. I would think definitely by 24 weeks, you should feel proper kicks. But everyone is different. As long as you get some movement, even if little at this point, that's fine. They don't really ask you to keep track of it too much before 28 weeks, so there's a long time to go before then.

Thanks at my 20 week scan they checked my placenta and said it was posterior and on the right? My mum came with me and said what she said was good-normal I can't really remember :/

For me what works is having something sugary and/or caffeinated like Coke (I keep some in the fridge purely for this purpose). Ice cold drinks don't really work that well until later in the pregnancy when everything's really squashed up, otherwise it doesn't really touch baby yet. But I agree that if you've only recently started feeling movements, then as long as you feel baby every day I wouldn't worry too much about frequency. It'll get stronger and more frequent over the coming weeks. But I do know how reassuring the movement is so any lack of it worries you! Try the Coke or something else sugary, also a big meal can do it (raises your blood sugar) but obviously give it a while to work.

That sounds normal if you've only just started to feel movements. When they're so tiny it really depends on the position they're in as to how much you feel. If they're facing towards your back it's harder to feel. They do also have a sleep-wake cycle and more active days and more quiet days. It's not until third tri when they're bigger that you're usually asked to stay aware of their movements as by that stage they're big enough and strong enough for it to be a more reliable indicator of their well-being.

I'm at the end of 19 weeks and I've been feeling movements since around 11 weeks - it's my third baby. At first it was very sporadic and now it's daily, but even so, some days I'm so busy rushing around with my older kids that I miss most movements. I'm not worried - by the third time around I know this is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->