Moving on in the journey from ttc

Wow starry I can't believe due date is 2 weeks away!!! How has that happened so fast ��!!
You all seem to be ticking along quite nicely here; can't believe how fast the time seems to be going!! We have had such beautiful weather so been making the most of spending it at the beach (we're only a 10-15 minute walk away so it's been nice!)

We're getting ready and sorting out things for our holiday at the end of July!!! Mia has such a beautiful summer wardrobe, I'm a little jealous.

Oooooh by the way - tested this morning faint pos on a one step and it's not even GREY it's pink and the OH can see it!

It's not picking up great on a photo, we'll retest on Wednesday/Thursday and see what's happening then. Trying not to get too excited xx

Eeeeeeee that's great news :)

I've accepted your requested for the Facebook group :)

Wow starry I can't believe due date is 2 weeks away!!! How has that happened so fast ��!!
You all seem to be ticking along quite nicely here; can't believe how fast the time seems to be going!! We have had such beautiful weather so been making the most of spending it at the beach (we're only a 10-15 minute walk away so it's been nice!)

We're getting ready and sorting out things for our holiday at the end of July!!! Mia has such a beautiful summer wardrobe, I'm a little jealous.

Oooooh by the way - tested this morning faint pos on a one step and it's not even GREY it's pink and the OH can see it!

It's not picking up great on a photo, we'll retest on Wednesday/Thursday and see what's happening then. Trying not to get too excited xx

OMG :happydance::happydance: I really hope this is your rainbow!!!! Keep us posted.

I would love to live 10-15mins from the beach. I'm so jealous haha

Will do a test Wednesday/Thursday time. trying not to get too obsessive or excited though. Which is sooooo HARD!! Arghhh lol.

Symptoms : Fatigue, Sore Boobs (never get this even when AF is due), a heavy feeling in my uterus, nausea the past 2 nights okay in the day so far and a spotty chin!! Erghhh xx

Little One - sounds like this could be it for you! Hope the lines on the tests get darker!

MariahsMom - the nursery is sort of ready. It's ready in that we will be moving baby into our son's room but we still need to work on our son's new "big boy" room before we can do that. My parents have agreed to help us paint the new room whenever they do decide to come. We're having the baby in our room for a few months anyways so no huge rush. The nursery will need a bit of retouching but nothing big. The biggest is getting new blackout blinds. Right now we simply have put up blankets over the window. The nursery is a Peter Rabbit/Beatrix Potter theme. My mom is making a decorative cushion but otherwise we are handing down the quilts and other items to her from DS. DS will be getting a Lightning McQueen room. :)

Yes, it'll be interesting to see how DD's crystal ball is working, haha. I don't have as strong a feeling about it this time as I did when pg with DD...I was sure I was having a girl.

As for her name suggestions...no surprise, she says we should name her Mary. A lot of her toys are named Mary also, lol.

Starry, sorry you're in so much pain. :( Hope LO comes right on time...or maybe a little before. :) And that the next two weeks (or less??) fly by. I'm getting so excited to see your news when the time comes!

Sounds like your DS should LOVE his room! Do you think he'll adjust fine to being in a different room?

Good grief I can't believe that like your dad truly expects you to tell him when the baby is coming? He knows how this works right??? Even if it was meant tongue-in-cheek, that's still not cool. :( I'm sorry you're having to deal with that situation. I'm happy you have your church family to help take care of you. :)

Little_one, I posted on fb but I wanted to say here too...yayyy I really hope this is your rainbow. That's wonderful that you can enjoy the beach so much. Isn't it so much fun buying clothes for a little girl? I'll shop for her before me any day. It's hard not to get carried away.

AFM, not much going on here. Can't believe I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow. I was getting worried that I hadn't noticed much tummy growth in the last few days, but then some ladies commented on it at work, so I felt better, haha. I feel like I'm not going to have a very cute bump this time, lol. It just seems like I'll definitely carry differently somehow, but who knows. Maybe it's just how the beginnings of a bump look the second time (never got far enough along to really have any body changes last time). Other changes: I think I'm starting to sleep better (knock on wood), starting to have frequent nosebleeds (had these with DD also), and I think whichever was the boob that didn't grow initially has finally caught up with the other one that changed earlier in pregnancy. *lol*

Oh and I hadn't had weird dreams in a long time, but last night I dreamed I was running from terrorists. O_O

eyemom - it seems to take forever for the bumps to pop out. And once they do you can't get them to stop growing. ha ha It won't be long and you'll be getting those annoying "are you sure it's not twins?" and "you look ready to pop any day" remarks. I was showing a real bump around 14 weeks but didn't truly pop until around 20 weeks this time around.

My bump is definitely not cute this time as I have a flap of skin from my previous section. I am carrying similarily to DS though. Forwards and low. It's how my mom carried. Though she escaped the stretch marks and I look like a tiger. Rawr!!!!

And I sort of get why my dad is hesitant to book flights just yet. My OB won't induce me until I'm 42 weeks which is June 12th. If they come on the 7th as planned my dad won't be around at all for the baby as he can only stay a week and my mom won't be here to help as long afterwards which is the whole reason she's coming. Sometimes I think he's trying to be funny. And he is bit of a control freak but is the sort to leave things to last minute to account for anything unforseen. My DH is a control freak too but likes to plan ahead and have things set in stone well in advance. So I have my dad refusing to book exact dates and then I have DH saying "just tell them to pick and that we're expecting them on those dates". ha ha Rock....meet Hard Place.

Yeah I look at pictures between 20 and 22 weeks for me first time around, and the difference is crazy! I've heard you really show about one month earlier with subsequent pregnancies, so if that's the case, I may already be just a little ahead, and I should have a decent bump in about 3 weeks or so. :)

Haha starry that's a tricky situation. I do see both sides. Sorry I didn't mean to make your dad out to be a villain. I just imagine it can be stressful to be in the middle! It'll work out one way or another. :)

If that's the case I'll be showing by 7 weeks! :rofl: I had a bump at 11 weeks with Tristan!

Well, I had a lil somethin by that point, but it was kind of like maybe she's been eating more snacks...not like oh there's a baby in there *lol*

And I'm realizing I wasn't clear. I showed before 22 weeks for sure, but the change from 22 to 24 weeks looked and felt really dramatic compared to other week-to-week changes.

Here's just an edited screenshot from an old facebook album:
https://img15.imagefra.me/i35k/missinformed/hkb5_e2e_uavlm.pngUploaded at ImageFra.me

I was showing at 11 weeks but had a bump bump at 16 weeks :)

https://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/kjordanj/Snapbucket/F90621FC-66BE-4392-A6F1-C0B77268285F_zpsidc3ix6w.jpg

Awh I love the bump pictures :) they are wonderful to see . I didn't take one every week now I'm sorry . Ah well something to remember for next time round ;)

Starry that sounds like a good plan to me. Why not put them to use again! When we have the next one, we will be saying the same thing.

Wow Eyemom & BB you girls stayed pretty small throughout your pregnancies. That's awesome. Can't wait to see your bump pics from this pregnancy when your girls reach that stage.

Eyemom I remember when I was 15-16wks and my belly looked very awkward as well. I have a "iney" belly button and it just mad my belly look so odd but not it's perfectly round. Who knows, maybe yours will look like your belly did with DS.

Oh yea 3 MORE DAYS UNTIL VDAY!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

Nice to see everyones updates and the bump pics are cute. I've hardly taken ANY this time lol.

Yay for nearly being at V day mariah's mom :)

I'm 26 weeks tommorow and just wish I could fast forward to a safe baby in my arms. I'm also on double digits! 99 Days to go :)

Yeah I look at pictures between 20 and 22 weeks for me first time around, and the difference is crazy! I've heard you really show about one month earlier with subsequent pregnancies, so if that's the case, I may already be just a little ahead, and I should have a decent bump in about 3 weeks or so. :)

Haha starry that's a tricky situation. I do see both sides. Sorry I didn't mean to make your dad out to be a villain. I just imagine it can be stressful to be in the middle! It'll work out one way or another. :)

No worries. I was pretty upset with my dad at the time so I'm the one who painted him as a villain. The question was quite annoying. I needed my friend who knows him to point out the rational explanation. LOL Dang those hormones.

RE: bumps - I have a 'bump' photo of me from this pregnancy at 8 1/2 weeks but I think it was more of the "I haven't pooped in 4 days" than actual baby bump. In the beginning I have a hard time telling the difference between bloat and true bump but with all of my pregnancies...even the ones I lost...I was out of my regular pants by about 8 to 9 weeks. I definitely had a bump with DS and this one by about 14 to 15 weeks though under a sweater it looked like I had too many cookies. Though I probably had....:blush: It's one of the joys of a winter pregnancy. Your bump is fairly hidden until you're suddenly huge. And since I carry low I can get away with regular shirts until I'm fairly far along. I was 20ish weeks before I had to completely switch to maternity tops even though I was in maternity jeans by about 12 or 13.

Aw left yeah maybe try next time. ;) I *think* I'm going to do better this time (though I've scarcely taken any pictures at all so far...maybe when there's more to see?). Realistically, I think I'm probably going to be crap at pictures this time around. :( Even last time I was still pretty inconsistent, especially toward the end. And those are the ones I really wish I could look back at.

Mariah, WOO HOO, V DAY is right around the corner! :dance:

Unexpected, yay for double digits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"