Moving on in the journey from ttc

I've been trying stimulation and raspberry leaf tea. If I had a birthing ball (or even yoga ball or heck, a giant throw pillow) I'd be bouncing up and down on that non-stop. lol

My main comfort is baby is moving really well so I know she's OK in there. Though the little minx has me a little concerned that she'll flip breech at the last, worst possible moment. lol I am feeling her push her head against my pelvic bones quite a bit like she is trying to get out. But my false labour has gotten her deeper in so hopefully she's stuck there! I could feel her head with every bump of the car over the road today.

Anyone else's hormones through the roof in the beginning?

I have to stop myself from crying on more than one occasion during the day. I'm terrified of losing this baby. I'm scared that hubby is going to find someone else. I'm having awful dreams. I'm so paranoid about everything. I have no reason to be. My husband is an amazing man and we are in a good place relationship wise right now. I wish my mind would give it a rest!

Sounds typical, I'm afraid. I remember the hormones started even before my bfp. We had gone to a church picnic the week before and I was just so surly and snappish with DH. I wanted to cry the whole time and was just miserable at what was supposed to be a fun and special day. A week later I found out I was pregnant and suddenly it all made sense.

With my first 2 pregnancies I got the really kinky dreams but the previous two I've got the nightmares. Like, make you cry for days horrific nightmares. This time my dreams have really just been super bizarre though I have gotten a few horrible dreams. Last night I dreamed I went hiking with Mr Bean in an indoor arboretum owned by my best friend (who doesn't actually own an arboretum of any kind).

The best thing to do is to remind yourself the fears are the result of hormones and do your best to convince yourself they aren't true. Talk about it with your DH if you can. A good cuddle can do wonders. I have had the same fears of my DH leaving when there was no reason. I also often felt like I hated him and everything he did irritated me. So I had to explain to him why I was so churlish but that I didn't mean any of it and loved him very much. He said he knew it was the hormones.

afm - still pregnant! Got some more cramps last night and some were strong enough I had to put down the crossword I was working on as I couldn't focus through the pain. Of course, they stopped by this morning. But now I definitely feel baby's head and lost another huge chunk of plug. My son's early/pre labour was very start and stop over a period of several days so looks like this is going to be the same. I hate the drama though.

Aww BB poor thing. I know exactly how u feel. I agree 100% with Starry and it is natural to feel that way after everything you've been thru. Once anyone loses a baby, the chances of being relaxed during a pregnancy are NEVER. I was scared shitless until I got to viability, and even know I'm just praying I stay pregnant long enough to increase her odds of survival...hopefully one day soon we will all be looking back at this thread (while holding our babies) and reflecting on our journeys with our rainbows! :)

Starry- sounds like things are moving along for u. Could be anyday now! WOOO WHOOO!!!

Bb normal unfortunately !!! I had some many thoughts of how best to harm my oh lol ....... I took myself to bed early so many nights because EVERYTHING I mean EVERYTING he did irritated me and I was so so irrational . Was like PMS on steroids !! Just remind yourself its all part of the journey , it will pass and you are normal ! Tears n all !!!

Just thought I'd share a picture of the end result sitting beside me :) its so worth it !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 2
:happydance: Beautiful :)

It's definitely hormones. My husband is being amazing at the moment. Such a great support network. We are in a great place right now so my feelings are totally irrational!

I've told my child-free friends that pregnancy is like 24/7 PMS for 9 months. lol It does get overwhelming.

Looks like my May baby is now officially going to be a June baby. I was kind of figuring that's how it was going to be but still disappointed. My original prediction was a June 3 birthday. We'll see! This start and stop stuff is driving me crazy. Tonight the cramps have been extremely painful and most are now lasting a full minute but are only every 10 to 30 minutes apart. Definitely too soon to go in.

Can you borrow a ball? I found bouncing really moved my labour along with Tristan.

I had some awful dreams last night. Really vivid. I dreamt that I had bugs in my pillow and bugs in the plug socket. At one point I screamed, leapt out of bed and put the light on. Scared poor hubby half to death!

My stomach muscles are so sore from being sick!

Also it looks like I've started to get small varicose veins at the top of my legs :(

It really is like bad PMS for 9 months that is exactly how I would describe pregnancy!!

Brunette - Sorry you are still feeling rotten x

Left - He is gorgeous!! Good job I'm pregnant or I'd be feeling mega broody lol.

Starry - Hope contractions get closer together and more intense and that your lil lady is here soon x

Mariahs Mom - Thats a lovely way to look at it. I really do think we will be able to look back at this thread with our rainbows in our arms :)

As for me I've given in and booked a 4D Scan for tuesday! Can't wait to see what she looks like

unexpected - how exciting! Enjoy your scan :)

brunette - yikes! I hate those vivid dreams. One of the horrific dreams I had with this pregnancy was getting stabbed in the stomach and my stomach hurt all the next day and the fear lasted several days. DH really had to talk me down from that one. :blush:

afm - stupid contractions won't regulate! I managed to get a few hours' sleep but they woke me up in the middle of the night. They're strong enough to keep me awake but there is zero pattern to their intensity and timing. The excruciating-feels-like-the-real-deal cramps are about 10ish minutes apart and the "I guess that's uncomfortable" ones are about 3 to 6 minutes apart and rather short.

My contractions never fully regulated with DS so I guess I should go when the excruciating cramps start to get closer together and come more than one at a time (they are usually interrupted by mild cramps). Debating whether or not to go to church this morning. 1) Will get a lot of teasing about "no baby yet" and 2) don't want to go into real labor in the middle of service. It's a small church and I hate creating commotion.

Left, your little guy is so precious! <3

I keep hoping that, since we haven't seen anything from Starry in so long, that things got moving. Thinking of you Starry! :thumbup: I am curious if you went to church though!

bb, sorry about the crappy dreams. I had a dream one night that my DD swallowed batteries and it didn't go well. :cry: Mostly my dreams are just weird, but that one was awful.

AFM, I was about to post about how I'm all freaked out about not feeling movement. But mayyyybe maybe I just felt something. I need to feel it again to be sure! ;P

I know I've posted about feeling "something" in the last several days, but I wasn't 100% convinced. But then yesterday, nothing. I was 17+2 when I first felt my DD move. It only took me a couple of days to decide that was for sure what I was feeling. I've always heard you start feeling movement sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I'll be 17+2 on Wednesday. This is just too nerve-wracking. I guess if I really did feel something a week ago, that would be true for me. But I'm going crazy that I'm just a couple of days away from this milestone for #1, and still I'm not totally convinced about it.

Try a laying in a warm bath. That always worked for me!

Starry any updates?

Left, your little guy is so precious! <3

I keep hoping that, since we haven't seen anything from Starry in so long, that things got moving. Thinking of you Starry! :thumbup: I am curious if you went to church though!

bb, sorry about the crappy dreams. I had a dream one night that my DD swallowed batteries and it didn't go well. :cry: Mostly my dreams are just weird, but that one was awful.

AFM, I was about to post about how I'm all freaked out about not feeling movement. But mayyyybe maybe I just felt something. I need to feel it again to be sure! ;P

I know I've posted about feeling "something" in the last several days, but I wasn't 100% convinced. But then yesterday, nothing. I was 17+2 when I first felt my DD move. It only took me a couple of days to decide that was for sure what I was feeling. I've always heard you start feeling movement sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I'll be 17+2 on Wednesday. This is just too nerve-wracking. I guess if I really did feel something a week ago, that would be true for me. But I'm going crazy that I'm just a couple of days away from this milestone for #1, and still I'm not totally convinced about it.

It really could be just a matter of positioning. Also, 17+2 is still pretty early. The old saying, "every pregnancy is different" is used a lot, but try not to worry too much. I know that is easier said than done.

:hugs:

Thanks for the reassurance. In the November thread, seems like all the ladies are feeling things by now. Early on, when we weren't so far along and so many said they felt movement...let's just say I was dubious b/c I don't really think it's possible to feel movement that early. But now that it's actually feasible, I am getting anxious! I also don't want an anterior placenta even though I know it's perfectly fine/normal. I just don't want to miss out on those feelings!

How are you doing MamaT?

I felt Tristan at 16+2. It was definitely him. I'm hoping I don't have to wait longer this time. I need the reassurance!

How is everyone today?

I'm good my little man is so tuned into EVERYTING now . Every stage is like getting a new gift ! I could happily spend hours just sitting with him :) but have to put him down sometimes or you won't be able to see us for the pile of washing lol............. I'm so loving being a mammy x

AF has gone and I keep blooming forgetting to temp in the am to see what is happening with my cycles . Ill try to remember tommrow !

OMG girls I had the biggest scare this morning. So around 4am I was woken out my sleep by cramping. My stomach was cramping bad. I woke DH up and he was so worried. I was thinking "NOOOOOO, we've made it this far with no problems. Why!!!!!!!"...so I sat there abt to cry and guess what happened??? ((TMI)) I started to pass gas for at least 30mins and I had diarrhea. I can't believe it was GAS hahahaha. DH & I immediately started laughing. I was so relieved.

I know I've been M.I.A and it's because my grand mom is in hospice and it looks like the end. We have to travel to Florida to say goodbye :( I wasn't that close to her but that's only because she lives in another country (she moved to Florida 2yrs ago because she was diagnosed with cancer and the US has better healthcare). So I will be traveling from today until Friday and I pray I do not go into labor there :( UGH I wish I didn't have to go but I do. I'm just so worried!

:rofl: Thank goodness for gas!

Sorry about the bad news :( Hospices are lovely places. DH lost his Nan back in April. She died in the Hospice, it was such a lovely place and the staff were amazing. I hope everything goes as well as it possibly can :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->