Moving on in the journey from ttc

Starry how scary!! Glad your home though. Try and rest if you can. Let DH do dishes etc.

Eye that is awful. Keeping my fingers crossed for your friend!

Starry - Poor you! That all sounds terrifying. Glad you are home ok. Thinking of you

Eyemom - Will keep your friend in my thoughts and hope baby stays in for as long as possible

eyemom - thinking of your friend!

I don't know if the anxiety is related to the anemia or not. It could be, I suppose. I have had an anxiety disorder since I was a child though. I was 9 when I had my first panic attack. I think it's genetic as I had a stable home life and my mom says she was that way as a child too. I mean, a cup of coffee can trigger an attack. How I'm feeling really reminds me of how I felt coming off of the pill. It felt like a constant impending heart attack. This is sort of similar. Got a bit of the blues at the hospital but it makes sense: separating a woman from her newborn is going to wreak havoc on her hormones!! I missed my son, of course, but I was going CRAZY not having my baby there.

Starry that must have been so awful for you and so hard being separated from Hannah . Being anaemic really effects your heart and heart rate so maybe it did have something to do with how you felt . In addition you have worried every day for 10 months eying to hold on and keep hopeful ... Its no wonder it bubbled over , all that worry and stress had to come out somehow , somewhere !!!! Hopefully now you will slowly begin to feel " safe " again xxxxxxxx

Aww starry that's horrible. I'm sorry that you are going thru this. I know it's frustrating because you just want to enjoy baby Hannah but now you have to deal with this. *HUGS*

Eyemom- I will have your friend and her baby in my prayers. I really hope things work out.

I had my first panic attack-free night and it's such a good feeling. :) Hannah was a monster though. Wanted to feed every half hour from 12 to 3am...even after a bottle. I never really thought babies clusterfed after formula but my DD is definitely one to do that. And when she wasn't feeding she wanted to be held. But after the 3am feed she finally settled and we got about 3 1/2 hours straight.

My stomach shrunk a lot overnight so feeling a bit sore though. Well, a lot sore, actually, ha ha. Waiting for the strong painkillers to kick in.

I had my first panic attack-free night and it's such a good feeling. :) Hannah was a monster though. Wanted to feed every half hour from 12 to 3am...even after a bottle. I never really thought babies clusterfed after formula but my DD is definitely one to do that. And when she wasn't feeding she wanted to be held. But after the 3am feed she finally settled and we got about 3 1/2 hours straight.

My stomach shrunk a lot overnight so feeling a bit sore though. Well, a lot sore, actually, ha ha. Waiting for the strong painkillers to kick in.

That's great Starry!

So random, but my daughter informed me this morning that bras are for "baby suckers" LOLOL

Wow. That is so cute. LOL I love the stuff kids come up with.

Bladder infection picked up again and I thought I peed blood so was back at the hospital and am waiting for results (it will take 24 hours to determine if blood was from urine or was lochia mixed in). If the pain comes back I will probably need a stronger anti-biotic. Not sure how that will affect BFing.

I am home now.

Glad you're home! I hope you can catch a break now! Hope if you have to have another antibiotic, they can find something else that will BF-friendly.

They should be able to find an antibiotic that's safe for BF. I had infection after infection in my episiotomy. I can't remember what they have me but they were quite strong.

Hope you feel better soon.

GEEZZZ Starry, poor thing...I hope everything settles down!!!

Eyemom- OMG 18wks already? Time is flying by...lol @ "baby suckers" that is HILARIOUS!!!

Starry ya poor thing hopefully you feel better soon , is your mum here yet ??
Mariah almost 27 weeks !! 4 more and your into single figures .... Exciting :) I so hope your enjoying being pregnant now after all the worry . ( although I don't think I ever totally stopped worrying until baby was here )
Eye 18 weeks where did the weeks go ? 2 weeks and half way there yahooooo .

Cary not sure if your still stalking but if ya are , thinking of you x

Yes, my parents are here. My dad already goes back tomorrow though. I hate when they go home. We did paint the spare room this weekend so not much longer and my DS' "big boy" room will be ready. I'm so pleased with how the colour turned out. I'm also feeling much better. Saw the doctor today and my blood pressure has returned to normal. Now just to get Hannah to sort out her days and nights, ha ha.

Awh good girl Hannah keeping mammy on her toes ;) delighted your feeling better starry over the next few weeks you will be like a new women !

So last night, the movements REALLY picked up! The hardest and most obvious and most continuous kicks yet. And then more this morning. I think s/he was getting tired of me rolling around as I was trying to wake up, lol. Like I just got comfortable, Mom! At least one I was able to feel from the outside! After a lot of movement, it's like it actually makes my uterus sore. I don't remember that from before.

eyemom - aw, that's so wonderful that the movements have started to pick up. I think we get more sensitive to movements and cramps and other pregnancy sensations with the more pregnancies that we have. Hannah's movements hurt me too and I don't remember that from DS at all.

afm - Hannah only woke up once last night! :happydance: I hope she does it again. lol We're going into the city today though to do some necessary errands and drop my dad off at the airport. We'll see how that affects things as we try to set up a new routine/normal for our family.

What is it like so far going from one to two? I'm very nervous!!

Glad to hear your feeling lots of movement Eyemom :)

Looks what's outside my door tonight . A double rainbow maybe its a sign ;) lol...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
Left- YESSSSSSSSSS 27wks in 3days. I'm so thankful to be this far!

Eyemom- that's so exciting! See I told you 18wks would be THE week where kicks would start to pick up!!! I hope I don't experience the sore uterus like u, that sounds annoying! I'm so happy that you are getting that reassurance that lil eye is doing well!

Starry-t that sucks that dad is leaving already :( BUT AWESOME that Hannah slept pretty much the entire night. I hope I have that luck.

AFM- I am having such a hard day. I can not catch my breath at all. Even when I get into a comfortable position where it sort of helps the breathing, I get this annoying pulling around my shoulder blade! The shortness of breath has never been this bad. Laying on my side does help but Brooklyn keeps kicking me haha!

DH got me up off the couch and did some stretching routines. OMG that helped so much. I'm still a little out of breath but I'm glad he was here to suggest the stretching!!! :) This stage in the pregnancy is beginning to be just uncomfortable!

Have any of you ladies felt this way around 27-28wks? Or is it just me :wacko::nope:

Yup remember it well ! Its something to do with your diaphragm being constricted . It was not a very nice feeling not feeling like he could breath ! Good news is its perfectly normal and goes . Its just a stage :) the sholder pain can be trapped wind !!! The pain get a deferred to your sholder for some reason!! Lying on my side for the not breathing bit worked too but always felt like I just couldn't catch my breath !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->