Moving on in the journey from ttc

You girls are the best and idk how I would've made it without you all. Yes the emotions are flowing but they are definitely good emotions at this point. I just hope things continue on the right path...

Left I hope that I don't go over haha. And make sure you a glass for me as well! Drink up.

Actually one of my friends sister just gave birth to her son. Her and I were both 7months. So scary. He is this 3lb baby and seems to be healthy considering. They said he should be able to come home in August! It's a little reassuring that her baby was fine even though he was born early! Baby Brooklyn needs to listen to mommy am STAY IN LONGER lol...

Drink a glass for all of us. Though I bought some dealcholized wine today. I use it for some of my recipes but it's fairly tasty so I steal swigs here and there. ha ha

Mariah - it won't be long and you'll be saying "come on out, baby!" But yes, for now she needs to stay inside and bake a little longer. And it's OK to cry for your angel. She will be with you always. The preciousness of her memory will one day outweigh the sadness (though the sadness will always be there a little).

afm - Hannah is still pretty fussy but she's no longer crying all day. I have been filling her tummy more and that seems to be helping a little. I do need to top off most feeds with an extra ounce of formula to do that as I don't always have time or energy to let her nurse for 50 minutes straight. I will probably switch to straight FF after a few months. She still had some gas issues though, poor dear. She has been starting to fart a bit more and she usually calms down afterwards.

Awh its great to here Hannah is coming along :) tbh I think I should have topped Sean up with ff when bf as now he is on ff he is much more settled all day . He is so contented and rarely crys at all . He was much fussier when being bf so I am wondering if he ever was truley full :( poor dote .

I think if it was like "old days" where you could sling the baby across your boobs so s/he could suckle as you went about your chores then I think more ladies would be able to nurse longer. Not all of us have such powerful letdowns that baby is done 5 to 10 minutes later. Seriously, some of my friends only need to nurse that long and baby is full. When baby needs to suckle 45 minutes each time you NEVER get anything done. Hannah can feed anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours apart though usually 2 hours apart during the day. With 45 minute nursing sessions there isn't much time in between to do anything especially as I need the bathroom just before and afterwards and I still wrestle with her to get her latched. I feel like all I do is feed her and there is an (almost) 3 year old in the house. My mom is here for one more week and then it's all me. Also, DH starts a new job next week and it will be the first time since I was a parent that he will be out of the house 40 hours a week. I'll be completely on my own for the first time in 4 years. Bottle really frees up a lot of time and is more effective at filling Hannah's tummy.

I do plan on having BF for awhile longer yet though. But I can't see it going much past 3 months...if I make it that far. I do prefer FF. It's hard not to get anxiety attacks BFing (not sure why...) and with already being hospitalized for anxiety I'm not keen on provoking it.

Hi ladies. Sorry it's not a proper catch up, but wanted to bring you up to speed. Some subtle (or not ;)) changes to my signature today. :)

Yay!!! a little girl!!

So happy for you, can't believe you are nearly 20 weeks!

So lovely to see everyone doing so well and with their rainbows on the way or here. Who'd have thought we'd get this far :)

Just a lil update from me. I will be 30 weeks tommorow. I can't believe it! All my appointments have been going fine. Bump measuring spot on. Lowish blood pressure but not too bad. Getting very excited to meet our little lady and have started working on her nursery.

Heres two pics. Won't keep them up too long for privacy reasons but the second one is a pic of almost 30 week bump and my lil boy and then a cute picture I took today of him kissing my bump. He's 20 months and obsessed with my bump!

Excuse the fact I cannot get the that photo the right way lol

Attachments

• 10390111_10154255220000084_5346801306774260422_n.jpg
    10390111_10154255220000084_5346801306774260422_n.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 5
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 7
Unexpected you look amazing !!! And what a cute little boy you have . You must be seriously getting excited now :)

Yahooo eye a little lady :) a sister for your little girl who will have someone to go shopping with when they are big ! ( a brother would have been useless for that lol )

Hey ladies, seems like I've missed a lot!!!!

Eyemom- OMG I knew it and I said it! I knew you were having a girl. I'm so happy for u! And you will be 20wks in 6days :) Time is just flying by!!

Unexpected- you and your son are adorable! You look great for 30wks!! Pregnancy looks AMAZING on you! 30 is huge and so reassuring! Congrats!!

Starry- you're so right abt me wanting her to "come on out". I think I've reached that point! I am just sore and uncomfortable and forget sleep lol. I'm glad Hannah is doing well. I know you had a rough month (physically & mentally) so I'm hoping that things will continue to get better!

BB- good luck with your scan tomorrow. Because u have the Doppler I know that everything will go great. I know appts just bring on anxiety. Even this far along I'm always a nervous wreck right before an appt!

AFM- I am at the point where it's getting hard to walk without gasping for air or needing to sit down. I'm so thankful I've made it this far, it's just so new to me. I'm better with situations where I kinda know what to expect. But other than that I've been having a very uneventful pregnancy. Baby Brooklyn moves & kicks all day and I love it.

Here's a pic of us! Not the best but I wanted to show my ladies! Seems like only the belly pic will upload :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2
eyemom - congrats on another girl! I'm sure your DD will be thrilled even if she won't be able to play dolls and tea party right away. ha ha

unexpected- you look lovely! And I love that dress

Mariahsmom - I love that bump!

BB - good luck with your scan!

afm - still adjusting to my new family. I really do have a baby that cries all day. It honestly takes her 1 1/2 hours to go to bed at night. At least I got smart yesterday and started the routine at 10:30 and not midnight. She's sleeping right now. Yay!! Her 2 week check up was yesterday and everything is looking perfect. She's surpassed her birth weight now and the doctor was pleased that I'm at least BFing part time. No heck for the fact she gets formula part time.

DS is going to be going for speech assessment though. The doctor thinks there are definite signs of delay but so far no real sign of hearing impairment or any other developmental concerns. He didn't say it, but basically ruling out autism. DS will be going for a hearing assessment just in case though.

I had the same thing with Tristan. They never mentioned the A word but I knew that was what she was hinting at. His speech is now brilliant! I found nursery really really really helped!

Sorry Hannah isn't settling, does she maybe have silent reflux?

Shoot this is what happens when I read threads before I have time to reply to them. I forget to go back and reply when the thread is marked as read. :dohh::dohh::dohh:

Bedtime though. Catch up tomorrow. <3

Thanks ladies for the compliments...

Starry- DH & I were just saying that we hope Brooklyn is not a cryer. We both are so chill and laid back, I can't imagine how we'll adjust. DH is super excited and can't wait until Brooklyn is here. He says he won't mind the crying but I have a feeling he'll change his position once she is here haha. At least you have a routine. When Brooklyn gets here I'm sure I will be asking for your input.

That's good that the doctor has ruled out autism. I hope his appts go well and there are no serious delays. My cousin was the same way when he was younger; he didn't really talk until he was 6 or 7 but now he is a fully functional father. Just remain positive!!!! :)

Unexpected- omg 30wks!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

AFM- nothing new other than IM 28WEEKS :happydance::happydance::happydance: Brooklyn did this karate kick/punch combo when DH was feeling on my belly. SO PRECIOUS!!! I go for my glucose test this week. Not looking forward to it because I've heard nothing but horror stories lol. How was everyone's experience?

Here's a full pic for you guys!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 5
Mariahs Mom - you look positively glowing! So beautiful! And here's your first glucose non-horror story: I like the drink! It's a bit more sugary than I normally like but it's otherwise like orange pop. I guzzle it down really quickly and it never has made me sick...even when I had to take the 3 hour test.

I was going to write more but Hannah is starting to screech and it's high time I fed her again. I think I'm starting to figure her out. I need to keep her belly full, full, FULL and then she is a lot happier. She's still bit of a fuss-bucket and still hates her bassinet but we get a lot more happiness and sweet-time cuddles. Bed time "only" took one hour last night. She went down after a second big feed. I basically have to nurse one side, change her, nurse the other side and then stuff her with formula. She takes almost a full feed. I do worry about my milk supply but hey, she's getting something.

Mariahs Mom, first off, HAPPY THIRD TRIMESTER! :happydance: How's your friend and her preemie baby doing? Still well I hope. AFM, yeah, two girls! It'll be fun. I can't believe I'm coming up on the halfway point. SOO MUCH TO DO between now and when she comes, ahhh. Glad things are going well for you overall. An uneventful pregnancy is the best kind right!?!? Love feeling those movements. I just wished I could record those memories so I could relive them over and over. I also thought the glucose tolerance test was not bad at all. I went in dreading it because I too had heard horror stories. There are different flavors of drink, and I think some may be better than others, but it does seem like orange is the most popular??? There's also lemon lime and fruit punch and I think I've heard the odd story of some other flavors. It's kinda like a flat soda or maybe a melted popsicle or something. Also, I don't think I've seen a full pic of you before. Girl you are gorgeous. Lovely bump too.

Unexpected, congrats on 30 weeks! Seems like the last 10 weeks are like the home stretch. Hope time doesn't start moving in slow motion as the EDD approaches. :) Glad to hear your appointments have been going well. What's her nursery like? Love your pics. Your DS and you are both adorable. Also I loooooove your dress!

bb, I was so happy to see that your scan went well. <3

Starry, haha yeah DD is super excited right now. We'll see how the reality plays out, but I think it'll be really good. Right now she's always loving on my belly and talking to it. Yesterday when I went to pick her up from my mom's house, I sat down on the couch and first thing she did was get down by my belly and said, "I just want to spend some time with my sister." <3

Glad you're getting to that point where you and your DD are starting to figure each other out. It's such a challenging process. I think around that time was when my DD would need to cluster feed. And it was around bedtime too. It did get better. Glad her Dr appointment went well. Hope your DS's appointment goes well. I know I am biased but it's not impossible...any possibility of a vision problem? I've seen a few kids (a small number but enough to make me think) who had high prescriptions, and once they could see better, all the other stuff started coming quicker too. I guess it's hard to talk about stuff you can't see well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->