Moving on in the journey from ttc

Mariah's Mom - Hello! I've been lurking and reading everyones posts just feel like I haven't had much to update on.

I've had a rotten cold for the last few days so been struggling and doctor diagnosed me with really bad anaemia but every time I take an iron tablet I vomit it up so I'm seeing the midwife Saturday and will speak to her about it. Just feeling sorry for myself over here lol.

It's so lovely to see all you ladies doing well and the pregnancies progressing all at different stages. It's nice just to read the updates.

I officially finish work tommorow at 31 weeks and that means hopefully I'm in the single week countdown only 9 to go! and then Friday it's only 2 months till my due date.

Now for individuals -

Mariahs Mom- Can't believe you are almost 29 weeks! That picture you posted is lovely you look beautiful. Definatley a blooming and blossoming pregnant lady :)

We don't have the GD test in the UK! Well we do but it's not routinley done I don't think unless they have any concerns.

Sweetz - Lovely to see you!!!

Left - Sorry to hear about your DH but it is fantastic that he sought help and is hopefully on the road to getting himself feeling in a better place. You are NOT being selfish at all. I wish you all the best with TTC and hope to see you pregnant here again soon!

I honestly wish I'd been honest with my midwife and doctor after my son was born. I was very down and depressed for the first few months but I was too embarassed to seek help. I had a rough delivery and it REALLY knocked me for six and I didn't bond with my son straight away. Luckily I seemed to snap out of it after a couple of months but I wish I'd been brave enough to ask for help.

I honestly couldn't tell you where time goes my son is 20 months and I just think 'Eh, how did that happen?!'

Starry - I dried up my milk just by wearing a tight bra and nursing pads. It seemed to work but I never really established feeding so it's probably different.

Glad to read you are starting to figure lil Hannah out a bit better. I enjoy reading your updates as it will be me in a few weeks trying to establish a routine with two etc.

Eyemom- I totally get that feeling. I'm jealous every time someone has their baby before me because they have theirs safe in their arms. I'm still a worry wort now about everything.

So glad to read everything was ok at your appointment and that the SCH is gone

Honestly it sounds soppy but reading all of these updates makes me weepy in a good way lol

Brunette- Glad to read all of your good updates too and so happy your scan went well and that you'll be able to tell people soon :)

Unexpected I feel for you with the iron tabs they can play havoc with your digestive system . I was prescribed them after birth as anaemic . Wasn't very pleasant but if you can drink oj it can help .

Spinach is also great for iron as is trail mix. Been eating lots of that! Anemia is awful and it can make any feelings of anxiety and depression worse.

Last night was a bit rough. Nights are still so hit and miss. Hannah went about 3 to 4 hours between night feeds which isn't really bad but she was fussing in her sleep which made it impossible for me to sleep. It's good in that it teaches her to self-settle (which she did) but that night-fussing was so frustrating. She would give a sharp little cry which would wake me up but by the time I knew what was going on she was snoring again. I know she needs to do this in order to learn how to sleep through the night. Just between her fussing and DH's snoring....*yawns* So sleepy. ha ha

Thanks for the advice ladies. I have the worst mood swings at the moment I'm awful x

Starry I hear ya Sean used to grunt so loudly all night I never slept a wink !!! Its tough going the first few months but they pass and then ya miss them !!!!!!

Unexpected hang in there nearly there , and nearly in the single digit countdown .... Exciting I can't wait to be a bnb Aunty again :)

I just remember that my son's fussing was so quiet I quickly learned to sleep through it but Hannah definitely lets you know she's there! ha ha It only took a day or two before I decided her theme song would be Katy Perry's "Roar". I especially think of the line "You're gonna hear me Roar!" Her cries/screams definitely have a strong growl to them. ha ha Our little tiger champ.

Hahaha awww. My DD sounded just like a little baby goat, lol.

Hey ladies. I keep disappearing for days at a time lol. I feel like time is flying by. Here we gooooo:

Left- Yea it definitely sounds like that would play a toll on his mental state. Parents don't understand how much of an influence they have on a child and how it will carry into adulthood. Therapy will definitely help A LOT. And yes I'm glad that we are in a better place. It's been a long road (we've been dating for 13yrs before we got engaged) but we are finally on the right path...I'm sure with time you guys will be fine.

Unexpected- Thank you :) That was so nice of you to say. You look beautiful as well! And yes I'm so excited to hit 29wks. I can't believe how this pregnancy is flying by!

AFM: For my glucose test I chose the orange flavor, so I definitely will choose that next time as well. I had my appt today and I PASSED! Thank god lol BUT my blood pressure is creeping up so they have to monitor they. My Dr seems to be really surprised that I've made it this far and now he's talking about being very observant of PTL. By the way he was talking it sounds like I will be having this baby in August :) OMG so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm insane cos I can't wait to hear that little duck like newborn cry lol.

Glad to hear everything is going well Mariah's Mom!!! So excited for you! Our babies will be here in NO time at all :) (but not too quickly lol)

What's PTL?
I sat here wondering for the longest time. :haha: BUT I think I decided that it probably means pre-term labor. Yes? No? :)

Mariahs Mom, YAY for passing the glucose test!

Going to be making an effort to lay low for a while. Getting super behind on what I need to be accomplishing at home and feeling very overwhelmed about it. The computer is just too much of a distraction. Today turns out to be a slow day at work so I can catch up a bit. :) So I may be in lurk mode for a while.

Hey gals. Going to do a better job of keeping up in this thread :) I have quite a few pages to go through.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...273-becoming-big-brother-recommendations.html

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...273-becoming-big-brother-recommendations.html
Not about being a big brother/sister in particular, but I picked up this book:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71Uf3-mr8NL.jpg

It does a good job of keeping it simple what goes on in mommy's tummy...but still being accurate and not too dumbed-down. And it's nice and short.

I also bought one called It's Not the Stork! Umm...too much detail for now. :nope:

Hope you find something specific to being a big brother. I don't know why I didn't even think to look for a sister book. Shame that one book you looked at was good until the last page!

I don't even mind if it's not specific to being a big brother I suppose.

Do you know anywhere that I could see a couple of pages online?

Not sure if this one will work for you: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DV1S4Q2/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1#reader_B00DV1S4Q2

And I found a couple more pages here just doing a google search.
https://writtenwindows.blogspot.com/2010/04/when-you-were-inside-mommy-joanna-cole.html

I also took a pic of this one because I felt like maybe this is not what my face looked like. :haha:
https://img15.imagefra.me/i56q/missinformed/2mq8_43f_uavlm.jpgUploaded at ImageFra.me

Haha sorry ladies. Yes PTL means Preterm Labor (sorry). You were right Eyemom lol.

Unexpected- yes these babies will be here sooner than later. Seems like my doctor thinks sooner! I guess we'll see! How is the cold? Any better?

Hi mama :) Didn't notice right away but Congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Eyemom I am right with you! I've been SOOO busy lately and July is such a busy month (baby shower YAYYYYY, family reunion, family vacation) I seriously have to get prepared!!! I will be in serious lurk mode! I will keep you ladies updated though... :)

July is a busy month for me. Going away next week for my first anniversary then on the weekend it's a family wedding, then my baby shower on the 27th (cutting it a bit fine month before my due date lol) So hopefully July will flyyyyyy by!

Yeah feeling lots better now thank you :)

Mariah's Mom our babies could end up being really close together!

Hi, Mama T! Congrats on your pregnancy!

I think it's my turn to catch a cold. Woke up with such a sore throat and DS has been coughing too. I haven't gotten any other symptoms so hoping it passes me by and won't turn into a full-fledged cold. I can't even think where we could have picked it up because I don't know anyone I've seen recently who has had one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->