Moving on in the journey from ttc

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH yes yes congrats!!! I saw the post on fb but blanked who went with what real name. Yay!

Hope you're feeling better soon starry.

July is a busy month for me. Going away next week for my first anniversary then on the weekend it's a family wedding, then my baby shower on the 27th (cutting it a bit fine month before my due date lol) So hopefully July will flyyyyyy by!

Yeah feeling lots better now thank you :)

Mariah's Mom our babies could end up being really close together!

Wow. You have a lot to celebrate!! With all that going on, I imagine July will fly by. Summer is for filling up your calendar!!

Hi, Mama T! Congrats on your pregnancy!

I think it's my turn to catch a cold. Woke up with such a sore throat and DS has been coughing too. I haven't gotten any other symptoms so hoping it passes me by and won't turn into a full-fledged cold. I can't even think where we could have picked it up because I don't know anyone I've seen recently who has had one.

Sorry you are feeling bad Starry. I am getting over what felt like a sinus infection a few days ago. I took a decongestant and some cold and cough medicine from CVS, which helped me a little but finally getting sleep did wonders. Now I am just dealing with the annoying after cough. I have coughed and almost woken up the baby a few times (She is still in the room with us). Now my husband is feeling it.

:wacko:

Thanks all for the congrats!! I have an appointment next Wednesday. Needless to say I am nervous and am worrying, but trying to stay much more positive this time around.

Unexpected - July does sound like a busy time! I hope all those events help distract you and make time go by more quickly. It's also nice to have things to take your mind off of baby and pregnancy stress--well, the baby shower probably won't help with that. ;) Just sit back and take selfish glee in any and all gifts you receive.

afm - cold still hasn't gone much beyond a sore throat though feel a little sniffly. DS' cough is getting worse and now DD is definitely sick. :( She has greenish stuff running out of her nose and is shnuckering away, it's really not fun. It's not a horrible cold so that's relieving as she is still so little but I'm definitely keeping an eye on her. DS was 3 months old with his first cold and that was so stressful. I'm just glad I'm not a first-time mom or I'd really be freaking out. I'm more concerned with DS at the moment as his colds have a tendency to turn into croup if we're not careful.

Unexpected - July does sound like a busy time! I hope all those events help distract you and make time go by more quickly. It's also nice to have things to take your mind off of baby and pregnancy stress--well, the baby shower probably won't help with that. ;) Just sit back and take selfish glee in any and all gifts you receive.

afm - cold still hasn't gone much beyond a sore throat though feel a little sniffly. DS' cough is getting worse and now DD is definitely sick. :( She has greenish stuff running out of her nose and is shnuckering away, it's really not fun. It's not a horrible cold so that's relieving as she is still so little but I'm definitely keeping an eye on her. DS was 3 months old with his first cold and that was so stressful. I'm just glad I'm not a first-time mom or I'd really be freaking out. I'm more concerned with DS at the moment as his colds have a tendency to turn into croup if we're not careful.

Oh no. I hope everyone feels better. Sucks when everyone comes down with the crud all at once, especially wee ones.

Sorry ladies....I'm super busy lately. Landed up in triage for major pains, turns out I was just dehydrated really bad lol they tell me any day now I will pop so if I disappear again, you know why. I'm on FB and I think a couple have my real name so feel free to add me. I'm off to nap time as Xan just got to sleep and I'm trying to get in every minute of sleep I can at this point. Hope everyone is doing well!!! Much love to all.

I sent an invite (to the fb group) by email Sweetz did you get it?

Mamtex congratulations again I have everything crossed for you. I'm sure you appointment will go fab x

Sweetz - glad it wasn't anything serious. Hope baby makes a safe and timely arrival. You're full term so any time! :) Was Xan early?

Had my 32 week check up. Still anaemic! Also baby is Oblique?!?! Last appointment she was head down and now midwife seems a little concerned as she is in the 'cradle' position or oblique so seriously hoping she moves back head down.

Sweetz- So glad the pains weren't anything serious!

Starry - Were at the end of our colds now but lil man is still streaminggg bless him. It's not fun!

Had my 32 week check up. Still anaemic! Also baby is Oblique?!?! Last appointment she was head down and now midwife seems a little concerned as she is in the 'cradle' position or oblique so seriously hoping she moves back head down.

Starry - Were at the end of our colds now but lil man is still streaminggg bless him. It's not fun!

There is still plenty of time for little one to move. Have you been to the website spinningbabies.com?

https://spinningbabies.com/

There was some helpful information in there about positioning on there.

Had a friend who's baby was breech . They scheduled a date for c-section , she arrived bags n all . Just before they brought her down they did one final scan and the little minx had moved and was no longer breech ! They sent her home and she went a full 10 days overdue . Little miss arrived when she was good and ready . So plenty of time for baby to move !!!

Mama fingers crossed that everything is good with your scan I'm sure it will be :) SWeetz not long now and there will be a BIG brother in your house ;)

Had a friend who's baby was breech . They scheduled a date for c-section , she arrived bags n all . Just before they brought her down they did one final scan and the little minx had moved and was no longer breech ! They sent her home and she went a full 10 days overdue . Little miss arrived when she was good and ready . So plenty of time for baby to move !!!

Mama fingers crossed that everything is good with your scan I'm sure it will be :) SWeetz not long now and there will be a BIG brother in your house ;)

Not sure if they will be giving me a scan at this OB because it is a new ob, but I would like some blood work. I don't want to assume this new office does it automatically. I am a new patient to them and they don't know my history. I will call on Monday to make sure I can get blood work done after a positive is confirmed in the office.

The only thing I feel right now is slightly more tired, in spite of getting sleep. I don't really have an appetite. I am really early so I don't feel too different. I have used up all of my dollar store tests and the line got darker between day 1 and day 3 of my testing. It is only slightly darker though. I want to buy a digital test and take that, since by tomorrow I will be 3 days late. There is no sign of the period at all.

Hi ladies. Doing a bad job of lurking lately. Hard to properly lurk with so much going on. :-/

Unexpected, what do you do for being anemic still? Try to up your iron even more? Sorry LO is making you worry, but I agree, still plenty of time to move.

Wanted to share some updates. Copying and pasting this from another thread because I don't want to type it all again. Sorry because I typed it in the context of another thread, some of it sounds kind of out of context here. But you'll get the idea.

Okayyyy soo. AFM. Ugh. Rollercoaster couple of days. Well not really, rollercoaster would imply some "ups," but really it's been mostly downs. :nope: And also my excuse however pathetic for not accomplishing much at least in the last couple of days.

To address the bleeding, I had that little bit on Tuesday which was not too long after an orgasm (next day), so I had put it down on that. DH wanted me to message the Dr office though, so I did. They reassured me that things were fine, and I wasn't all that concerned in the first place (other than terrified of doing anything sexual), so it was basically fine. Then Thursday night I bled again and we definitely HADN'T done anything sexual, so I was worried, and even more upset about the way DH reacted (again, we're cool now). At DH's prodding, I messaged the Dr again that night. Friday morning I had a little more (TMI warning - it was like a big bloody snot), actually more than it was on Tuesday or Thursday, but still a small amount. So I was finally starting to freak. I waited to hear back from the Dr to say anything more, but they didn't message back which was unusual. I finally called, but they leave at noon on Fridays. :dohh: So I was going to have to wait until Monday, but I got to talking to the receptionist, and she said she was going to have the nurse on-call to call me. That nurse finally called me back a couple hours later, and she still reassured me that it's fine, some women just bleed when they are pregnant. But I was just NOT feeling any better. I mean I'd gone over 10 weeks without bleeding, then suddenly I bleed 3 out of the last 4 days. Ugh. I was on the verge of tears all afternoon but I had to swallow it back to work. Then when I finally got in the car I just lost it. I was totally frazzled. I ended up messaging a college friend who is an obgyn in St. Louis (I had avoided doing it b/c I didn't want to bother her, even though to put myself in her shoes I don't mind eyeball questions), and she was really reassuring too and said she never minds questions and I just felt so much better after talking to her. I was an emotional wreck basically all day yesterday though. Today basically no bleeding, just a speck tonight but it looks like maybe old. Little girl still wiggling constantly, and no cramps or anything aside from the odd gas pain here and there. So I'm MOSTLY feeling good but it's still scary. Especially knowing enough people with 2nd tri losses from incompetent cervix and such. I just wanted to know that my cervix is fine.

So on the topic of 2nd tri losses and why I'm a useless human being today. :cry::cry::cry:

Our friends - my DH's best friend and his wife who were due some 2 weeks before us. She went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago after losing amniotic fluid, but she had been doing okay at home on bed rest. Until today--she went to the bathroom and saw the cord had prolapsed. :cry: They went to the hospital and the doctor gave them no chance of survival. I thought she was 23 weeks, so at least a tiny chance, but apparently I had miscalculated because not yet. A prolapsed cord almost always means the baby is coming out one way or another, but he moved into the birth canal and he was born today at 22 weeks + some days. They gave him a breathing tube, but he only lived for about a minute. :cry::cry: His mommy got to hold him a bit after he passed. There will be a service for him at some point but no details. They named him Sohma. It just so totally sucks on a million different levels, and I am just so sad for them. Again these are people so close to us, and somehow (God willing) we're going to go our lives with them looking at us and DD2 and thinking - ours would be that age too. Ugh. :cry: I'm sort of in shock I guess (even though I can't say it was unexpected--I was still hoping for the best), plus I'm still so emotionally spent from yesterday, I can't quite process it all yet or really get that emotional right now. It's just so unfair. Apparently she asked him (DH's friend) if they were going to try again, and he was like no way. He was going to join the V-Club after this baby was born (assuming he lived), but I hope he doesn't rush into anything now. I don't blame her for asking, and I don't blame him for his reaction, but it's just too soon. But they have GOT to be on the same page. DH is worried this may drive a wedge in their marriage, and I'm worried too because DH's hunches on this general topic have always been right up til now. Anyway, if you pray, please pray for them. :cry:

I had two friends due at the same time as me, and now I'm the only one left. :nope:

Sorry for the wall of text.

:hugs: Has the bleeding now stopped?

This is the 3rd story I've heard like this :( my friend lost her twins at 29 weeks this week. My heart is breaking for her.

Hi ladies. Doing a bad job of lurking lately. Hard to properly lurk with so much going on. :-/

Unexpected, what do you do for being anemic still? Try to up your iron even more? Sorry LO is making you worry, but I agree, still plenty of time to move.

Wanted to share some updates. Copying and pasting this from another thread because I don't want to type it all again. Sorry because I typed it in the context of another thread, some of it sounds kind of out of context here. But you'll get the idea.

Okayyyy soo. AFM. Ugh. Rollercoaster couple of days. Well not really, rollercoaster would imply some "ups," but really it's been mostly downs. :nope: And also my excuse however pathetic for not accomplishing much at least in the last couple of days.

To address the bleeding, I had that little bit on Tuesday which was not too long after an orgasm (next day), so I had put it down on that. DH wanted me to message the Dr office though, so I did. They reassured me that things were fine, and I wasn't all that concerned in the first place (other than terrified of doing anything sexual), so it was basically fine. Then Thursday night I bled again and we definitely HADN'T done anything sexual, so I was worried, and even more upset about the way DH reacted (again, we're cool now). At DH's prodding, I messaged the Dr again that night. Friday morning I had a little more (TMI warning - it was like a big bloody snot), actually more than it was on Tuesday or Thursday, but still a small amount. So I was finally starting to freak. I waited to hear back from the Dr to say anything more, but they didn't message back which was unusual. I finally called, but they leave at noon on Fridays. :dohh: So I was going to have to wait until Monday, but I got to talking to the receptionist, and she said she was going to have the nurse on-call to call me. That nurse finally called me back a couple hours later, and she still reassured me that it's fine, some women just bleed when they are pregnant. But I was just NOT feeling any better. I mean I'd gone over 10 weeks without bleeding, then suddenly I bleed 3 out of the last 4 days. Ugh. I was on the verge of tears all afternoon but I had to swallow it back to work. Then when I finally got in the car I just lost it. I was totally frazzled. I ended up messaging a college friend who is an obgyn in St. Louis (I had avoided doing it b/c I didn't want to bother her, even though to put myself in her shoes I don't mind eyeball questions), and she was really reassuring too and said she never minds questions and I just felt so much better after talking to her. I was an emotional wreck basically all day yesterday though. Today basically no bleeding, just a speck tonight but it looks like maybe old. Little girl still wiggling constantly, and no cramps or anything aside from the odd gas pain here and there. So I'm MOSTLY feeling good but it's still scary. Especially knowing enough people with 2nd tri losses from incompetent cervix and such. I just wanted to know that my cervix is fine.

So on the topic of 2nd tri losses and why I'm a useless human being today. :cry::cry::cry:

Our friends - my DH's best friend and his wife who were due some 2 weeks before us. She went to the hospital a couple of weeks ago after losing amniotic fluid, but she had been doing okay at home on bed rest. Until today--she went to the bathroom and saw the cord had prolapsed. :cry: They went to the hospital and the doctor gave them no chance of survival. I thought she was 23 weeks, so at least a tiny chance, but apparently I had miscalculated because not yet. A prolapsed cord almost always means the baby is coming out one way or another, but he moved into the birth canal and he was born today at 22 weeks + some days. They gave him a breathing tube, but he only lived for about a minute. :cry::cry: His mommy got to hold him a bit after he passed. There will be a service for him at some point but no details. They named him Sohma. It just so totally sucks on a million different levels, and I am just so sad for them. Again these are people so close to us, and somehow (God willing) we're going to go our lives with them looking at us and DD2 and thinking - ours would be that age too. Ugh. :cry: I'm sort of in shock I guess (even though I can't say it was unexpected--I was still hoping for the best), plus I'm still so emotionally spent from yesterday, I can't quite process it all yet or really get that emotional right now. It's just so unfair. Apparently she asked him (DH's friend) if they were going to try again, and he was like no way. He was going to join the V-Club after this baby was born (assuming he lived), but I hope he doesn't rush into anything now. I don't blame her for asking, and I don't blame him for his reaction, but it's just too soon. But they have GOT to be on the same page. DH is worried this may drive a wedge in their marriage, and I'm worried too because DH's hunches on this general topic have always been right up til now. Anyway, if you pray, please pray for them. :cry:

I had two friends due at the same time as me, and now I'm the only one left. :nope:

Sorry for the wall of text.

Woooowwwwwwwwwwww this post made me a little emotional. First, I like to say that I'm sorry that you had that scare and I'm hoping it doesn't turn into anything. On the other hand, bleeding is normal even tho it's scary as hell to bleed during pregnancy.i have my fingers crossed for no more bleeding.

And OMGGGGGGGGG I can not believe that your friend lost her baby :cry::cry: It's bringing back so many emotions because I lost my little girl at 22wks and it was devastating! Still cry abt it until this day. I was pregnant the same time DH's good friends wife was pregnant. She was too months ahead of me. When I went to visit her after she delivered I LOST IT!!!!! (Bringing back memories :nope: )....Her DH's is understandable because it's emotional but hoping they can get on the same page because it's imperative!!!

This is the 3rd story I've heard like this :( my friend lost her twins at 29 weeks this week. My heart is breaking for her.

How did she lose them? I'm 29wks and you just scared the hell outta me lol

Aww hopefully little miss moves soon. I'm sure she will!!!

How did she lose them? I'm 29wks and you just scared the hell outta me lol

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare anyone :hugs:

I'm not sure what has happened yet. I haven't seen her and don't really want to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->