Moving on in the journey from ttc

BB- With all that's been going on with my I forgot to congratulate you on reaching the 2nd Trimester:hugs::happydance::cloud9::fool::flasher::bunny::hug:

Haha I know I went overboard but I'm just so happy for you!!!!

Thank you :)

I felt safe until I spoke to that silly Doctor!

I know, ugh! Idk why he had to voice his feelings...but 14wks is right around the corner. Huge milestone!! Also, I know the Doppler is giving you the peace of mind you need.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Today is my little boy's third birthday. He's my first miracle rainbow and so blessed to have him. Even the challenging days have been a joy as he's just so special. He really is a funny monkey.

I'm good thank you! 34 weeks tommorow and got my baby shower on the 27th (exactly a month before my due date) So planning for that, very exciting :)

Time is slowing down and dragging a little. I just want her to be here safe and sound. We are SO ready to meet her but obviously want her fully baked lol.

I have a midwife appointment Saturday to take bloods to check if my anaemia is still bad and to check to see if she's moved into a better position. Hoping my bump has grown a little too. I don't feel like it's changed much the last few weeks and last appointment it was 1.5 weeks behind. So fingers crossed it's grown and she's in a good position

How are you Brunette and how is everyone?

Wow I can't believe your so far along. How exciting about your baby shower!

I'm doing ok thanks :) Think I've felt some little movements.

I love those first flutters! It's like...gas or baby? lol!So happy for you x

SWeetz I just realised that is two babies you have had since I've known you in the cyber world !!!!! Crazy !!!

Unexpected- Wow 34 weeks already?!?! That's so exciting. I hope the appt goes well with the midwife and your anemia is gone. My belly was measuring a week or some ahead. Idk if that's a good or bad thing lol. Was your doctor a little worried abt that?

Wow your shower is so close :) Mine is Saturday. I'm super excited. I chose to have my sooner than later because I can go in labor anyday now.

BB- OMG how exciting. Feeling the flutters are too cool.

Starry- Happy Bday to your little boy. So cool. Now going forward, you'll have 2 birthdays to plans within a couple months of each other. That's exciting.

AFM- I had my follow up appt today (because of my trip to L&D) and the appt was so-so. In addition to the BV infection, I tested positive for the Group B Strep, which is the same infection that caused my preterm labor last time. It's a little unsettling :( I know that if Brooklyn is now soon she'll be fine but I want to limit her time in the NICU! DH tells me not to worry but it's hard not to. We will just have to be EXTRA observant...*shrugs* So DH & I have our hospital bags packed and ready...

Mariahs Mom - I measured behind 2 weeks for quite a while with my son and had a growth scan and they estimated him around 6.5 pounds at 38 weeks and 8.5/9 pounds full term. He was 7 pounds 11oz at 41 weeks so not particularly big or small really. They are keeping an eye on it and if it keeps falling behind I will be sent for a growth scan like last time. I might get sent for a scan anyway to check her position. I wouldn't mind seeing her again though lol.

My baby shower was meant to be Sunday 13th but there was an event in our town and the roads were closed so I rearranged it for the 27th. Wondered if it might be cutting it fine but as I went overdue last time I'm not too worried as I'll be 35+4.

Bet you can't wait for your baby shower. They are so lovely and it's nice to have everyone together.

They don't routinly test for Strep B here and I think that's insane! One of my close friends lost her baby at a day old due to undiagnosed Strep B. If she'd had the test and been on the antibiotics he would have been fine. Last time I asked for it and they gave me the test and I'll ask for it again and if they refuse I'll pay for it to be done privatley.

I have everything crossed she stays in there for you till 37 weeks.

Measuring a week ahead is a good thing means she's growing well in there :)

I've packed my bags as well :) just incase!!

Mariahs Mom - I measured behind 2 weeks for quite a while with my son and had a growth scan and they estimated him around 6.5 pounds at 38 weeks and 8.5/9 pounds full term. He was 7 pounds 11oz at 41 weeks so not particularly big or small really. They are keeping an eye on it and if it keeps falling behind I will be sent for a growth scan like last time. I might get sent for a scan anyway to check her position. I wouldn't mind seeing her again though lol.

My baby shower was meant to be Sunday 13th but there was an event in our town and the roads were closed so I rearranged it for the 27th. Wondered if it might be cutting it fine but as I went overdue last time I'm not too worried as I'll be 35+4.

Bet you can't wait for your baby shower. They are so lovely and it's nice to have everyone together.

They don't routinly test for Strep B here and I think that's insane! One of my close friends lost her baby at a day old due to undiagnosed Strep B. If she'd had the test and been on the antibiotics he would have been fine. Last time I asked for it and they gave me the test and I'll ask for it again and if they refuse I'll pay for it to be done privatley.

I have everything crossed she stays in there for you till 37 weeks.

Measuring a week ahead is a good thing means she's growing well in there :)

I've packed my bags as well :) just incase!!

I hope you have a good baby shower!! And weight measurements can be really off. I was told my baby would be around 8 lbs. She was 6 lbs and 15 oz. I should have bet some money on it.

:haha:

Mariahsmom - I can imagine how stressed you must feel. As you said, gotta pay extra attention but you can still make it to full term. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Unexpected - that's too bad you had to postpone your shower but it does seem you'll have time yet. And wow, your due date is getting really close now! Getting excited for another baby announcement!

Sweetz - congrats on the safe arrival of your little man!

I never got a late scan with Hannah so her weight was a surprise. But the L&D department had a faulty scale so initially her birth weight was recorded as 7 1/2 pounds but the next day when they reweighed her in the maternity ward she was MUCH heavier which is very unusual so after much panic from the doctors and multiple re-weighings it was discovered the birth weight was wrong. 8 pounds, 2 ounces is her official birth weight now. :) DS was projected to be 7 1/2 pounds but was 6 1/2. My niece was projected to be 7 pounds but was nearly 10. LOL

afm - DS had his 3 year checkup and the doctor brought up the word "autism". I thought that had been ruled out, but I guess not. :( The doctor said he can't be sure so, to be safe, he's referring DS for an assessment. DH and I really don't think he has it but there does seem to be some sort of developmental delay. I guess the placenta/oxygen issues from the pregnancy and delivery have finally caught up with us. He's my special little Monkey and always will be but I want him to be able to have a normal adult life when he grows. It's so hard not to worry.

They brought the autism word up with Tristan. Nothing ever came of it. I hope the same for you :hugs:

Been to the Doctors AGAIN today. I may as well just move in! I only went to get some more Omeprazile but mentioned that I've had a cough at night, it's hurting my chest and I'm coughing up yacky stuff. I've also started with indigestion/trapped wind and he said it's the aspirin. I've now got to take Gaviscon each night before bed. I am going to fall apart at this rate. :lol:

Hi! How is everyone?

Had my appointment today. She is head down now which is good. Blood pressure and everything looks great.

Only issue is my bumps still measuring small. I'm measuring 32cm when I should be 34+3 weeks pregnant.

On the growth chart she's started tailing off and falling into the lower centile so they will measure again in 2 weeks and if still the same send me for a growth scan.

It worries me but my son was the same and he was fine.

Good luck, Unexpected. It's good they're following up with you but at least you have the history with your son to encourage you.

afm - thought AF was arriving yesterday but now it seems it was breakthrough bleeding. Or it could even be from DTD as we had done it for the first time the night before. It didn't hurt but I guess things would still be sensitive in there especially in regards to my tear. Still keeping my eye out for my period though because I have been rather PMSy and it's driving my PPD kinda bonkers. My PMS cleared around the time of the bleeding like it normally does with AF but now the bleeding is gone.

And Hannah is already outgrowing her size 3 Month clothes. She's not even 2 months old yet! DS was in his size 6 Month clothes by 3 months but this is kind of ridiculous. But then, they do size clothes really small. The tags on the 6 months' clothes say 12-16 pounds and I'm sure she's about 12 pounds now.

I hate putting away clothes. I'm way too sentimental about these things. DS is outgrowing his size 3 clothes now too.

I cried sorting out my sons clothes. Finally packed them up and gave them away etc when we realised we were having a girl. I kept some bits like his coming home outfit from the hospital, his xmas outfit, the suit he wore to our wedding. I was bawling!

I'm dreading it this time as I won't be having anymore so when she grows out of her newborn...that's it! No more newborn clothes for me ever.

In regards to the autism that was brought up I think your doctor is probably covering all bases. You know him best Starry xx

Our son's doctor definitely said the assessment was to rule out autism. He said he usually can tell right away if a kid has autism or not but our son was sending some mixed signals. DS hates going to the doctor's office so it's not surprising he avoided eye contact.

I'm dreading the no more newborn stuff! I'm happy with our decision to have 2 kids but it's still sad to never do it again!

Exactly I can think of a million reasons why 2 is right for us and I really don't think I could handle 3 but it's still the end of an era...end of my baby making days lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->