Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Oh haha I just replied to your thread Mackjess! I don't know how to invite people.

I sent a pm to everyone when I started this thread but for some reason it must not have sent to any of you. So confusing. If someone could try and let Jane know that would be great :)

This is what happens when they let a bunch of pregos loose on the internet!

I PM'd Jane with the info on this thread.

The original one from TTCAL-
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-weeks-since-mc-but-still-not-af-ring-gp.html

Hey ladies,

I FOUND YOU, phew.

Thanks for starting the new thread bobster and to all of you for the private messages. Haven't been on for a day or two but was hoping we wouldnt drift apart.

I've been feeling bad about the last thread inadvertently upsetting people, sounds like people complained. Yes we are pregnant now but there were months and months where we weren't so hope that if anyone actually started reading it from page 1 they would gain some hope. Nice to hear from Johnson girl and Mallerm that it was the case :hugs: I guess without new posts going to it, it will just sink to the bottom never to be seen again. Oh well, just glad we haven't lost contact.

So happy for you Mlm, your bean has a baby shape already, amazing how quickly they grow and take shape. When are your next appointments/scan. Not long until you are 12 weeks!

Bobster, how come still a papaya? That's really uncreative of that website! Great news your work doc will do you a free scan and so exciting you are off to buy stuff this weekend! What is on the list to get this weekend? Did you have your 24 week appointment yet?

Think I've been feeling a little bit movement again but still not 100% sure it really is. 2 weeks to go until my anomaly scan :coffee: I'm a sweet potato today :happydance:

Mrs phez, great the lines are getting darker :thumbup: when will you schedule your booking in appointment for? I went at 10 weeks and got told that was a bit too short notice to get the NT test scheduled in time.

Any Brixton hicks yet mackjess? Have you got many stretch marks?

Oh yay on the movement Jane! I remember I wasn't sure either at first but as it happens more and more i'm sure you'll be reassured its baby. Its a weird feeling isn't it. Felt like spasms almost to me at first. A sweet potato is pretty big so no wonder you're starting to feel baby. What date is your scan again? Its early July isn't it?

I've yet to make a list, I think we're going to get some of the bedding we saw as its expensive so going to try and spread it out over the next 3 months so its not such a shock to the bank account. When do you think you'll start buying things Jane? 24 week appointment was fine. She said my blood pressure is up a little from last time so we'll keep an eye on it but nothing else to report. She used the doppler again which was nice. Antenatal class is on the 2nd July but I forgot to ask what it involves- and OH isn't allowed to come because of numbers (how rubbish!!!).

Omg, 2nd July is next week- crazy. Yes, shame OH can't come- do you make him watch one born every minute when it's on?

Scan is Friday 12 July so ages yet :coffee: have been comparing my beans skull to other people that know for sure what theirs are and I def think girl now. I do think yours has a boy skull. Have you decided on a name for a boy? I'm thinking Sophie Amelia as the first and middle name if I get a girl.

Spasms are definitely the best way to describe it! So maybe it is her moving- so exciting :happydance:

Oh no on blood pressure- at least you can easily check that at work yourself couple times a week?

My BP was up at one appt, but I think it was because I scheduled it too close to lunch time so I was hungry. Hope yours is good next time.

I felt the same way about the thread. Since it was in my favorites I completely forgot about it being in the TTC area! I'm glad we were positive for some of the ladies tho.

So far NO SIGN that Finn is ready to escape. He is head down, but at my last scan he was loitering around up high and over to one side still. Head NO WHERE near close to the exit. Darn it. He hasn't dropped, I haven't lost any plug or had a single cramp. ARGH. And I hurt, I'm ready! :haha: I guess he is just too fat and happy where he is at. This morning I woke up and there was a spot of blood in my undies and I got so excited because when you start to lose your plug, it can come out a little at a time and can be brown. Then I realized it was just because I groomed the lady garden when I showered last night, I was totally going blind because you can't see over your belly, and I must have nicked myself a bit. :blush:

So far the only stretch marks I have are on my lower back hip area, and just got a few on my upper thigh. But both are in areas that will be almost covered by my bikini bottoms. My best friend told me she didn't know she had stretch marks on her lower belly til AFTER her birth tho. They were too stretched out to show up. Hope that doesn't happen! But those seemed to fade pretty fast for her so maybe since they weren't there long?

Ooooh Mack he's just so comfy in there he doesn't want to come out! I had to lol about your grooming the lady garden comment. I am already starting to struggle to do that too. Got to be careful as it could be nasty eek.

Sounds like you may have escaped the stretch marks! I hope they don't come after too. Didn't you say you aren't really prone to them anyway though so thats got to work in your favour? Did you get that line down your tummy that a lot of pregnant ladies get? I don't seem to have got it yet but maybe because my bumps not too stretched out yet.

Jane I know I thought girl straight away when I saw your babes skull. I think the forehead is more curved when you have a girl, but when you have a boy its straighter. I wonder if I will see my boys willy when I have the scan at 26ish weeks. Oooh I'm excited for a little man, but would love a girl at some point as don't want to be completely out numbered!

MLM and Phez do you have any preferences? I'd love one of each the best.

He's just had a kicking fit and I managed to record a bit of it on my phone camera. Can you upload video's on here?

Actually a little less than that. They want to induce me on July 18 if he hasn't arrived yet. His head is going to get too big to have naturally if they let me go much longer.

I'll be bouncing on my birth ball more tonight, my back had been too sore! Also started drinking red raspberry leaf tea and taking evening primrose this week. I'd really prefer he show up on his own! Walking more is out as it makes my ankles just get too big and painful. Even if I'm in the air conditioning, it's just so humid out I get hot when I walk too much.

No idea if you can post video on here. I recorded it for my niece and nephew once. They love all the stuff, which is cute since they are 9 and 10. Love that they are so excited about meeting their cousin.

oooh sounds uncomfortable. The heat won't help at all will it. Keep bouncing. Only 21 days if worst case scenario and he doesn't come before the induction date. I know that seems like forever but hopefully it will go quickly. How's Jake btw? Is that him in the picture?

Jane I love the name Sophie. Its been one of our top names for a girl too. And it goes really well with Amelia. I haven't really had too much thought about names yet. I like Jack but its very common. I like Reggie too but other half hates it so that's out. For a girl we already picked Lily Sue (middle name Sue is both of our mum's names). Not 100% if we'll have Lily yet. I quite like Thea for a girl too.

Boys names are tricky though aren't they. Spencer was a favourite for a while but not as sure anymore. Its tricky... Have you thought of a boys name just in case? 2 weeks until your scan- not long!

The names Lily Sue and Sophie Amelia are super cute. I am already set on a girl name if I have one, but we had to go through over 100 names before we agreed on a boy name. I think the men are more picky about boy names so it's harder to find one.

I have pretty much been rolling out of bed, putting on whatever fits and coming to work. Today I am actually wearing a dress so I thought I'd post a bump pick. I only have to come into the office for 6 more days. YAY for working from home!

Before my due date was July 23, but they were going to wait until August 1st to induce me. I"M SO GLAD I only have 21 days left! LOL. Much more doable than 34 days, so I think I can hang in there. :thumbup:

And yes, that's my sweetie Jake in the pic. He was only about 3 months there. He is doing good. He struggles with the heat as well since he is an old guy so we have been chilling out in the A/C together.

Attachments

• 20130627_151624.jpg
    20130627_151624.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
Wow mackjess you look great! Your bump has grown a lot since the last pic you posted. Love the dress too. I can imagine it would be frustrating waiting as you get to the end. It must put a lot of strain on your back. I love the name Finn for a boy its really cute.

Jake is too cute! He looks like a very friendly dog.

If it wasn't and muggy I don't think it would be too bad. I'm just bigger and slower, but far from miserable. I only feel bad about 5% of the day and that is probably when I first get up and gravity sets in, other than my feet. Got some compression socks to wear around the house as it's too warm to not wear sandals outside, and that helped yesterday. Wish I'd gotten them sooner, so ladies if your feet get bad don't wait like I did!

I saw two ladies in the waiting room that had some serious large and in charge bumps, and they moaned just getting up and sitting down. It was another 90+ degree day, and I felt so bad for them. I'm grateful I'm not there yet and hopefully stay where I'm at the next few weeks. My last day of work is July 11, so at least if I am at that point I won't have to go anywhere.

Can't believe you're still working so close to your delivery date. You must be made of strong stuff. Thanks for the tip on the socks.

My 23 week bump attached.

Jane how's your bump doing?

Attachments

• 23 weeks.jpg
    23 weeks.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 5
Nice bumps ladies! I was going to post a 9ish week bump to be funny, but it is way too pathetic haha.

Love the photos ladies, just wonderful. Mackjess you look fab in thedress! So today I am saying hello pregnancy! Nausea, no appetite , tired. Test line almost as dark as control. Will stop when same colour, hopefully a couple of days. Feeling crappy but good, you understand!

MLM you should take a pic now even if you don't post it. That way when you are 11, 14 weeks you have the comparison. How have you been feeling.

Phez, welcome to pregnancy! lol, hope the first tri isn't too hard on you.

Lovely bump bobster. And it's pretty common here in the states to work up til you have the baby. One girl in my office was at work Friday and had her baby Sunday! When I told someone I would be induced on the 18th but my last day of work was deffo the 12th, they asked "why so early?" Ha. But it's an office job so not too much of a strain on me. Hope that continues. I work 3 days in the office next week and 3 days in the office the week after and I'm done. I have a feeling I might sneak in an extra day or two working from home that last week. :)

AFM, no change. Finn seems comfy and chilling out still. OB appt later today but i think we'll just be confirming what time I come in on the 28th if he hasn't shown up by then, and nothing new.

The more I read about pregnancy/maternity leave in other countries, the more I think the US has got it wrong! I'm sure it has got to be terribly uncomfortable working right up to your due date. I know that's what I will have to do as well though.

I have been feeling significantly better the last few days. The nausea is so much more tolerable, and I think I've only thrown up once in the last 4 days. I will start taking weekly bump pics starting tomorrow I think, when I am officially 9 weeks.

I ordered a Doppler online the other day- DH thinks it's crazy, but supports it if it gives me peace of mind. I can't wait to get it!

Phez, I'm glad you feel pregnant, I'm sure that gives you some peace of mind : ). Although the nausea is no fun, it's great for reassuring you that baby is ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->