Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

My Doppler got delivered today! I will try it tonight, but will try not to freak out if it doesn't work yet.

My Doppler got delivered today! I will try it tonight, but will try not to freak out if it doesn't work yet.

You are so brave! Will be amazing when you hear your baby though! Try not to panic if you don't find it, mws sometimes struggled when I was having appointments for Dexter and they're the experts!

I have maxed out on my ICs I think (and hope). The line from 5 weeks isn't getting any darker. It also isn't quite as dark as the control but I'm not too worried. Time to stop I think. I am so exhausted today. Oh and I'm 37 today :nope: in denial. Thank goodness I'm pregnant or I would be downright miserable about it!

Happy birthday :wine:

Thanks Jane! I'm looking at that glass of wine thinking "does that look tempting?" It actually doesn't! This is not normal!

Phez, since I am far enough along to have a small glass of wine I will have a toast for you! Happy Bday. I'll be 37 when I hopefully have kiddo #2. Are we crazy?? :)

Phez, since I am far enough along to have a small glass of wine I will have a toast for you! Happy Bday. I'll be 37 when I hopefully have kiddo #2. Are we crazy?? :)

Thank you! No we're not crazy! Just not the right time for us to be bringing kids into the world (personally speaking).
Most of my good friends are still childless, I daren't scare them, they have no idea what's involved. If they saw this site they would freak out. Not sure I could handle doing it all again though. So stressful and not good for this old girl's heart! 2 maybe enough...

My doppler worked! Very cool. I tested it on my dog and my husband first to figure out how it works, so I'm 99.9% sure I did it right. Woo hoo!

Yay mlm well done! Took ages for me to get the hang of mine. Sometimes baby moves so its hard to find other times too. I couldn't find it before my 12 week scan and freaked out a bit!

Happy birthday for yesterday phez. Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Hope you had a lovely day.

Antenatal class went well thanks Jane. Learnt some basic exercises and met some other women which was nice. Will update properly later after work.

You're something new today Bobster, no more papaya! Yay eggplant!

These days are passing so slowly. I need to forget about it but it's impossible. 5+3 feels like 50+3. Got some moderate cramping today but I'm taking this as a good sign as I have been looking back at notes when I was pregnant with Dexter, cramping is mentioned a lot! Did you guys get it every day in the early weeks? Also sooo sleepy. DH had morning off so I had a good 10 hours last night with a wee break somewhere in there. I'm still tired! But not complaining, still on cloud 9 and grateful to be here. DH not being swayed on the early scan and didn't realise we paid for the 9 week scan I had with Dext, gah! Still not ruling it out though! My mother-in-law gave me £100 for my birthday, cost of a private scan? £100. Makes sense to me! I ran Seren Elise by DH and got thumbs up...as for boys, completely stuck.
Have you guys bought anything else yet? We'll be getting a new Uppababy Vista as ours was destroyed by baggage handlers after our flight. Excited!

Blimey Mlm. Well done with the Doppler- must have been great to hear and especially when the odds of hearing it so early are against you.

What is an uppababy vista mrs phez? A buggy? when are you planning on buying stuff, after your 12 week scan? Guess you have most of it already anyway. I had moderate cramps/stretchy pains pretty much everyday until about 7-8 weeks then the frequency reduced.

Yey for the eggplant/aubergine bobster-bet you were bored of papaya! Mlm you have an olive to put in your martini :winkwink: Not sure what I am tomorrow- mango?

9 more sleeps until abnormality scan :coffee:starting to feel a little anxious they'll find something Wong.

Enjoy your July 4th fireworks tomorrow, US ladies :sex: :winkwink:

Oooo mrs phez, I just google the uppababy vista buggy and I like it :thumbup: saw a pic with the maxi cosi car seat attached too and looks good, not too big. hmmm will have to bear that one in mind when we go and try some out. In our price range too.

I definitely had cramping early on Phez. Almost, but not quite, af like. That was smart to keep a journal with Dexter so you can remember your symptoms. I think it makes perfect sense to use your birthday money for a scan! I hope your DH gets on board with the idea if you really want it.

At my ultrasounds, they mentioned I was measuring a few days ahead, so baby is about 10 weeks really. Plus I'm pretty thin, especially in the stomach area, which probably helped to find the heartbeat. Scheduled my 12 week ultrasound today too, which I'm excited about. I think they do testing for downs at that scan- I got myself a little nervous yesterday reading about it, yikes.

My feelings early on were more of a pulling feeling than cramps, but like Jane they seemed to last up until 8 weeks. God I don't miss those early days where everything DRAGS. Even now that I'm nervous about labor and bubs getting here safely, it's nothing compared to the torture of first tri. Hang in there ladies!

Oooo mrs phez, I just google the uppababy vista buggy and I like it :thumbup: saw a pic with the maxi cosi car seat attached too and looks good, not too big. hmmm will have to bear that one in mind when we go and try some out. In our price range too.

Might sound like a salesperson but I would seriously give it 9.5/10. Just the weight might be a bit off putting. The storage, can fit a lot of shopping in there plus all the other bits that come with it (mossie net, rain cover) and can use bassinet as a moses basket. Also the sun cover almost goes head to toe (no umbrella like some have) Truly amazing, can't wait to get another. So upset when we realised it had been damaged irreparably. Was red, thinking green this time!

And I forgot you can add another seat if you have another baby quickly or the stand-on/ride-on platform for toddlers. Ace!

You're something new today Bobster, no more papaya! Yay eggplant!

I know yay!!! Is that the same as an aubergine? I'm excited to finally be something new hehe.

Your pregnancy is flying by to me mlm. How are you feeling with it all? Whens your next appointment? I was nervous too about the downs testing but the odd's are way stacked in your favour for a healthy baby. They do such a detailed scan too that its great to see the baby for so long and the development is amazing!

Phez I had loads of cramping and still do every now and then. It was milder than af but the same kind of pain. Then as I've gone further on its been more like muscle stretches and aches. Checked out your pram- I saw it in orange when we looked last weekend and we loved it. I think we're going to go for a slightly cheaper one though just because the in-law's are paying. We're maybe going to go for the mamas and papas sola as it works out about £400 for the pram and then push chair and I quite like the denim coloured one.

Jane I'm sure everything will be just fine at you scan but its normal to worry. I can't believe you're 20 week scan is so close. Half way there! Its flying by (to me anyway) for all of our pregnancies. Mine is starting to feel like its going quicker too.

Mack any news? Thanks for your tips on how to pick the stroller. It sounds like a much more logical way to do it! Its so stressful isn't it because you don't want to get it wrong and then get stuck with a dodgy, hard to use thing. I picked the timbuktales bedding and matching light shade etc in the end. We've pick the cot and changing unit now too.

Its sooo close for you! Can't wait to hear your news. I hope I make it to your stage. I still keep worrying about incompetent cervix but trying to stay positive and calm..

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-sola-pushchair-denim/103524401/type-i/

Please can I have your thoughts on this? Its such a hard decision isn't it. It feels even harder knowing his parents are paying as all the ones we really liked were too much to ask for and they wont take any money from us. We're going to go again this weekend to have another look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->