Moving over from the ttc after loss thread

Wow ladies check out those bumps, lovely. Mine is coming along but still on the small side. When I get the laptop out I will post a pic.

My face is so spotty today! :cry:

Mlm and mrs phez, pleased you're feeling better and worse (more pregnant), respectively!

Liking the name lily sue bobster. Amelia is my mums middle name so partly why I wanted it as the bubs middle name, plus it's pretty and goes with Sophie. I like Luke for a boy but it won't go with my surname so was thinking Gregory/Greg but my family aren't so keen. After my 20 week scan once I know the sex I will borrow a name book from someone just to make sure I've made the right choice.

Bobster, are you excited for your shopping trip this weekend? I see mamas and papas have a sale online at the moment. I want to order some baby grows but still don't want to jinx it.

How was your OB appointment this afternoon mackjess?

Yey for the Doppler Mlm, you've still got a few weeks until you can use but exciting to receive it. Have you decided which room in the new house will be your nursery?

Jane i'm suffering with lots of spots too. I've been reading online and have been soaking my face in warm water with epson salt dissolved in it which seems to have dried the spots up a little but not completely. Then been using a cheap which hazel gel afterwards. Its terrible though- such a greaseball. I wish I had glowy skin like other pregnant ladies. I'll let you know how this regime goes though as if it helps you might want to try it.

Just been out for tea with a friend and had a goats cheese and red onion pizza. I looked it up on the NHS website beforehand and it said it was fine to eat cooked goats cheese but then when it came it was cooked but not sizzling. Now I'm worrying about the chance of listeria and feeling completely selfish and stupid for eating it. Eekk. Have you ladies ate anything you're not really meant to eat?

Phez I too am glad your symptoms are giving you reassurance. Its awful though isn't it. Feels like a constant hangover/travel sickness. Bleugh.

MLM glad you are starting to get over yours. You're lucky. Mine seemed to go on forever and even now I still get a moment or 2 of it but then it passes. Do you have any feelings about what you're having? I think taking bump pictures is a really good idea so you can compare yourself.

I think the US's maternity system sounds a bit unfair too. Maybe if you work in an area where you're not required to do much physical stuff its better but you must still get tired when not doing a lot and I think people deserve a few weeks to relax before all the sleepless nights come.

Oh let me know how the spot regime goes bobster- I'm on the clearasil. Just watching Eastenders and it's just come out that Kirsty's not pregnant!!- I wonder how many people do this in real life?

I wouldn't worry about the goats cheese on the pizza bobster, it would have been hot in the oven before it came to your table. I've had a couple of alcoholic desserts and wonder if I should but I honestly think its such a tiny amount it doesn't matter and its not like I've drunk a whole glass of wine or something.

Here is my 18 week bump photo, not a great pic sorry- my bump is still on the small side.

Mrs phez, do you think you will start showing sooner with #2? many women say that's the case.

Cute bump Jane! You can see its taking a baby shape which is lovely!

Thanks for the reassurance about the pizza. I think i'm just over worrying. Forgot to mention- I had another scan today at work! The dr who did it though is not used to scanning 2nd trimester babies so it was difficult for her to get a clear profile shot. Saw it wriggling around and kicking though which was amazing. She said she'll try again another time for a clear pic if I want. Yay!

Must watch eastenders. Bet Max has gone mad! She's so weird I don't know how she thought she'd get away with it... bizare!

Oh let me know how the spot regime goes bobster- I'm on the clearasil. Just watching Eastenders and it's just come out that Kirsty's not pregnant!!- I wonder how many people do this in real life?

I wouldn't worry about the goats cheese on the pizza bobster, it would have been hot in the oven before it came to your table. I've had a couple of alcoholic desserts and wonder if I should but I honestly think its such a tiny amount it doesn't matter and its not like I've drunk a whole glass of wine or something.

Here is my 18 week bump photo, not a great pic sorry- my bump is still on the small side.

Mrs phez, do you think you will start showing sooner with #2? many women say that's the case.

Nice pic Jane! With Dexter I had aa lot of bloat which gave the game away quite early (to my boss anyway). And my bump itself was also quite early so I hope this one isn't earlier! We'' have to see. How on earth do you upload pics? You don't have to explain if it's a pain but I have no idea.......I'd love to share my test progression tho! :shrug:

Spoke too soon- morning sickness has decided to reappear. Fun times.

bobster, I wouldn't worry about the cheese. I've had plenty myself. I worry more about the meat being heated up enough.

mlm, glad you are feeling better.

nice little bump you are starting on Jane. And my appt went well. baby is still head down and we're still waiting.

phez, if you are posting click on go advanced and there's an option to manage attachments. I haven't uploaded them from my phone before.. I always have to email it to myself than save it to my pc.

Thank you Mackjess! I'll give it a whirl at some point!

How was your shopping trip bobster?

DH and I have decided to dismantle our office room completely and make it a dedicated nursery rather than trying to accommodate both :happydance: really pleased about this as I know it would be a tight fit and disorganised. Not looking forward to finding a place for all the junk currently living in the office room though :nope:

How was your shopping trip bobster?

DH and I have decided to dismantle our office room completely and make it a dedicated nursery rather than trying to accommodate both :happydance: really pleased about this as I know it would be a tight fit and disorganised. Not looking forward to finding a place for all the junk currently living in the office room though :nope:

Oh great, that will make your life a bit easier!
Love Mamas and Papas! Their stuff is very small so you might not want to buy newborn - if you have a bigger baby, the clothes may not fit!

Good evening, hope you're having a lovely Sunday in the long awaited sunshine(UK gang)!
Those names are so cute, Lily Sue awww!
If we have a girl I like Seren or Robyn Elise (Seren is Welsh name meaning star) but we haven't discussed it yet!
Today my nausea has gone but I am still shattered and my line is still progressing nicely. Apple pip today (5 wks) :happydance:
Got a nice tax rebate, I want to spend some on an early scan but DH will need some convincing!

Hi girlies. I enjoyed my shopping trip thanks Jane. Got my long awaited bedding so just need the cot now! Its completely overwhelming the amount of choice we have for push chairs. We kind of didn't know where to start so just jotted down a few names of ones we like to research a bit more. Wish there weren't so many to choose from as it makes it very difficult... especially for a pair of novices like us.

Jane you must be thrilled that you're going to have a dedicated nursery now. I hope you find space for all the office gear elsewhere. Not long now until your scan Jane. Will you start buying things after?

MrsPhez congratulations on your apple pip! Hope your hubby comes round so you have have some reassurance from an early scan. Whats his reasoning for not wanting one? My OH was a bit funny about it too at first- strange. Thanks for the tip on m&p clothing. I've been counting what we've been given up and it turns out we don't need to buy too much more clothing, just a couple of short sleeved vests/gro's and some mittens and a blanket and we're just about done clothing wise. Love your girls names btw. Do you have a preference as to what you have after having a boy the first time? Any boys names planned? I love Dexter's name.

Thanks Mack about the reassurance with the cheese. I felt so guilty afterwards for eating it but daren't ask them to cook it more for fear of seeming rude. How's is going with you?

MLM- glad the sickness is back although I do feel for you as its awful. Hope it gives you reassurance beanie is growing well though. When will you have your next appointment?

The weather is in the mid 70s and sunny and beautiful, so I'm enjoying my Sunday evening immensely. DH grilled salmon and asparagus, and I made a spinach and strawberry almond salad and baked potatoes. We sat outside and ate on our deck and it was just gorgeous. We have a lovely yard and patio thanks to the family discount from my brother's landscaping business, but usually by June it's too much to sit out there cause the afternoon sun beats down on that side of the house. Even with 3 umbrellas and a fan it was unbearable for a bbq we had mid-June last year. Blissed break in the weather here!

Is the push chair a stroller? I about had a stroke picking out mine Bobster. Finally decided to get a travel system that came with the carseat, and one of my friends said to pick out the best carseat on the safety ratings, then that narrows down your choices. I decided I wanted a Britax carseat, and sure enough there were only 3 systems/strollers to pick with that seat. Someone else got me a lightweight stroller at my shower as a gift. I hadn't even delved into those so I was grateful to not make that decision! What bedding did you decide on?

MLM, hope you are feeling better.

I think we might go get some Frozen Yogurt to enjoy on the patio now!

Hey ladies,

Bobster, did you get the bedding you originally posted the link for?
What time is your antinatal class tomorrow? How are you feeling about it?
I quite like a silver cross pram we saw in John Lewis but the push chair/travel system needs a lot of research as you say- so expensive and too much choice.

We won't buy anything until I'm about 35 weeks pregnant I think! Not sure how quick the furniture arrives once you order though :shrug:. Unfortunately we don't have any friends that are ready to pass on baby clothes to us so will have to get everything new or from charity shops.

Like the name Seren mrs phez. Congrats on 5 weeks, did you approach the early scan topic with DH yet?

Mackjess, your patio sounds great, not sure i could function in the heat though, especially whilst heavily pregnant.

Did your Doppler arrive Mlm? Don't be tempted to use it early so not to worry yourself.

11 days until my 20 week scan :happydance:

Hey ladies,

Bobster, did you get the bedding you originally posted the link for?
What time is your antinatal class tomorrow? How are you feeling about it?
I quite like a silver cross pram we saw in John Lewis but the push chair/travel system needs a lot of research as you say- so expensive and too much choice.

We won't buy anything until I'm about 35 weeks pregnant I think! Not sure how quick the furniture arrives once you order though :shrug:. Unfortunately we don't have any friends that are ready to pass on baby clothes to us so will have to get everything new or from charity shops.

Like the name Seren mrs phez. Congrats on 5 weeks, did you approach the early scan topic with DH yet?

Mackjess, your patio sounds great, not sure i could function in the heat though, especially whilst heavily pregnant.

Did your Doppler arrive Mlm? Don't be tempted to use it early so not to worry yourself.

11 days until my 20 week scan :happydance:

Not with DH, although I have emailed Spire to enquire! I'm trying to get some cheeky scans by way of my cyst history. My lap was planned for next Tuesday but now I have mentioned I'm pregnant, it's on hold. But I have put it to the consultant by way of his secretary that I would like to continue monitoring it. Fingers crossed!
Glad you like the name Seren!
20 week scan is incredible. You going to find out the sex of baby?

Hi girlies. I enjoyed my shopping trip thanks Jane. Got my long awaited bedding so just need the cot now! Its completely overwhelming the amount of choice we have for push chairs. We kind of didn't know where to start so just jotted down a few names of ones we like to research a bit more. Wish there weren't so many to choose from as it makes it very difficult... especially for a pair of novices like us.

Jane you must be thrilled that you're going to have a dedicated nursery now. I hope you find space for all the office gear elsewhere. Not long now until your scan Jane. Will you start buying things after?

MrsPhez congratulations on your apple pip! Hope your hubby comes round so you have have some reassurance from an early scan. Whats his reasoning for not wanting one? My OH was a bit funny about it too at first- strange. Thanks for the tip on m&p clothing. I've been counting what we've been given up and it turns out we don't need to buy too much more clothing, just a couple of short sleeved vests/gro's and some mittens and a blanket and we're just about done clothing wise. Love your girls names btw. Do you have a preference as to what you have after having a boy the first time? Any boys names planned? I love Dexter's name.

Thanks Mack about the reassurance with the cheese. I felt so guilty afterwards for eating it but daren't ask them to cook it more for fear of seeming rude. How's is going with you?

MLM- glad the sickness is back although I do feel for you as its awful. Hope it gives you reassurance beanie is growing well though. When will you have your next appointment?

DH can hold on till 12 weeks. He has the patience of a saint!

Thats blokes for you. My DH only wanted scans if there was a medical need and he was against the Doppler idea too.

Yey bobster on your free scan at work :happydance: will you pay for a 3D or 4D one? I think the pictures from those look a little scary so we won't do it (and DH wouldn't want to).

Yes, mrs phez, hoping to find out the sex if baby will co-operate :flower:

I have maxed out on my ICs I think (and hope). The line from 5 weeks isn't getting any darker. It also isn't quite as dark as the control but I'm not too worried. Time to stop I think. I am so exhausted today. Oh and I'm 37 today :nope: in denial. Thank goodness I'm pregnant or I would be downright miserable about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->