Mummies of 2 or more children

ayh78

Mummy of 2!
Reaction score
DH and I discussed children before we got married and we both would ideally like 2 (obviously if we are lucky again).

I've got two 'concerns' that are really just first time mum things. The first is that I love DS sooo much:cloud9:, I just can't imagine having that feeling times two! How is that possible? With your second, are the feelings just as strong? Or do they have to 'share' you?
The second is that I had a pretty straightforward pregnancy and birth, and I'm worried that it won't be as simple the second time round. (Can't believe I'd be lucky twice!).

Neither of these are stopping me wanting two children, but I think it would be nice to hear from mummies of more than one with any reassurance!:flower: I know I sound a bit silly! Thanks.

I have 2 kids.

1. I love my kids the same. I love my youngest just as much as I love my oldest, and I love my oldest just as much as my youngest. Yes, there are times when I have to tell ds1 to wait because I'm feeding ds2 or whatever. But it doesn't hurt his feelings and he understands. He also likes to help me with the baby too, so that's good.

2. Both my pregnancies were good. No complications or problems. ds1's birth sucked, but ds2's birth was amazing.

I have 3 children but when i was pregnant with my 2nd son i was so worried that i wouldnt be able to love him like i love my 1st son, to the extent i was sitting in the babies nursery and just started crying, a panic attack so to speak, and my hubby said something to me that calmed me down he said that my love wouldnt half it would double and he was rite, now i have 3 and i love them all as much as each other, as for pregnancies mine were all different, i was small with first no symptoms, 2nd was like a beached wale no symptoms, 3rd was small but felt really sick!! so i think it depends XX
hope i helped xx

I always worried about this until I had DS#1, I used to ask my mum how it 'worked' when I had him it just did and DD was great (she was only 3 at the time).

With DS#2 I still manage to 'share' all my love around the three, though DD is 12 and DS#1 is 8 so they dont demand as much time IYKWIM.

I also used to worry how I'd remember their birthdays :haha::haha:

Its weird, but you really do love the second child just as much(Not weird as in i dont think thats normal, but weird as in you dont believe its possible before). You have to learn to share your time, but luckily love isnt something we only have a certain amount of!

Pregnancy first time round was a doddle. 2nd time wasnt so fun, but no complications and no problems with baby. Just me throwing up n whining alot, lol. Same sex babies, just different pregnancies!

P.S my son commented that the baby would need more love than him and his bro, but we told him yous all need the same love but because the baby is small and needs a bit more attention to feed and change and other things, and he understood quite well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->