Mums to be of 2 under 2 - pregnancy to birth

little_lady

Mum of two
Reaction score
So thought we should start a proper group instead of taking over Toddlers lol.

Let's all say when our next is due and how old our first will be.

I'm due in March and Isabelle will be 19.5 months. Really excited for her to have a brother, she really loves my friends babies. :)

Im due on 10th Feb and my DD1 will be just over 19 months - she also loves babies so im hoping she wont get too jealous as she's a mummy's girl lol x

I'm due feb 10th also. My little man will be 16months when his sister arrives. I really hope they get along and that he doesn't pull her hair, he pulls any little girls hair if they get anywhere within reach.

Don't know my exact due date yet. But pretty sure it won't be more than a week after Sophies 2nd birthday!

Aww sushai that's so sweet!

Lauki congrats!! Are you going for a dating scan or waiting for your 12 week one?

We just put Isabelle in a toddler bed hoping it would help her sleep through as she loves our bed. So far she's sttn once and woken up four times once, so the jury's still out!

Due 28th February and our son will be just under 18 months.

Not doing toddler bed for a while lol! Goodness knows what's he would be up to haha. He loves his cot and sleeps so well so reluctant to change it really.

I've had my booking appointment yesterday and we've decided to just guess how far I am and I've got my first scan in 5 weeks. She thinks I'm about 6/7ish weeks today, but doesn't want me to have my scan to late.

With Sophie I had the same problem.. Well not really a problem, I don't have periods which is fine by me ;). And with her I didn't have my scan until 14+3, so they don't want to risk that this time.

Sophie still sleeps in her cot. Not changing it anytime soon. She's going through a rough patch with molars and waking so often, it'll be too much of a change for her. I'll probably try and change before LO is here, so we don't have to buy a second cot.

You don't have periods?! Erm, jealous lol. How did you find out you were pregnant?

Yeah we didn't want to move her until she was ready but she started climbing out of the cot!

I just test ;).

My last period was March 2010, when I had a chemical miscarriage. Then obviously post partum bleeding (but I don't think that counts as a period).

So when the midwife asked when my last period was she looked a bit speechless ;).

I was on holiday for 2 weeks and when I came back I thought I'd take a test for fun and it turned out positive!

Wow! No periods? Lucky you!! Great way to find out if your pregnant, definetly an awesome suprise.

My little man is also at the molar stage and he'll too be staying in his cot, we got another cot for our little girl and a rocking cradle to have in the lounge.

I wonder how our littlies will react with a new brother or sister in the house?

I'm sure she'll love it, but also scared of jealousy!

hi all

im due on the 7th march but baby will be born at 39 weeks via section.
my little girl will be 23 months when her brother is born if he stays in that long. docs have put me with a 95% chance of pre-term labour again this time around and have told me to be prepared from 28 weeks :O

We put my little girl into a toddler bed about 3 weeks ago after she climbed out her cot n fell head first onto the floor :doh: one word to describe the transition - nightmare!! shes in a new room too so its really not been an easy move for her and shes only STTN 3 times 9/10 shes in bed with me now! she has been quite poorly with a sickness bug then a viral bug and now having teething troubles. am hoping it'll all pass soon and we can get into a nice routine.

Argh we all had the viral bug, doc said it was the novovirus but whatever it was it was hell!

I'm going to have to have a section as well, due date is 21 March but he will be born early as I've got a small pelvis and they don't think I can deliver naturally.

My LO will be 2 and one month when this baby is due - can I still join? :flower:

Argh we all had the viral bug, doc said it was the novovirus but whatever it was it was hell!

I'm going to have to have a section as well, due date is 21 March but he will be born early as I've got a small pelvis and they don't think I can deliver naturally.

I'm the same and thinking I'm opting for a C-section as well. So scared of going through the whole traumatic thing again with something happening to this baby!

Hey and welcome luckyd!

Yeah I don't want to go through the whole horrible birth experience thing again. I. Can hardly remember Isabelle's first few hours :( and I couldnt hold her until I was in recovery. This time I want to have skin to skin straight away.

Yay, thank you! My due date is May 1st.....

I also feel more nervous of birth this time round....although it sounds like some of you had much tougher experiences than me. I actually had a great home birth, it was fantastic until after my DD was born and I had a PPH and 3rd degree tear so ended up in hospital for a few days and had two blood transfusions. So a lot of thought is going into where the best place will be for me to give birth this time. But I am trying to stay positive about it all.

To be honest, I am finding it hard to even think about all that stuff yet - I have only just stopped throwing up all day, and inbetween the vomiting and looking after my DD I haven't really spent a lot of time thinking about this pregnancy!

It's funny, my friend is pg with her first, and she is doing so much reading and research and looking things up on the internet - I was so like that the first time round, but this time it seems like weeks are just passing by so quickly.

Haha I know, last time I was looking everything up, really excited to know what was happening each week, researching labour etc etc. This time, I sometimes forget I'm even pregnant, how bad is that!

Haha I know, last time I was looking everything up, really excited to know what was happening each week, researching labour etc etc. This time, I sometimes forget I'm even pregnant, how bad is that!

I'm totally the same! If I didn't have a pregnancy ticker on BnB I am sure I would forget how pregnant I am!

I am finding being pregnant for a second time a very different experience - the first time, even though my ms was bad, I was just so happy and excited and over the moon about the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong - I am of course happy to be pregnant and I know it will be amazing to have another little person in our family, but I am just so much more aware this time of how hard having a baby can be! I guess I don't have the rose tinted glasses anymore. I had a hard time with breastfeeding in the beginning, and my DD was a terrible sleeper for quite a while, and just all that normal hard stuff kind of scares me a bit now!

But I guess this time I know that it DOES pass in the end and hopefully the second time I will feel a bit more relaxed about it all....but this pregnancy is definitely feeling like a mix of happiness and terror so far!

Does everyone have things that they want to do differently this time? Or will you do things the same? I guess it depends a bit on what type of babies we have?

For me - I want to do BLW from the start. I did purees with finger foods from 6 months with Lucy, but she was so good with the finger foods we gave up on purees at about 8-9 months. This time I want to BLW right from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->