Mums to be of 2 under 2 - pregnancy to birth

I'm forgetting too sometimes!!!
I have my scan appointment through, we're having it on the 24th of December! How's that for an awesome Christmas pressie! So excited !
I'll finally know how far along I am then, looking forward to that!

I want to do BLW from the start too. We also started TW with fingerfoods, but eventually completely switched and Sophie now eats completely independently!

I'm also hoping to tandemfeed! I would love for that to work out!

That's an awesome Christmas present Lauki!

Yes, Lucy is an awesome eater as well - I hope the next one follows in her footsteps. Sophie was actually one of our girl names - but when Lucy was born she just seemed more of a Lucy to us. I still love the name Sophie though.

I want to tandem feed too! Lucy is still BF but my supply took a pretty big dip around week 11....she was only feeding three times a day anyway (she mainly uses it as a comfort thing to get to sleep for her nap and for bedtime) but I'm pretty sure she isn't getting much of anything at the moment. But she seems happy enough to keep on going so we shall see what happens.

Argh Isabelle is going through a 'i want to do it myself even though I can't quite manage to load the spoon' stage, which is very messy and she gets frustrated easily. We did tw and she had always been a brilliant, non fussy eater until now. I'd be interested to know if doing blw means you skip this stage of fussiness over cutlery or if they still go through it?

With regard to doing things differently, I will be: using a sling (for practical reasons rather than a principle) and starting a bedtime routine as soon as possible. Isabelle goes at 7 really well now but we had a lot of battles early on and I regret not doing a routine from early on.

Sophie was never really fussy with cutlery. She started using a spoon at around 10 months. She's fab with things like porridge and things that go on a spoon easily. But for some reason hubby had bought penne pasta and it doesn't go on the spoon properly. So she just chucks the spoon and digs in with her hands!

She's slowly learning with a fork, but is getting a little frustrated with it sometimes.

I still have milk luckily. But no idea how long it will last. I think Sophie will be quite happy to dry nurse! I'm hoping it's going to help with sibling bonding and jealousy issues.

I think with this one I'll be a lot more relaxed. Not thinking, oh gosh baby 'needs' a nap now or can only have so many naps a day stuff. I found it really stressed me out with Sophie and I'm going to try to go with the flow a bit more and have a slightly more flexible bedtime (like being between 7 and 8).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->