music for babies

spacebaby

Reaction score
What music do babies like? I was thinking of getting some classical CDs, any other music babies would appreciate?

It seems that all babies are different and as such, may not like the same type of music. My little guy likes classical (played it for him before he was born plus I sometimes put on the radio quietly in his room when he's going to sleep). I've heard others like more contemporary music.

With the library that we have nearby, they do have CDs that people can borrow. If that's an option for you, what you can select to do is to borrow some CDs and try them out with the little one. That way, you can learn what types of music they like before putting out the money. :)

my LO just seems to like whatever we like which is handy :)

I put in radio 4/classic fm during the day, play the piano sometimes when he won't settle, sing him songs (Xmas ones this week!), had on samba band music and even have him listening to drum n bass/dubstep. I want a multi talented, wide ranging musical baby lol, so need him to listen to everything :)

I just play him the stuff I like, I have a friend who swears by nursery rhyme tapes but Im not going to suffer through them, Its enough I have to at her house! Though I enjoy singing and I will sing a range of baby and adult songs, the ones he likes the best are the ones he has heard a lot,sometimes before birth. Classical music is like any other music, some of it will be preferable to them, I don't think its inherently good just because its classical. Finn quite likes Led Zeppelin but can't stand the song 'eye of the tiger' which I found a relief.. I just went on youtube a lot with him when he was little :D

the whole world stops for alex when cheryl cole comes on :rofl:

hehehe my LO quite likes james blunt, think its the high pitched voice!

My LO is a classical music boy, he screams when we put radio 1 on and shuts up and sleeps with classical, I brought the childrens classics CD which he loves.

Harvey really isn't fussy at all. I play in a brass band and went to rehearsals all during pregnancy and he still likes listening to the band. He also likes rock, punk, pop, jazz and his fave just now seems to be Rockin Around the Christmas Tree :rofl:

I'd start out with your own music collection and see how LO reacts to that before forking out money on CDs just for your LO.

I hope mine likes Smashing Pumpkins, Little Feat, Parliament and the Smiths

Jack Johnson is our bedtime CD. I was looking for something chilled out but not miserable a la Coldplay/Keane/James Blunt etc.
Although I do sometime wonder when she won't go to sleep if she's thinking 'oh no, not frigging Jack Johnson again' :laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->