• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MUSIC- What have you chosen for the birth?

love.peace

Mama
Reaction score
I'm having a planned caesarean and really want it to be as relaxing as possible.
With my son we had Andrea Bocelli's Christmas album playing. He was due at the beginning of December but came at the end of November and the music was just perfect and makes me smile every time I listen to it.

I'm thinking about having another of Andrea's albums playing. (I LOVE him lol)

What have you decided? Would love to get more inspiration. :flower:

Silence. Hahaha... iv never even thought about it tbh! When I had my son I just went into myself and didnt listen to anyone or anything I just wanted to get on with it by myself x

Lol. I'd probably be different if I had a natural birth but with my first two (both caesareans) I just listened to the music they already had on.
With my youngest the birth was extra special listening to beautiful music.

Aw I can imagine it must be lovely to give birth to a particular set of songs. My mum had a c-section with me and the hospital had Stevie Wonder "I Just Called To Say I Love You" playing, and so whenever she or my dad hear that song they always comment on it even now almost 29 years later.

I haven't thought about having anything played when I go into labour.. Im not really too bothered, I feel like I may prefer nothing!

I haven't thought about this! At my labor class they mentioned bringing a variety because you might NOT be in the mood for what you picked lol. Eddie's "song" is "Dannys song" by Loggins and messina so that will be on the Playlist. Hmm.

I'm going to make a few playlists to listen to at various stages.

I'm doing hypnobirthing so Steven Halperns comfort zone is what we use in class, so I will have that.

I also have my own relaxing music which has things like Newton faulkener on it.

I'm also going to have some more upbeat things like queen.

I'm not dead into chart music so probably older things. Oh, and baby also likes old school dance music - every Friday night they play it on the local radio station and we listen in the car. She always kicks really hard so I might put that on!

If I go into labour at night (once the kids are in bed) I will probably listen to Coldplay. When I had my DS the MW asked if I wanted the radio on and I thought sure, why not. I was surprised to find that I was able to focus and relax better when songs I liked came on. One of my favourite songs (a Coldplay song) came on and I remember feeling relaxed and focused on the fact that I'd meet me LO soon, it was nice. While I was in the car on the way to hospital with my 2nd I was finding it hard as I'd hit transition, sitting was so sore and I wanted to push. A different Coldplay song came on and I relaxed more. I don't know what it is abut Coldplay but it seems to help! And I'd like to keep the tradition going :). When I'm in the hospital I'll probably just have the radio on.

I haven't thought about this! At my labor class they mentioned bringing a variety because you might NOT be in the mood for what you picked lol. Eddie's "song" is "Dannys song" by Loggins and messina so that will be on the Playlist. Hmm.

Danny's song was our wedding song. He talks about the couple's sign's (which are ours) and having no money and a baby (at the time of our wedding we had just bought a boat, a rental property and with the wedding in Scotland were totally broke:haha: ) This would be really great to hear again!! Thanks for the unexpected reminder:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->