My 7 month old has gone from being a contented/happy soul to 1 that cries

chelseaharvey

Reaction score
Zach has been what I would describe as a dream baby from 6 weeks up until last week.... So much different to how my other little boy was as a baby he was hard work/demanding & a nightmare

This lady week miore so he just screams/crys when at home.... He use to just happily sit & play/crawl around but nw as soon as he is on the floor it's a nightmare..

When were out he is fine, when in the creche he is fine loves playing with all the toys they'll don't get a peep out of him but this week as soon as you walk through the door...

The last few days where I have had to get on I have had to et him cry/scream & crawl around with me from room to room while I get on & tidy up. I pick him up & he us fine, smiles etc

It can't be separation anxiety as even in the sae room as me if not being held he screams, is fine in the creche & goes with other people fine & I'm not around.....

Also bedtime has become a issue he has always been a great sleeper in bed from 6.30-7pm & never a peep til the next morning... Now though it's a nightmare to get him down he crys as soon as you leave the room & can't him down much before 2pm it's just constant going in & out if his room

I don't get what has made him go like this????

Sounds a bit like my LO at the moment if I'm honest?

I have no idea either, will be stalking this thread for replies! I think with Louie it is a mix of teething and separation anxiety.

xxx

I've been through similar with my LO. She's 8.5 months now and things are generally better although we still have some clingy days.
I think it's to do with their developmental stage. Their world is changing so much that they really need the familiarity of something that's constant in their lives, ie you
As exciting as each milestone is it must really blow our babies minds.
Try and bare with it and be there to give your baby the reassurance they crave as much as you can. It will boost their confidence which will ultimately make them more independent :) x

Mine is like this too. ;piaorgiohknregd;ijkolagv c.,kli IM SO TIRED! And So sad with how often she cries.

My 7.5 m/o has been like this too. He used to just be able to go to bed and falls asleep, now I need to hold him for a bit or he'll cry. I don't really mind that part because I love holding him. But the rest of the day he's cranky and gives me the evil eye. I swear he's like a little teenager right now that also cries.

I also think it's a combo of teething and separation anxiety. Sometimes it's obvious it's the separation even though we're in the same room. He still realizes the distance now. I feel really bad for him right now and just want him to feel better.

CH it sounds like a phase he's going through, it'll pass eventually but in the meantime have you thought about popping him in a sling/baby carrier for a bit when you're busy so he can be near you, enjoy the closeness and see what you're doing, and then you'll have your hands free to do your jobs.
When my LO goes through a clingy phase like that (quite often these days) I stick her in a ring sling, and then continue to bustle about. She loves it, and settles immediately.

I've been through similar with my LO. She's 8.5 months now and things are generally better although we still have some clingy days.
I think it's to do with their developmental stage. Their world is changing so much that they really need the familiarity of something that's constant in their lives, ie you
Try and bare with it and be there to give your baby the reassurance they crave as much as you can. It will boost their confidence which will ultimately make them more independent :) x

But even in the same room as me crying/screaming he is still the same unless picked up???

But even in the same room as me crying/screaming he is still the same unless picked up???

You weren't asking me but I still think it's separation anxiety also. I notice my LO does this mostly when he's tired, I've been running back and forth doing things, or we're in an room he doesn't go in often (even at home). He won't sit or lay down and even if i was successful in getting him on the floor, he'd plunge in my direction and wrap his arms around my leg and start his freak out cry. I've had to do laundry with one hand today. lol!

There are wonder weeks between 33-37 & 41-46 that could trigger the clingyness. The world becomes a bit bigger & more complex with each developmental leap so that might be why your lo is being more clingy than usual?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->