My BIG FAT GYPSIE WEDDING> whos gonna watch??

I cant understand.. they go on about strict rules and morals as not to make out theyre slappers in their community and all that..

....but its perfectly ok to look like one as long as your not acting like one????? :shock: maybe they dont realise they all dress and dance EXACTLY what they are told by the parents and their travelling community , not to portray!!

the general public will think it anyway!! Dressed like that.. Geez!

and the legs on show at the front of the wedding dress???? OMG.. I personally would be ashamed to walk into the church of God! Let alone Get married like that!!

Oh my word! that was hilarious and awful all at the same time!!

That Swanley bloke lives on the site near us and im sure hes been into my pub before, we get alot of Traveler lads in our place from the site nearby and to be honest (well with these lads anyway) I rarely meet a more polite, well mannerd lot of lads.
They are always so lovely and offer to buy me a drink and are very handy when I cant get the fires going at work :)
The women on the otherhand arnt allowed in the pub anymore :)

That Swanley bloke lives on the site near us and im sure hes been into my pub before, we get alot of Traveler lads in our place from the site nearby and to be honest (well with these lads anyway) I rarely meet a more polite, well mannerd lot of lads.
They are always so lovely and offer to buy me a drink and are very handy when I cant get the fires going at work :)
The women on the otherhand arnt allowed in the pub anymore :)

I was just gonna say, the lads seemed fine and generally quite respectful.....

the girls however!! :nope:

I certainlly would not go to a wedding like that let alone have a wedding like that! It was amussng but how can that be serious, it just can't be lol

I watched it, the dresses were hideous but it really disturbed me how sexualised those young girls were. What was going on with the posing for the wedding pics, when they were all getting dressed and things!

Yes all the dresses are hilarious, but I actually find this programme really sad. The girls are taught they are worthless except to be an accessory to men. They leave school early to learn how to be a wife and mother and that is what is expected of them and nothing else.

'Grabbing' is basically assault and I felt so sorry for that poor young girl after she had been left by her friend and 'grabbed' by that lad. She was close to tears but just said she'd had worse. :nope: Boys pulling hair and twisting arms back to get a kiss from the girla nd the girls just accept it as the way it is. :nope:

Also, the girl who answered whent hey ask what they look for in a husband 'someone that don't beat ya'. Not on the programme, but they accept it all as normal and their culture is extremely patriachal. If the women are raped they are basically disgraced and told it is their fault and domestic violence is extremely common in traveller familes too. :nope:

Yes all the dresses are hilarious, but I actually find this programme really sad. The girls are taught they are worthless except to be an accessory to men. They leave school early to learn how to be a wife and mother and that is what is expected of them and nothing else.

'Grabbing' is basically assault and I felt so sorry for that poor young girl after she had been left by her friend and 'grabbed' by that lad. She was close to tears but just said she'd had worse. :nope: Boys pulling hair and twisting arms back to get a kiss from the girla nd the girls just accept it as the way it is. :nope:

Also, the girl who answered whent hey ask what they look for in a husband 'someone that don't beat ya'. Not on the programme, but they accept it all as normal and their culture is extremely patriachal. If the women are raped they are basically disgraced and told it is their fault and domestic violence is extremely common in traveller familes too. :nope:

I felt really sorry for the girl who was 'grabbed' :( She says 'ah well I've had worse' :shock: What a horrible 'custom' that is!
Did she not say whoever manged to 'grab' you and kiss you, you had to marry them? :wacko:

Grabbing is actualy rather rare and most of them believe it to be outdated and nasty, its just the odd pissed lad that tries it trying to show off.
Pissed lads from most culters are like this to be fair, I had to give a smack in the mouth to a fair few lads in my teens that tried pushing it too far :)

Grabbing is actualy rather rare and most of them believe it to be outdated and nasty, its just the odd pissed lad that tries it trying to show off.
Pissed lads from most culters are like this to be fair, I had to give a smack in the mouth to a fair few lads in my teens that tried pushing it too far :)

True! They should really clue you in more on the voice over!!
How else would we know they don't all agree with it? Needs to be more informative I think :flower:

How else would we know they don't all agree with it? Needs to be more informative I think :flower:

I get the impression that this series is made with the goal of realy showing them up and only showing the bad and extreme side.
What better way incouraging societies rage and hatred towards them then a "documentry" that doesnt show all side.
Showing them up as a big jokes makes better tv and gets more viewers.

I havent read all the replies so sorry if I repeat anything..

In my book grabbing sounds like assault and that poor little girl :nope: she looked like a loo roll cover.

I am watching it now, its just so tacky but i love it.

V xxx

That poor girl in that dress! Twice her body weight!!!

Awww the other girls were laughing and that blummin tiara thing was just in front of her eyes the whole time....

I love that programme. It makes me laugh! x

I get the impression that this series is made with the goal of realy showing them up and only showing the bad and extreme side.
What better way incouraging societies rage and hatred towards them then a "documentry" that doesnt show all side.

I agree but I think they have some good morals... even though they get married so young they don;t believe in divorce and really work at their marriages. x

I watched it last time so couldn't wait. The first ep was fantastic :happydance:
x

I agree but I think they have some good morals... even though they get married so young they don;t believe in divorce and really work at their marriages. x

Yeah, they think they should stay even though their husband's beat the crap out of them... Not exactly something to look up to, is it? :nope:

Yeah, they think they should stay even though their husband's beat the crap out of them... Not exactly something to look up to, is it? :nope:

What??????????? They never mentioned that. they just made out it was no sex before marriage and marriage was for life. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->