My BIG FAT GYPSIE WEDDING> whos gonna watch??

im actually distraught that this is the last one in the series!!
i think putting all those signs up on the road is disgusting, anyone else? i mean the horses NEED to rest its pretty much animal cruelty. And the bars closing yeah i can understand to a certain extent but they should at least keep one open with a lot of police guard surely?
I duno, i just think the signs saying they cant stop to rest horses is disgusting.

I totally agree with that, them poor horses. I feel so sorry for the girls though with everyone cancelling on them, i mean honestly if i had the money i would open up venues just for them imagine how much money you would make!!! Especially when they have dresses like that!

if it were me I would just stop on the highway.. its the police's fault for putting up those things & your causing a blockage- if you have a horse near dying of exhaustion its tough shit! - they shouldnt put the sticks there

exactly it would be such a money maker! they'd all be drinking loads & they'd pay loads for the venue. their loaded! personally i'd class it as a bad business move on their part haha

they dont want the violence.. thats why they close.. or the hassel

its a shame that a minority of testosterone filled young travellers cause such a racket and disgrace in their behaviour that it tarnishes the rest of the community :nope:

oh i know they dont want the violence but they could have police there quick if anything happened. and they could make the family pay x amount deposit for any damages which they will get back if everything is fine.

How would they chase the families for damages with no fixed addresses to take them to court?

I can see why they are closing. I worked in a restaurant and whenever they came in they would cause a scene, make a mess and leave without paying. If a manager asked them to pay or behave for the sake of other customers, they would kick off. They even climbed on cars in the car park and vandalised them.

My first hand experiences are all bad I'm afraid. Not saying they all are, just my experience. I can see why businesses would choose to close and avoid the financial loss they face.

Also, the arguement about the drinking on the premises. I can see why a landlord would not want to lose their licence. It was the same when I was a student and it was busy. If people spilled out of the garden area, the police could take their licence.

I just cried at this when the 2 girls danced!
and i didnt mean chase them for damages i meant when they pay for the venue they pay x amount extra. if there are no damages they will give it back if not they wont & it will be used to repair. thats what a lot of places round where i live do.
ive never had a bad experience with a gypsy though, some of my very good friends come from traveller familys, they live in houses & they certainly didnt have weddings like these or 'grab' their girlfriends. but i do know that they have a very bad rep

there is certainly different types of every culture.. like we have tramps and ppl who sponge off the state popping out babies like peas to see what extra money they can get..

I am sure I wouldnt want to be tarnished with the same brush as those types of ppl in our society.. but all types of gypsies sadly fall under the same name and do get tarnished.. even the nice, law abiding, good ones.
THis programme has made me realise that.. & before the programme, I thought they were all theiving lying B***rds tbh. x

if it were me I would just stop on the highway.. its the police's fault for putting up those things & your causing a blockage- if you have a horse near dying of exhaustion its tough shit! - they shouldnt put the sticks there

Exactly!

Did anyone see the really bad yellow hair extensions the dress maker had in her hair that she'd obviously put in herself very badly????? That woman must be coining it in and she looked awful... lol x

I feel so sorry for the girls though with everyone cancelling on them, i mean honestly if i had the money i would open up venues just for them imagine how much money you would make!!! Especially when they have dresses like that!

exactly it would be such a money maker! they'd all be drinking loads & they'd pay loads for the venue. their loaded! personally i'd class it as a bad business move on their part haha

It's not like that though im afraid. I work in a 4* hotel and spa establishment. Last summer we had 4 gypsy weddings and we've had 1 this year .. you do not know until they come who they are.

Yes you make a bit of money on the venue but that's really about it, if they book rooms they pay cash - they are paying for 2 people in a double but you will often find about 8-10 people have stayed in that room - the clean up operation is immense you have to draft in extra housekeepers. You don't really make any money on the bar because they all brought their own alcohol .. i had to confiscate 7 massive bottles of lambrini of girls around 12 years old .. that's just ONE example.

Half of them did not stay at the hotel but took up the entire car park with their trailers. The morning after we had several hanging paintings, vases, outside ornaments stolen.

The actual evening of the reception we have to hire our own security out of the hotels pocket just to protect our staff and other guests on spa stays .. it's not really nice working in that kind of environment .. but we need security because from the first 2 weddings staff where threatened with violence for daring to ask they be quiet in corridors etc etc.

The last wedding we had the night before the big day we had a punch up in the bar about 30 men .. the police where called .. we did not cancel the wedding but had police pop in on us very hour and they stayed around from late evening onwards, which when you think about it is SUCH a waste of police time.

These are just a few examples of the many many things that happen .. the last one we had spa guests just leave in absolute disgust .. people where prank calling their room at all hours in the morning.

The hotel now has measures in place to try and stop us having any more of these weddings, it has damaged our reputation and spa guests are turning to sites like trip advisor to warn potential guests of what goes on - that is not what we are about.

So no - it doesn't really make you any money .. if anything you loose it.

To be honest the experiences i have had with a few gypsies was bad, first was when i was twelve i went for a bike ride with my mum, dad and my little brother who was 6 at the time, we went past gypsies who had set up on this back country road and a little child of the age of 4 put its middle finger up at us and we all kind of just ignored it and carried on cycling then this dog was running alongside us trying to attack our feet (i was genuinely petrified) and it got hold of my dads foot and was biting it but because we all cycled faster the dog got bored and stopped chasing us, not once did any of the gypsies outside the caravans tell the dog to stop or anything they just didn't care!

Another experiences is them dumping rubbish on land around here and it looks a complete mess! its not just little bits of rubbish, its really big things!

I also feel intimated when i come across them especially the young males.

The gypsies I've come across, there the ones who give the others and the nice ones a bad name which is a shame really.

We used to have gypsies set up 'camp' near us for a month or 2 every year (in summer) but its been made into a tram line lol so they dont go there now. Anyway, they DID leave a huge mess. They had horses roaming free right beside a busy road too :wacko: did illegal fires and left loads of rubbish when they left (random stuff like childrens bikes :\).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->