My Due Date

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
With my due date being 20th December its really doing my head in because if he/she comes before the 25th then this year will be bubs first Christmas then again he/she may arrive later than the 25th which will be cool but if its before I feel a bit robbed :cry:Have no idea what to do with regards to 1st Christmas because its so close :hissy:

And if baby arrives on Christmas day OMG I'll be gutted lol whens its first Christmas? That day :wacko: ???

Well with both mine being in Oct they wre only tiny for their 1st xmases, so bad evil mummy i am negleted it a bit with toys and such, both had outfits with 1st xmas on though
I treat they 2nd xmas as the 1st proper one as they were a bit older but they still don't have a clue LOL
This year should be much beter with Jack
Only 4 more shopping months LOL

With my due date being 20th December its really doing my head in because if he/she comes before the 25th then this year will be bubs first Christmas then again he/she may arrive later than the 25th which will be cool but if its before I feel a bit robbed :cry:Have no idea what to do with regards to 1st Christmas because its so close :hissy:

And if baby arrives on Christmas day OMG I'll be gutted lol whens its first Christmas? That day :wacko: ???
I had the exact same worry. Bethanie was due on the 3rd January, but I just knew she was going to come near christmas. I didn't know whether to get her presents/not to? then she came on the 19th December and was in Special care on christmas day which was dreadful to say the least.. her first xmas in hospital. :( She came out boxing day, so we made the most of it, but in a way it was like the worst xmas ever because of that.. but also the best, because what better present could you have??

I was worried id give birth on the 25th too, which would have been crap. Least if you're late they can be born on new years eve/day, which would be nice as it'd be like a double celebration.

But yea I get where you're coming from, I keep saying this year is Bethanie's first xmas.. but it's not so we're going to get one of those baubles and im just going to write "at home" at the bottom, so it says 'babys first christmas.. at home' lol sad I know.

Thats not sad Tilly I think its really sweet :D

Must have been so hard for you last year :hugs:

Why will you feel robbed??

Seren was due the 14th Dec but my labour started on christmas morning so I thought she was going to be a christmas baby. TBH at that stage I didn't care, I just wanted her out lol. We had bought a little gift - A Dr Zuess hardback book as a christmas present just in case, she just got it a bit later. TBH with them being so small I really don't see the point of going over board at christmas. Perhaps just get a couple of small pressies just in case and if baby comes after then they can get them at a later date.

Seren's birthday is 2 days after christmas. We had a great christmas and then 2 days after it was her day and she was the centre of attention. I did feel bad initially that she had christmas and her birthday so close together but it really doesn't bother me now.

I think I'd like him/her to come after lol

Just feel lost on what to do I'd love bubs to be a bit older for first christmas and have that day with him/her but saying that I prob won't care nearer time & like you felt Beanie knowing its going to be so close together makes me feel a bit bad.

I remember being really upset about the fact I was going to miss out on my christmas dinner lol but I went back home, and sat there through all 3 courses strapped to my tens machine.

I remember being really upset about the fact I was going to miss out on my christmas dinner lol but I went back home, and sat there through all 3 courses strapped to my tens machine.

Good for you Beanie!:happydance:

rhys was born in december and i felt really really bad about it... not because he was gonna be too small to realise his 1st christmas but that his birthday is gonna be close to christmas every year!

my birthday is in july and i love having birthday and christmas spread out over the year. for rhys its gonna all be in december!

Personally we will not be buying Alfie much at christmas as we did that with Jade and she had no idea :( so Alfie will get a few bits for christmas obviously, but he wont get much at all til he is 3-4maybe?!

I think if you have your baby very close to christmas, I would just concentrate on the baby and getting into a routine and enjoy it all and have your 'first real' christmas next year for baby! x

Echo above

i am only spending £30 on Amelia if that and that will be some push along bricks (anyone know where can get this save me making seperate post?)

Chloe gets about £500 on her now so Melie will have to wait til she is at least 5 til I spend out on her,plus I have loads of toys here from Chloe (I kept toys not clothes DOH!)and her cousin so I dont think It will be good to spend loads when she will just play with Chloes wrapping paper.

Defo next xmas will be babys proper first char then you can go nuts. BUT the best pressie for your baby this year is a lovely Mummy and Daddy who will adore him/her what more could they want?
Bex.x

i bough rhys a blanket with his name on for his 1st xmas present as it is practical and different. he still loves it!

Madeleine had a few bits and hadn't got a clue!!!!

She will have a limit of £100 this year and Ellie £50 she will be same age as maddie was last yr.

Half the things she had she never used!

Learned my lesson lol

xxx

I was born on Dec. 17 and came home on my mom's birthday..Dec. 22nd. She had a c-section and still cooked an entire Christmas dinner for about 20 people! She's a strong woman. LOL When your b/d is on or near a holiday, it gets overshadowed and people tend to forget. I can't imagine being in the hospital on Christmas though! My brothers wife had their little boy this past year..day before Thanksgiving. After the big dinner, I packed several plates of food and delivered 'em to the hospital so they wouldn't feel left out.

Aw I think its really special having a Christmas Birthday! Just think they wont have to work on their BD when they are older!!

Id buy a couple of little tiny pressies incase she is before Christmas.

Yer thats what I'm going to do Hels :D Maybe I'll be over due anyway part of me hopes and part of me doesn't :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->