My Evening Primrose Oil findings -the good, bad and ugly

It's really the only way.....trap, spay/neuter, vaccinate, and release....Many think they are a menace to wildlife, but only because cats have been domesticated....they ARE wildlife when they are feral...and the population can be controlled.....

I'm sure Mr. Porkchop will meet his demise at the paws of a feral cat and I am sure he will deserve it, lol.

My dog got attacked by a chicken recently on a farm visit, he's a lover rather a fighter LOL

EPO gave me horrible headaches but I hope it works for you!

EPO gave me horrible headaches but I hope it works for you!

It shortened my LP to 9 days from 16 so I'm not a fan either - but I wanted to share the good and bad things about it.

It's weird how different supplements work for some of us and not for others, we need a twin study hey? Anyone got an identical twin out there?

I've dropped EPO for this month, will see how I go...

Having said that, this is also my 3rd full cycle of agnus castus/vitex, which I believe usually takes that long to kick in. So I'm hoping that has an effect too.

FX! (and to all!!)

EPO shortened my cycles as well, however I started to ovulate on the CD 14 instead of CD16-18 and I also only get 1 day of + on my OPK where before I was getting up to 5 days of +. My cycle was two days shorter last cycle which is great the only downfall is that I was hoping it would help with migraines but it hasn't. Last month I only took it until CD 10 and it still worked..we'll give it another go this month :)

My cycle length was shortened a by a few days, last cycle I didn't take them from cd 1 to ovulation, I started them about cd 4 and stopped a few days before I ovulated. It is amazing hot supplements affect everyone differently:shrug:

Last month I started taking EPO for the first time and I ov'd late, CD19 - normally I would expect ov around CD15-17. CD19 is the latest I've ever ov'd. I have had short luteal phases in the past, but was taking B6 and it was improving things. I can't say for sure it was the EPO that caused late ov, but I'm not risking it again - the EPO is going in the bin!

Oh that does it then, I'm not trying EPO as well as B6. I think I'll just stick to the B6 and see it that lengthens my LP. That way I'll at least know if it's working or not! Just a quick question Cypress, it is ok to take B vitamins all the way through the cycle, or just until you ovulated?
Thanks

Well Northstar i have an update... i've just got my LH Surge this morning. I did one late last night too but that was negative. I used a ClearBlue Digital. I am early for a change cycle day 12 (apologies i put 12 yesterday when i was really 11 :dohh:) I tend to get my smiley on cycle day 14 and ovulate 2 days later. So i will discontinue the EPO now until next cycle because my DH is away now until Thursday so my chances of getting a BFP this cycle is slim. He's left me a lot of :spermy: and i've used Pre-Seed to keep them comfortable until he gets back but who knows. I will give you my pros and cons of EPO

Pros - Got my LH Surge sooner, Have beautiful glowing skin, Feel really really happy within myself and this has just started to happen since taking EPO

Cons - Headaches - although i do suffer with headaches anyway?!

:hugs::flower:

Hi girls,
I also have been taking EPO for 2 mths now or so,I normally ovulate day 12-14 this mth my CBFM had high from day 11 and I never got a peak,
I'm now on day 25,my AF is due this saturday,so it looks like I never Ovulated..
unless CBFM did not pick it up..

I will not be using EPO again as it seems to have stopped me Ovulating completely this mth..

I know I'm out as no symptoms at all..:cry:

I've been taking folic acid, Epa marine fish oil, EPO, Agnus castus, B6 and multivitamin A to Zinc..

I took EPO right threw cycle,which I now know I should not have..:wacko:

Me 40-OH 40

TTC from march 11 cycle #5

Hi girls,
I also have been taking EPO for 2 mths now or so,I normally ovulate day 12-14 this mth my CBFM had high from day 11 and I never got a peak,
I'm now on day 25,my AF is due this saturday,so it looks like I never Ovulated..
unless CBFM did not pick it up..

I will not be using EPO again as it seems to have stopped me Ovulating completely this mth..

I know I'm out as no symptoms at all..:cry:

I've been taking folic acid, Epa marine fish oil, EPO, Agnus castus, B6 and multivitamin A to Zinc..

I took EPO right threw cycle,which I now know I should not have..:wacko:

Me 40-OH 40

TTC from march 11 cycle #5

It's weird how it works for some and not others isn't it. Sorry if you think you haven't ovulated this month what a bummer!!! Do you really think it could have something to do with EPO why you didn't ovulate? I completely understand why your gong to stop using it. For what purpose did you want to use EPO? Mine was CM. :hugs:

Hi Flapjack - I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that you can take the B vitamins throughout the whole cycle (I do) - as they're water-soluble, any excess just gets flushed out with your pee. You've prob already seen this thread, it's got all the info on vit B6 to lengthen luteal phase: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...gthen-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone.html

I don't take B6 but I do take Vitamin B complex throughout the whole cycle.

I know B complex is safe for the complete cycle but not sure on B6 alone sorry :shrug:

I don't take B6 but I do take Vitamin B complex throughout the whole cycle.

I know B complex is safe for the complete cycle but not sure on B6 alone sorry :shrug:

I take B6 my whole cycle...100mg.

Thank you! Just got the B-50 complex today so I'm good to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->