My Evening Primrose Oil findings -the good, bad and ugly

I took EPO last two cycles, this was my third...and I got AF bang on last cycle, however this cycle I was two days early but I did O two days earlier. I always get a migraine 2-4 days before AF and nothing this cycle. First time since I can remember that I've not had a migraine,I did however have a migraine at O this cycle so I'm not sure what to think. I have one cycle left before we start IVF and I was going to not bother with anything this month but I think I might take EPO this cycle and see if it helps with my migraines at O. My AF is much lighter and I barely have cramps..I'm really impressed with how it worked for me, it messes some ladies up but its really starting to regulate something for me:thumbup:

Update from me on the great EPO experiment - I'm not using EPO this month after NorthStar's observations re delayed ov/LP length (where I need all the help I can get!) and two things so far: 1) TMI but I have had more EWCM this month than I did when I was taking EPO! Crazy... and secondly 2) I got a near +ve on the OPK today, which usually means +ve tomorrow, ov the day after -- which would be 2 days earlier than last month (on EPO). So.... Only one month, but seems to be according to theory (for some of us at least).

Interesting, I was intending to be EPO free this month, but I needed to delay O until my OH gets home from working away, so today is CD11 and I'm still taking it...so this is month 3, it's CD11 and no sign of ovulation yet (normally it would be CD10-12 for me without EPO).

Had a huge headache yesterday but this could be stress related, IDK if it's EPO.

I'm going to go ahead and take EPO again this cycle :) I'm not sure what day I'll start..probably CD4 or so and I'm just hoping it will keep the migraines at bay!!

Chrystal you should start taking it CD1 if you can, it made my AF less painful and lighter as well I think.

I can't decide whether to stop taking it today or tomorrow, I don't want this egg to drop before OH gets home, BUT I also don't want another 8/9 day luteal phase....!

You can also take the Guafesnin (sp?) cough mixture on the few days leading up to O for improved EWCM

My mood has become much better since being on EPO and after my chemical my bleeding was ok and i wasn't in too much pain. It defo works for me and once i've had my baby (because it's going to happen) i will continue to take it.

If I wasn't TTC I would take it too, all the time I think.

I've decided that this cycle I'll take progresterone for a few days before AF is due to lengthen LP (I'm assuming EPO is going to shorten it again this cycle) and next month I'll be TTC EPO free, and I'll then report back here on the difference.

This cycle I had intended to just take it from CD1 - CD7 (AF time approx) and then stop but I would then have O'd before OH got home.....and Dmom persuaded me to stay IN for this cycle by taking the EPO.

So if by some miracle we were to actually conceive this cycle then Dmom got me PREGNANT :haha::haha:

On a further amusing note if anyone is following Dmom's POAS thread I got a BFP last night from a can of Barr's creaming soda...picture posted, it was clearer IRL:wacko:

I've decided that this cycle I'll take progresterone for a few days before AF is due to lengthen LP (I'm assuming EPO is going to shorten it again this cycle) and next month I'll be TTC EPO free, and I'll then report back here on the difference.

This cycle I had intended to just take it from CD1 - CD7 (AF time approx) and then stop but I would then have O'd before OH got home.....and Dmom persuaded me to stay IN for this cycle by taking the EPO.

So if by some miracle we were to actually conceive this cycle then Dmom got me PREGNANT :haha::haha:

On a further amusing note if anyone is following Dmom's POAS thread I got a BFP last night from a can of Barr's creaming soda...picture posted, it was clearer IRL:wacko:

What? haha OMG i'm going to take a peek

I saw those crazy soda BFPs! I can't believe I'm jealous of soda.... :haha:

Hey NorthStar, what kind of progesterone are you going to take? I've often wondered about doing this to try to give implantation a chance... i'm a bit chicken though... especially when the prog. cream I got has 'do not use if you are pregnant or ttc' on it!

Hey NorthStar, what kind of progesterone are you going to take? I've often wondered about doing this to try to give implantation a chance... i'm a bit chicken though... especially when the prog. cream I got has 'do not use if you are pregnant or ttc' on it!

Don't use the cream girly, ask your doctor for the gel. The cream really doesn't do much.

If your OV is being delayed, you are taking too much EPO.

Chrystal you should start taking it CD1 if you can, it made my AF less painful and lighter as well I think.

I can't decide whether to stop taking it today or tomorrow, I don't want this egg to drop before OH gets home, BUT I also don't want another 8/9 day luteal phase....!

You can also take the Guafesnin (sp?) cough mixture on the few days leading up to O for improved EWCM

I thought I bypassed the migraine but where I usually get it a few days before AF..I did end up getting it a few days after AF:growlmad: but I got to try the Maxalt and it worked like a charm:happydance:..I started taking EPO for this cycle but I don't know how much it'll help..this is it before IVF so we'll see :)

Hi googly, because my biggest issue (so far) is around timing the BD as my OH works away 2 weeks out of 4, I need my cycle dates to shift back a few days. My LP was fine(15/16 days) until I took EPO so this is my last EPO cycle, and I'm assuming my LP will only be 8 or 9 days again with the EPO.

About 2 days before I expect AF (I'll be symptom spotting my AF!) I'll start on the mini BCP (which is basically progresterone) and take that for 3-5 days, which will give me a decent length of LP and mean I can time BD for next month for when my OH is home, and I should have a regular LP with no EPO next month - phew!!!

The

Don't use the cream girly, ask your doctor for the gel. The cream really doesn't do much.

Hi Mon, I'm going to use the mini BCP for a few days which is basically progresterone. It's a timing thing for me at this point.

I'm taking 1x 500mg capsule a day, that's a low dose, plenty of others are taking 1000mg or 1500mg a day:shrug:

I'm only taking 1x500mg i didn't realise that was a low dose? :wacko:

LOL well I assumed 500mg was the standard dose as that's what it says to take on the side of the packet (Boots own make) but then I googled (fatal error) and there found articles recommending 1200mg or 1500mg - so IDK Jodes :shrug: I also have a pack which are 300mg - again it recommends one a day, and when I was cruising the vitamin aisle in Boots last week found a 1200mg packet which again recommended 1 a day.:wacko:

Hi googly, because my biggest issue (so far) is around timing the BD as my OH works away 2 weeks out of 4, I need my cycle dates to shift back a few days. My LP was fine(15/16 days) until I took EPO so this is my last EPO cycle, and I'm assuming my LP will only be 8 or 9 days again with the EPO.

About 2 days before I expect AF (I'll be symptom spotting my AF!) I'll start on the mini BCP (which is basically progresterone) and take that for 3-5 days, which will give me a decent length of LP and mean I can time BD for next month for when my OH is home, and I should have a regular LP with no EPO next month - phew!!!

Wow that's quite a mission! Interesting about the mini pill...

I'm taking 1x 500mg capsule a day, that's a low dose, plenty of others are taking 1000mg or 1500mg a day:shrug:

I'm only taking 1x500mg i didn't realise that was a low dose? :wacko:

LOL well I assumed 500mg was the standard dose as that's what it says to take on the side of the packet (Boots own make) but then I googled (fatal error) and there found articles recommending 1200mg or 1500mg - so IDK Jodes :shrug: I also have a pack which are 300mg - again it recommends one a day, and when I was cruising the vitamin aisle in Boots last week found a 1200mg packet which again recommended 1 a day.:wacko:

Interesting if i'm not pregnant this cycle then i'm just going to take my EPO on it's own and perhaps take 2x500g :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->