MY experiment using OPKs as HPT.update can you see this on HPT??

jenlouise

Reaction score
HI, im actually new to using ovulation sticks, ive heard of people using them as preg tests? If you was to get A postive with FMU would it mean you could be pregnant? x

UPDATE. I have deciced to test every morning with FMU just to see what happens. I have added some pics on the last page of the last 2 tests.

It means there is a strong chance you are and that its time to get the pregnancy test out :thumbup: xxx

It means there is a strong chance you are and that its time to get the pregnancy test out :thumbup: xxx

Thanks hun, ill remember that just incase it ever happens lol am i right in thinking then that technically if you was to use FMU on a ovulation test ( i know your not suppose to test till after 2pm) and you are NOT pregnant then there should be no lines at all or very very very faint ones? xx

LH isn't made in the night and if you get lines on a opk with fmu there is a strong chance you can be pregnant. I used them with my pregnancy and when I started getting a line on the opk I took a hpt and got a positive too xxx

LH isn't made in the night and if you get lines on a opk with fmu there is a strong chance you can be pregnant. I used them with my pregnancy and when I started getting a line on the opk I took a hpt and got a positive too xxx

thanks hun for the info, really didnt have a clue about all this lol. i have 50 of the ovulation tests and not many preg tests so may use this to cure the urge to POAS lol. im guessing the line on the ovulation stick would have to be a dark or darker then the control one, to count as postive? xx when is LH made as well, ive heard in the morning then it gets round your body in the afternoon, which im guessing makes sense x

A lot of times I got very dark and strong positives on ovulation tests just before AF.
They can be heartbreaking I suggest you don't use them as HPTs.
If I were you, I'd buy some more HPTs. :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat. I've run out of IC HPTs and am using OPKs. They are getting darker and darker and I'm about 13dpo! I've heard of girls getting dark OPKs and they were pregnant but I've also heard of them getting dark OPKs right before AF showed up! I guess we should take the advice here and NOT use them to detect pregnancy!! Good luck!

hey ladies, thanks for all the info:thumbup:

I have deciced just to do a little experiement as im intrested to see how the OPK sticks change when nearing A/F or infact becoming pregnant.:happydance: Of course i wont take this too seriously and if i thought i was infact pregnant then i would do a preg test, but just wanted to see how things turn out, I will test every morning with FMU untill A/F arrives or untill i get a BFP. Im not 100%sure when i ovulated i think it was 8 days ago ( cant be 100% as didnt get these tests in the post till a few days ago)

Ok so here is 1st picture, top pic was yesterday test with FMU
2Nd is this mornings with FMU

I will just add as well that i tested 3 times yesterday afternoon and in the evening and got very very faint lines and where a lot lighter then these lines.

Attachments

• b and b 1.jpg
    b and b 1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 47
  • b and b 2.jpg
    b and b 2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 32
I'd get the pregnancy tests out hun, and see what they come up with. Me personally I'd say they look promising xxx

I'd get the pregnancy tests out hun, and see what they come up with. Me personally I'd say they look promising xxx

Hey hun just seen this and it made me a little bit excited :dance: But i know you cant trust OPK so i think im gona leave it a few more days before i test and see what happens.x

Morning,
so here is this morning tests. Ive added 2 pics from different views. Just to add as well that FMU was used, however i woke at 3am to go the loo then tested at 7.30am so it wasnt held all night. Also i tested yesterday evening twice and there was no line at all ( well it was there but so so so faint )

Attachments

• bump and baby.jpg
    bump and baby.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 16
  • bump and baby 2.jpg
    bump and baby 2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 16
This mornings, test....
what do you think, same, lighter, darker?

Attachments

• b 1.jpg
    b 1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 17
  • b and b 2.jpg
    b and b 2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 15
This morning tests....

To be honest i think im out as yesterday and this morning i have had a tiny amount if brown spotting, also i have done 2 OPKS tests this morning as the test i did with FMU seemed a little lighter so i did another test with my 2nd wee of the AM,and that one did seem darker then the 1st one but not darker then yesterdays??? xx

Attachments

• bump it.jpg
    bump it.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 36
When is your AF due ? This looks promising and the brown spotting could be implantation bleeding ! FXed for you !!!

aww good look im very interested in your thread as im currently have lines on opks to ! but think im about 8dpo? fingers crossed 4 u!xx

When is your AF due ? This looks promising and the brown spotting could be implantation bleeding ! FXed for you !!!

Well to be honest i have no idea as A//f can be a bit all over the place. It has kind of settled to 34 ish days but thats not fixed. I have a feeling this cycle will be shorter as i had fertile cm/high cervix on monday 3nd Jan( this is when we :sex: too) now last A/F was 20th dec. im pretty sure i ovulated on or around the 3rd jan. So going on all of that i would be about 11 DPO and my Lutual bit is normally 15 days so could be due on sunday but as i say cycles can be a bit wacky:wacko: so will just have to see xx

aww good look im very interested in your thread as im currently have lines on opks to ! but think im about 8dpo? fingers crossed 4 u!xx

hey hun good luck, post your piccys and dont worry i will update every day untill A/F come or by a massive miracle i get a BFP lol

Here is this mornings test, i think the line looks darker?? but i think im out as yesterday and day b4 i had some brown spotting and this morning i had some red blood ( nothing since) Last A/F was 20th DEC so if A/F comes this will be my shortest cycle ever. I also took a very cheap preg test and im sorry for how shocking the picture is, i know it looks like its been chewed,( get what you pay for lol) i think its BFN. ( the preg test is last picture )

Attachments

• b and b 2.jpg
    b and b 2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 21
  • b and b 3.jpg
    b and b 3.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 20
  • b and b 4.jpg
    b and b 4.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online