My Fitbit HR detected my pregnancy after ov! Why don't we all know this?!

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
Just wanted to share with you all as I can't believe believe I didn't know this! :shock:

I got a fitbit HR in Sept and it measures your resting heart rate each day... It was always between 57-61, it would go up the day I ovd, then back down again.... On my 3rd cycle wearing it, it went up at ov time, then down the next day, then from 2dpo up, up, up...I did some searching, wondering what would make my resting heart rate increase as I was well, hadn't been Doing anything strenuous and wasnt stressed....the only thing that came back was early preg. Of course your heart rate would increase, your body is working harder! I asked on here at around 4/5dpo and the people that replied had said their heart rates increased in their tww....so it was possible! Below is the graph of my resting heart rate..dec 17th is when I ovd. If I were to guess when I implantated, Id say 9dpo (my bbt chart in sig...that shows two lower temps at 8/9dpo). But my heart rate chart shows a big dip at 9dpo, followed by an increase that just keeps increasing! Its all very interesting! I got my bfp at 11dpo! But if I had been sure of the heart rate thing before, I could have found out at 2dpo onwards! :shock:
I know so much can happen (or not happen) its just that Im surprised that we look for all these symptoms which are also typical for impending af, yet this sign is only there in early preg! :shrug: for me anyway! :thumbup: would love to know if any of you have ever used this method before or have fitbits but didnt know this! :thumbup: xx

image.jpg

My Fitbit has been going up from 61-63 to 75 Bpm ... I am 8 dpo and had a bfn today. When did you start testing ?

i got my bfp at 10dpo, a really faint squinter on ic, but confirmed with a frer at 11dpo with fmu!

Every other cycle it may have gone up afew at ov, then straight down afterwards and stayed down, this cycle just kept going up up and up
!! Good luck to you! :dance: xx!

That is amazing! Congratulations x

Wow thats amazing! im definitly gonna get a heart rate monitor watch now and try it. Congrats btw:happydance:

thank you ladies! Yes Im still amzed by it really! I remember thinking how weird it was that it was keeping going up then started googling etc.....i had very little preg symptoms so was so shocked! And annoyed that I didnt know this before!! Lol x
Good luck and :dust: to you all xxx

This thread is going strong in the first tri thread where it was posted as well, wondering if any other ladies with fitbit HR are in the trying to conceive forum?

yes its so interesting, would be great to hear of ttcers who have fitbits, track their r.heart rate!! :thumbup: x

I seen an article about this. A man notice his hearts heart rate up so made an appointment for her and the doctor told them that she was pregnant, that why her heart rate was up

yes, Ive seen a few too! I posted this same thread in first tri and its had a lot more response on there, with many women using their fitbits to detect their pregnancies! :thumbup: wish Id known this years ago...i wouldnt have needed to wait for af to know I wasnt in with a shot...i could have mentally moved on from 3dpo....:dohh:

Heres the link to one of the articles on fitbits :thumbup: xx
https://kiss951.com/2016/02/09/your-fitness-tracker-knows-youre-pregnant-before-you-do/

I finally got a Fitbit hr after reading ur post months ago, I kept asking DH to get me one hehe so today he got me one for my bday.
Anyways I'm 8dpo today and my resting heart rate for today is 88, what was ur hr around 8-9dpo?

Mine is a bit variable it's the pattern I look for rather than the actual number. Mine is usually in the late 60's early 70's around that time

Mine is a bit variable it's the pattern I look for rather than the actual number. Mine is usually in the late 60's early 70's around that time

I know i have to look at the entire month reading before any conclusions but since i just got it, i was wondering why my hr is so high. Resting hr was recorded at 77 but than every time i look, its around high 90

The resting hr is a mix of your sleeping hr and hr when you've been still for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure of the exact algorithm. My resting hr is 65bpm today but right now it's 83bpm. Probably because I just got home from the gym and ate a sandwich, been sitting down a good 20 minutes now

The resting hr is a mix of your sleeping hr and hr when you've been still for a certain amount of time. I'm not sure of the exact algorithm. My resting hr is 65bpm today but right now it's 83bpm. Probably because I just got home from the gym and ate a sandwich, been sitting down a good 20 minutes now

Maybe im reading it wrong, it says yesterday's resting hr 77 is that the one i look at or when i first wake p? Right now mine is 98 and i have been sitting for hour and half on computer so just my arms moving lol

The resting hr is the one it works out and plots on the daily graph, sometimes I find mine might go up or down 1bpm from the first reading of the day

aw okey so mine is 77 for yesterday, will see what is it tom. Im gonna test tom anyways so if its bfn then there is no point of getting my hopes up over a heart rate lol

Congratulations, but i find it hard to believe it'd tell you at 2dpo, you wouldn't have even implanted that early so your heart rate wouldn't yet be affected... more likely other factors raised your heart rate.

thank you xx i implanted at 9dpo as I had another spike at 10dpo where my hr increased to another level. I had done nothing different other than got pregnant when I ovulated. Usually it increased slightly then returned to ore-ov bom after ovulation but obviously the fertilised egg made my body work a little to get it to implantation, Im guessing anyway. Lol xx

Gooden ration, yay for getting a fitbit....only something else to obsess over :dohh: im 28weeks today and for the past week its been elevated again, where some points its over 100bpm just doing the slightest of tasks. But yes, go with the resting heart rate that it gives you daily. I had 3 cycles before i got pregnant so i could see a pattern and therefore notice a change which happened quite quickly and noticeabley after ovulation :thumbup: good luck! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->