My Grace Born At 23 weeks

S

Sophemma16

My little girl Grace was born on the 5th july 2009 at only 23 weeks, her being born so early was a huge shock and hard for me to cope with, but i need to stay strong for grace! Grace is going for an operation tomoorow to fix one of her heart valves, jst hope she pulls through. Finding it hard to cope and manage on my own im only 16 any ideas, and please pray for little Grace xx
Soph x

Little Grace Is Being transferred to GOSH today, wishin her all the best !! xx Mummy Loves You Darling

Im sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster.

Your little girl must be strong already-she is still here. Well done her!

The scbu unit should have some info for you on young parents and whatever you do dont be afraid to ask ANYTHING! even if it sounds daft-if it puts your mind at rest, then ask. Get yourself onto the Bliss website-they will have heaps of info for you about what she is going to have, why and loads of other stuff.

Loads of us on here have been in your situation so we can sympathise-me included-and my own little girl is currently undergoing investigations for problems with her Heart and Lungs too.

Take care of yourself and good luck for your little girl. stay strong little one xxx

ETA-remember to take billions of pictures of her as you'll never ever believe how small she was! how much does she weigh?

aww thnx hun she weighs 2lb 2 so shes very tiny x but shes being strong for her mummy like i am for her x

:hugs::hugs: She sounds a strong little girl x

just wanted to ask. as at 23 weeks they are not considered 'viable'. (sounds awful i know) did they help you little girl breathe or did she manage herself? lots of people here have had situation where the hospital refused to help the baby because they were born under 24 weeks. sorry just wondering. the law should be changed so that all babies are given a chance. good luck to u and your little precious.

just wanted to ask. as at 23 weeks they are not considered 'viable'. (sounds awful i know) did they help you little girl breathe or did she manage herself? lots of people here have had situation where the hospital refused to help the baby because they were born under 24 weeks. sorry just wondering. the law should be changed so that all babies are given a chance. good luck to u and your little precious.

I was thinking this too, i really do hope the law is changed. 2lb 2oz is an excellent weight for a preemie especially one who is just before viabilty.

Stay strong Gracie

V x

Your little girl sounds so strong, will be keeping you both in my thoughts :hugs:

because when she was born at 23 weeks it was only 2 days till she was 24 weeks so the docs said that they would try there best and give her the best possible chance x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->