my little superman max, 26weeks and 1day, 8weeks old today!!

maxsmummy

mum of 4,
Reaction score
hi im new to this but would love to be in contct with people that have prem babies to share the highs and the lows with, hope u dont mind!!! max was born at 26weeks plus 1 by csection on the 1st of september 09 weighin 2lb and 5oz !! my waters broke at 22weeks and i stayed in hospital until he was born he was born then because my planceta came away!!! max has been doing so well and was nearly ready to go into hd, off the cpap for 5hours on for 3hours and then on saturday he was havin difficulties breathein and kept havein bradys and apneas that needed intervention so they ventolated him agen!!! i was beside by self they still are not totally sure whats wrong but they are treating it as a infection!! they was going to take him off the ventilator today but are putting in a line line so are going to leave him on the ventiltor until tomorrow!! he now weighs 3lb 2oz, so wake and lively but now i feel heartbroken that he has had this setback!!:nope:

welcome hun, congrats on baby Max he looks like a wee cutie!

Like in NICU has many good and bad days put all the parents on here have nothing but success stories to share, hopefully this 'infection' is a minor setback and my tomo his body has had enough rest that he'll prove he's ready to move into the big boy room. We are all here for you sweetie in whatever way you need us xx

Hello welcome to this forum. Your little one is gorgeous and a good weight for his gestation! My LO was 26+3 and weighed 2lb oz. She is four months and three weeks old and keeping me on more toes still. She had infections which caused bradys and apneas, in fact she was labelled the queen of bradys and apneas. She used to give me and all the nurses a fright and keep them on their toes. Our prem babies like to frighten us that is for sure.
It sounds like Max might have an infection if he is having bradys, their little bodies have to fight so hard.

Did you have a placenta abruption? I did which is why EMily was premature?

If you ever want to PM me about anything please do...like all the wonderful mums on here, we are here for you...x

rr thank u, its nice to be able to share things! yes i has a abrution from a previous section with my twins! very time the alarm goes they all look at max!! lol but it not him all the time! its his second infection he had one at 4weeks aswell but just didnt expect it this time!!! is yr baby home now??? they are really beutiful babies!!! how do i put photos on here??

:hi: welcome! Sounds like he is doing well. Molly was a similar weight, 2lb 4oz at 29 weeks so he has a good start! Molly was on and off CPAP for a while, its not uncommon for them to have little 'setbacks'. I think sometimes they just need a rest! Keep us up to date with how he is getting on :hugs:

Hi and welcome.
Max looks like a proper cutie. Look forward to more pics and hope he gets stronger every day xxx

Hi :hi:

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see little Max is holding his own, I agree with embojet-sometimes they just need a little rest to get their energy back!

My daughter also weighed only 2lb 4oz at birth at 32 weeks, they soon bounce back and he'll probably suprise you by coming on in leaps and bounds!

We are thinking of you xx

Hello Max! and hello MaxsMummy!

You both sound like you are doing a fine job and getting there bit by bit. Well done!!!!! :) and what a little cutie x

thank u evry one for the kind words!! well had a good bit of news this morning wen i rang in! they have put him back on cpap!!! and he is doin well on low flow!! hes really settled and not be to grumpy!! which is unusal because max is really quite grumpy about somethings!! i dont blame him bless him! cant wait to get up the unit in a bit and see him!!!:flower:

well done Max, think he just needed a wee rest there. Wont be long til you start to get cuddles this will help with the grumpyness xx

Hi hun, Max sounds like a little fighter, what a great weight too. My son was born at 29 weeks weighing 2lb 5oz. You're guaranteed to have your good days and your bad days so just take each day as it comes. Max definitely sounds like a fighter though, keep it up little man!!

thanks yeah cuddles do seem to settle him, i think that is what has made it difficult for me because was so used to the cuddles!

welcome over huni! max sounds like a real fighter..

i use photobucket to upload my pics onto here x

Hi maxsmummy, I had Freddy at 27 weeks and he weighed 2lb 6ozs. He picked up 3 bad infections and was in intensive care for ages just when he was bein reduced off cpap Bang ill again and apnea and bradys!! He eventually went right down hill and had to be reventilated and had canulas in every limb his little body looked like it had been in a car crash. They shaved his hair off both sides of his head to put lines in his scalp with no luck, then a central line was put in

Eventually he got out of NICU in to Special Care then picked up Yet another infection as kept stopping breathing, back to nicu!! After 9 weeks we got him home after a set back on first week at home again he stopped breathing thank god for our resuss training!!

But I totally understand how you are feeling and what you are going through you just feel like all the other babys are doin really well and you will never get home! It is a horrible horrible rollercoaster and one i wouldnt wish on my worst enemy! But now I look at Freddy and think are you the same baby?? He is 10 mths old and nearly 17lb.

https://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p253/CarolineHearn/freddy/Image030.jpg
Freddy in nicu
https://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p253/CarolineHearn/freddy/7734_135076376261_530751261_2996190.jpg
Freddy a couple of months ago

thanks cazH, how old was freddy wen u took him home, max is two months on sunday, it just seems so long and i cant see a light at the end of the tunnel. what makes it worse is people are askin all the time "wen do u think he'll be home" and is he going to be home by christmas!! which i dont know the answer to! he seems so much better last nite which is great, all nice and pink alert and wriggly, he in air as well which is good they sed he is hardly havin any apneas and bradys which is brill!! there starting to build his feed bk up agen as well and his infection levels are bk in normal range which im so pleased about!! hoping they sed they would start cylcing him agen tomorrow twos hours off to start with then buoild him up!!!!!!!!!

thanks cazH, how old was freddy wen u took him home, max is two months on sunday, it just seems so long and i cant see a light at the end of the tunnel. what makes it worse is people are askin all the time "wen do u think he'll be home" and is he going to be home by christmas!! which i dont know the answer to! he seems so much better last nite which is great, all nice and pink alert and wriggly, he in air as well which is good they sed he is hardly havin any apneas and bradys which is brill!! there starting to build his feed bk up agen as well and his infection levels are bk in normal range which im so pleased about!! hoping they sed they would start cylcing him agen tomorrow twos hours off to start with then buoild him up!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic news...being in Air is fantastic and the fact he is not having any bradys and apneas shows how well he is doing. My little one was in air from week 2 of our journey but she had the most horrific bradys and apneas, one apneas we are waiting to see if it has done any long term damage. I never understood why she was not on oxygen as her breathing problems were quite bad, well in my eyes they were...

I know it is hard but the light is there it is just clouded by our impatience to get them home...I know it is really frustrating but he will be home before you know it and then you will be so busy, NICU and SCBU starts to become a faded memory. For me it is anyway.

Big hugs...he is doing so well...xx

https://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p253/CarolineHearn/freddy/Image030.jpg
Freddy in nicu
https://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p253/CarolineHearn/freddy/7734_135076376261_530751261_2996190.jpg
Freddy a couple of months ago[/QUOTE]

CazH, Freddy is gorgeous...then and now...it is so lovely to hear he is doing well...x

He was 9weeks old hun, all of a sudden it seemed to happen. One minute there was no sign of him coming home the next he was back in Special care asking me if i had everything ready. Its the longest waitever to get them home and the resentment of other babies going home is huge coz you just think when is gonna be our time??

Freddys infection levels were so high at one point 300crp at one point the highest!! we thought he was a gonna but never heard any other babies struggling, but looking back there must have been!!

I hated it when people asked me so when is he comin home?? You dont have any idea in there because they never tell you! All sounds good so far for Max so fingers crossed he is on his way outta there!!!!! You just cannot explain the emotions and pain you feel to others that havent been there.

Love to you all sending Max all the strength in the world!!!

he seems to be stronger this time because althought hey sed they would start cycling him tomorrow they have started this evenin because he is really coping well, im so proud of him!! i cant wait for the day theyask me am i ready for him!!!!!! but i dont want to et my hopes up to much that he will be home for xmas!! hes wasnt due until 7th dec so i suppose hes got another month to get well enough!!!!!!!!!!! it is feels horrible to say u resent other babies in he unit but its true!!!!!! ive met another lady in ic who baby is a 26wker and hes three weeks younger than max, his mum says she like lookin at max so she can see what her bbyis going to be like!!!! its so nice to hear stories with a great out come!!!! people dont understand what it ike to be in that situtation unless they have been there and some people can be so insenative with what they say to u or a bout the baby!!!! its so harrd all round!!!!!!! thank u tho, u all have made me feel more confident that he will get home!!!!!! xx

Of course he will get out hun! We always aimed to get Freddy out by his due date and he came out a month before. Some babies just like all the attention and the nurses fuss and wanna stay in there as long as possible, little monkeys!!! So glad he is coping well its amazing how quick they turn around. I couldnt believe it when Freddy was taken off his ventilator for the second time he went on cpap for a day then off completely yet before he was ventilated he only managed 4hrs off cpap. They do amaze us.

You wait till he comes out as people dont believe how old they are they always said Are you sure he is that old???

Come on Max come home to mummy!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->