my little superman max, 26weeks and 1day, 8weeks old today!!

Of course he will get out hun! We always aimed to get Freddy out by his due date and he came out a month before. Some babies just like all the attention and the nurses fuss and wanna stay in there as long as possible, little monkeys!!! So glad he is coping well its amazing how quick they turn around. I couldnt believe it when Freddy was taken off his ventilator for the second time he went on cpap for a day then off completely yet before he was ventilated he only managed 4hrs off cpap. They do amaze us.

You wait till he comes out as people dont believe how old they are they always said Are you sure he is that old???

Come on Max come home to mummy!!!!!!!

That is so true. Our babies turn corners faster than a Porche. Max will get there but in his own time. Emily did and I swear she wanted to stay in SCBU as she loved the attention from the nurses. She was the oldest baby in their at one point! She came home a week before term. It is hard seeing other babies go home, I remember I befriended a mum who's baby was a few weeks younger than Emily, when she told me they were rooming in then going home I was happy for her but then had to leave the unit as I started balling my eyes out, almost out of jealousy. You wait in a few weeks they will talking about discharging him and then you start thinking...oh my god! He is coming home!

As CazH states above...it is hilarious telling people how old your baby is...everyone says to me how many weeks is she? I say 'try how many months!'. She is 4 months old yet looks 1 week old...it is great fun seeing people's reactions...
Not long hun and it will be you!!

oh that is so true about people asking how old they are. even now people keep saying to me 'oh he must only be a week old, right?' so when i say he is 3 months they are totally baffled. sometimes i tell them he was early, but other times i just leave them to be confused lol.

it's true that they just suddenly change. One day i thought Sam would never be ready to come home, the next he was doing so well and came home about a week later.

i was so jealous watching other babies go home too. when sam was in special care, two other babies came in who had the same due date as Sam, but they were only a few weeks early so got out quicker, never had to be in intensive care or anything. it was particularly when i saw them breastfeeding their babies, or bringing in expressed milk where the bottles were full to the brim, whereas i struggled to even get 30mls. my body just didnt seem ready to make milk, i'm sure it was because he was early. have any of you had problems with milk and/or breastfeeding?

i ya every one thank u for ur support, max is doing really well today they are gonna have in full feeds by midnite so tomorrow the long line can cum out and today he was really annoyed about some thing never heard him cry like it!! he was really cross te nurse tried every thing but noting helped then she sed ill see if it the cpap mask bothering him, and he took it off and he settled down she spoke to the doctors and told tem they sed leave him off for a while see how he goes e got to fours hours and the doctors sed they wanted to put him bk on even tho he wasnt struggling because they didnt want to tire him out they sed they are going to try a nasnal oxygen circuit tomorrow and see how he copes with that!!!:thumbup: i had a lot of trouble with my milk even on the tablets they gave me i never got mor than 20mls and when max was 5weeks old it dried up all together!! i really wanna show u all some pics of him but dnt know how to upload them xxx:blush:

MAX U ARE A LITTLE PICKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just spoke to his nurse he lasted twenty mins on the cpap after i left him this afternoon and started goin crazy and just wouldnt settle so they have put him on the nasal circuit now!!!!!!!! and she says he nice and settled she also sed he is absolutly starving, hes eating his hands screaming every time he loses his dummy, think he is feeling like a PROPA BABY!!!!!!!!!! he is definatley feelin better!!! hopfully try him a bottle near the end of the week!! wow i feel on such a high he can go from being so poorly to bein like this!!!!! :happydance:

You go Max that sounded just like Freddy they couldnt settle him one nite so had to give him a dummy they then realised he wanted more feed!!

I too hardly got any milk out i used to get 40mils max 20mls from each boob. I used to pump for ages on that horrid inustrial green machine worst at 2am in morn in the winter ergh! I used to come in with this little pathetic pot sometimes half full! (the one with purple lid) where as other mums used to come in with these big pots full to the brim! I even tried those motilium tablets but got about 5mls extra!

Eventually after 2 mths bein home i switched to full Nutriprem bottle as was feeding breast for an hour then topping him up with bottle then winding this took about a hour and half then after an hour had to feed again NIGHTMARE!!

Praying Max copes ok on nasal tube i think once they get a taste of a free nostril they dont wanna go back, i used to worry incase freddy came out looking like a pig with his squashed nose!

Love to you and max xxxx:baby:

MAX U ARE A LITTLE PICKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just spoke to his nurse he lasted twenty mins on the cpap after i left him this afternoon and started goin crazy and just wouldnt settle so they have put him on the nasal circuit now!!!!!!!! and she says he nice and settled she also sed he is absolutly starving, hes eating his hands screaming every time he loses his dummy, think he is feeling like a PROPA BABY!!!!!!!!!! he is definatley feelin better!!! hopfully try him a bottle near the end of the week!! wow i feel on such a high he can go from being so poorly to bein like this!!!!! :happydance:

Told you they turn so quick, little pickles!!! You are on the top of that rollercoaster let hope you can get off now!!!!!!:hugs:

Oh about the photos, get on Photobucket and create an album you can edit them to make them smaller then cut the

https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax001.jpg max 1 hour old https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax020-1.jpg max 11days old https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax018-1.jpg mummys first cuddle 7days old https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax042-1.jpg max 6weeks old
https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax048.jpg max 7weeks

aww look at him he is so sweet. it sounds like he's turned the corner! isn't it amazing how one day they just wake up and finally start communicating and interacting with the world. well done max!!

oh i do ho[pe he has turned that corner and carries on getting stronger!!!!!!!!!! thanks eveyone! here is a pic i look off max yesterday, he was months old yesterday!!! all the nurses have been ccommenting on how good he looks and how hes getting chubby lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax059.jpg

I have one word to say GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww he is adorable! It sounds like he is doing really well :hugs:

max update!!!!!!!!!!!
max no longer has any thing to help him breathe they took the oxygen away last nite which is great!!!!!!!!!! he is copin really well keepinghis sats up high!!!!!!!:happydance:

23hrs and counting been off low flow:happydance: !!!
https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax075.jpg max off all breathing aids just a feeding tube now yipeeee
https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax073.jpg look u can even see up my nose lol xxx
https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax070.jpg max having in alittle nap holdin mummys finger xxxx

Awww gorgeous as always! Thats fab news. It's great when the tubes are gone isnt it?! He is doing so well :hugs:

It is fantastic when the tubes and wires start to disappear...your pictures are beautiful...he is so tiny and cute, you forget how small they were...keep capturing the moments, they are so precious...x

yes it is great feels realy good actually like a real baby with the tubes gone!! hes just gotta start tolrating milk forumla now because he is still no donor milk whuch does not have enough calories in it for him to put on substainal weight! he weighs 3lb9oz which i think is quite good considering he wasnt fed for nearly four weeks!!!!!!! he went down in wieght to 1lb 9oz, and there talkin about putting him in hd, which is good and the nurse sed they go home from hd there because there specail care nursey is not open at the moment!!!!!!!:cloud9:

Sounds like he is doinf well, well done Max!

Ah Max you look even more gorgeous now without all those nasty tubes!! It is so good to hear how well he is doin, told you they turn around so quick, I bet you he will be home in a few weeks now at last a light at the end of the tunnel!

Freddy came home at 3lb 11ozs so it could be so soon. It just brings back all those feelings i had when I saw my little boy all of a sudden come off the ventialter then cpap to nothing the worst was no machines or apnea monitors you then just never stop looking at them or poking them!!!!

Hed better start making his xmas list to santa ready for when he comes home!!!!

i never really thouhgt that they could turn around so quickly its amazing!!!!!! these babies are such fighters and have to go through so much but they amaze everyone never thought we would get this far and yes i can see a little light at the end of the tunnel:happydance: :cloud9:
max had his first bottle today, i have been pestering them all week to try him and today they did! he took 10mls out of the bottle, he has a 20ml feed every 2hours so the nurse sed that was really good for a first attempt!!!!!!
https://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac38/maxsmummy_2009/bbymax081.jpg max and his first bottle!!!!!!!:happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->